The greenest Dubai hotels announced during Dubai Tourism Green Tourism Award
During the Dubai Green Tourism Awards 2010 the names of the most eco-friendly hotels in the emirate were revealed during a ceremony held at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. Top winners included Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt and Al Qsar Hotel.
Eco-conscious travellers now have a new selection of eco-friendly Dubai hotels to choose from when they plan their Dubai holidays as The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) recently announced the names of the Dubai hotels that won in the Dubai Green Tourism Award 2009. Launched last year, these green awards were created to honour environment-friendly hotels in Dubai that have made significant efforts and improvements to services and systems to offer greener Dubai holidays through internal and external initiatives such as waste recycling, energy conservation, and environmental awareness campaigns. The winners were announced during the concluding grand ceremony organised by the DCTM on Wednesday morning at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City, Al Ras Hall 1.
When it comes to the proud receivers of such prestigious green awards in the industry of Dubai holidays and Dubai hotels, the results are as follows - for the 5 Star Hotel Category, Park Hyatt took first place, Grand Hyatt ranked second, and Al Qasr Hotel Madinat Jumeirah secured third place. In the 4 Star Hotel Category, Qamar Eddine Hotel took first place, Rotana Towers Hotel ranked second, Marriott Court Yard Hotel, Investment Complex secured third place.
As for the Three Star Hotel Category, Regal Plaza Hotel took first place, Virzales Hotel ranked second, and Princess Hotel secured the third place. Lastly, in the Hotel Apartment Category, Savoy Crest took first place, Grand Hyatt ranked second and Marriott Executive Dubai Creek secured third place.
The lucky recipients of the awards were announced last 5th June 2010 to coincide with the UN World Environment Day, with the formal awarding ceremony conducted during the grand ceremony organised by DTCM at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City.
The awarding rites were attended by DTCM officials H.E. Khalid Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Director General; Eyad Ali Abdul Rahman, Executive Director of Media Relations and Business Development Sector and a member in the panel of judges; Shaikha al Mutawa, Director of the Business Development Department and President of the Award Regulation Committee; and Majid Al Marri, Director of the Hotel Classification and Committee Vice President. Also present were a number of DTCM directors and winning establishments, members of the judging panel, and 130 directors of Dubai hotels and tourism establishments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...