The greenest Dubai hotels announced during Dubai Tourism Green Tourism Award
During the Dubai Green Tourism Awards 2010 the names of the most eco-friendly hotels in the emirate were revealed during a ceremony held at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. Top winners included Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt and Al Qsar Hotel.
Eco-conscious travellers now have a new selection of eco-friendly Dubai hotels to choose from when they plan their Dubai holidays as The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) recently announced the names of the Dubai hotels that won in the Dubai Green Tourism Award 2009. Launched last year, these green awards were created to honour environment-friendly hotels in Dubai that have made significant efforts and improvements to services and systems to offer greener Dubai holidays through internal and external initiatives such as waste recycling, energy conservation, and environmental awareness campaigns. The winners were announced during the concluding grand ceremony organised by the DCTM on Wednesday morning at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City, Al Ras Hall 1.
When it comes to the proud receivers of such prestigious green awards in the industry of Dubai holidays and Dubai hotels, the results are as follows - for the 5 Star Hotel Category, Park Hyatt took first place, Grand Hyatt ranked second, and Al Qasr Hotel Madinat Jumeirah secured third place. In the 4 Star Hotel Category, Qamar Eddine Hotel took first place, Rotana Towers Hotel ranked second, Marriott Court Yard Hotel, Investment Complex secured third place.
As for the Three Star Hotel Category, Regal Plaza Hotel took first place, Virzales Hotel ranked second, and Princess Hotel secured the third place. Lastly, in the Hotel Apartment Category, Savoy Crest took first place, Grand Hyatt ranked second and Marriott Executive Dubai Creek secured third place.
The lucky recipients of the awards were announced last 5th June 2010 to coincide with the UN World Environment Day, with the formal awarding ceremony conducted during the grand ceremony organised by DTCM at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City.
The awarding rites were attended by DTCM officials H.E. Khalid Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Director General; Eyad Ali Abdul Rahman, Executive Director of Media Relations and Business Development Sector and a member in the panel of judges; Shaikha al Mutawa, Director of the Business Development Department and President of the Award Regulation Committee; and Majid Al Marri, Director of the Hotel Classification and Committee Vice President. Also present were a number of DTCM directors and winning establishments, members of the judging panel, and 130 directors of Dubai hotels and tourism establishments.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...