The greenest Dubai hotels announced during Dubai Tourism Green Tourism Award
During the Dubai Green Tourism Awards 2010 the names of the most eco-friendly hotels in the emirate were revealed during a ceremony held at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. Top winners included Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt and Al Qsar Hotel.
Eco-conscious travellers now have a new selection of eco-friendly Dubai hotels to choose from when they plan their Dubai holidays as The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) recently announced the names of the Dubai hotels that won in the Dubai Green Tourism Award 2009. Launched last year, these green awards were created to honour environment-friendly hotels in Dubai that have made significant efforts and improvements to services and systems to offer greener Dubai holidays through internal and external initiatives such as waste recycling, energy conservation, and environmental awareness campaigns. The winners were announced during the concluding grand ceremony organised by the DCTM on Wednesday morning at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City, Al Ras Hall 1.
When it comes to the proud receivers of such prestigious green awards in the industry of Dubai holidays and Dubai hotels, the results are as follows - for the 5 Star Hotel Category, Park Hyatt took first place, Grand Hyatt ranked second, and Al Qasr Hotel Madinat Jumeirah secured third place. In the 4 Star Hotel Category, Qamar Eddine Hotel took first place, Rotana Towers Hotel ranked second, Marriott Court Yard Hotel, Investment Complex secured third place.
As for the Three Star Hotel Category, Regal Plaza Hotel took first place, Virzales Hotel ranked second, and Princess Hotel secured the third place. Lastly, in the Hotel Apartment Category, Savoy Crest took first place, Grand Hyatt ranked second and Marriott Executive Dubai Creek secured third place.
The lucky recipients of the awards were announced last 5th June 2010 to coincide with the UN World Environment Day, with the formal awarding ceremony conducted during the grand ceremony organised by DTCM at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City.
The awarding rites were attended by DTCM officials H.E. Khalid Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Director General; Eyad Ali Abdul Rahman, Executive Director of Media Relations and Business Development Sector and a member in the panel of judges; Shaikha al Mutawa, Director of the Business Development Department and President of the Award Regulation Committee; and Majid Al Marri, Director of the Hotel Classification and Committee Vice President. Also present were a number of DTCM directors and winning establishments, members of the judging panel, and 130 directors of Dubai hotels and tourism establishments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...