Rebranded Shanti Maurice sets out new vision for travellers on Mauritius holidays
Travellers booking Mauritius holidays at their favourite Shanti Ananda spa resort will have to look out for the new name as the resort undergoes a new brands identity and unveils its new name as Shanti Maurice to appeal to a wider market.
The luxury spa resort, Shanti Ananda, has changed its name to Shanti Maurice as part of a new brand identity and image in a bid to appeal to a larger market of travellers taking Mauritius holidays.
The resort has been set apart from other Mauritius hotels by offering a range of excellent spa facilities and introducing a new kids club and children's activities to attract families on Mauritius holidays. Shanti Maurice is appealing to couples looking to plan weddings abroad in Mauritius by providing a range of wedding services, facilities and luxury accommodation comprising 61 suites and villas, for romantic holidays and honeymoons.
Travellers who love to indulge in relaxing luxury spa treatments on their Mauritius holidays will be spoilt for choice as the newly branded resort works with Africology to offer a wider spa experience within the Nira Spa. The resort's new signature restaurant, Stars, offers diners fine cuisine using local produce and a fusion of delicious ingredients. The Fish and Rum Shack provides a relaxed dining experience for barefoot diners on the beach and stunning views overlooking the sparkling ocean.
Shanti Maurice's re-launch took place on 15th June 2010 with the intention of providing guests on Mauritius holidays a unique experience whilst offering a range of opportunities where they can absorb the local Mauritian lifestyle and explore the island's sights and attractions.
The resort's Chief Executive, Manvinder Puri, said:
"We want to be the catalyst to show people what the island is really about. Mauritius grows coffee and tea, makes its own beers and rums and is a bountiful place for produce and fish – this is what we want to showcase.
"We want to give people the chance to go to the local church on Sundays, to visit plantations, to see local schools and really get to know the island and the Mauritian people. There are five hotel groups controlling 70% of the island's accommodation, but we feel we can stand out by offering this local flavour to our guests."
Shanti Maurice is part of the Nira Resorts group who have plans to open new resorts in destinations including Croatia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Marrakech, Kerala, Phuket, Japan and Manila.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...