Island tries more tactics to avoid damaging effect of Kingston violence on Jamaica holidays
Putting every effort possible into minimising the damaging effect of the island's recent violent outburst, the Jamaica Tourist Board have organised a series of fam-trips for over 3000 travel agents in order to promote the safety of many Jamaica resorts.
The official Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) announce that in order to give a boost to Jamaica holidays to salvage its reputation from the recent violent incidents in its capital of Kingston, the island is set to bring 3,000 travel agents to the island in a series of family trips that will take place throughout June and then later this fall as one of several initiatives planned to counter any potential tourism downturn due to the recent violence in Kingston.
A Jamaica Tourist Board statement added that most of the trips by foreigners taking Jamaica holidays started this month, but were likely to stop the large inflow of passengers arriving to the country in July and August because because of shortage of air capacity as the airlines are full. The balance of the 3,000 agent will be completed in the fall. Roughly 73 people were killed in Jamaica’s capital when the government attempted to capture alleged drug and weapons dealer Christopher Coke. But tourism officials stress that Kingston is not near any major resort areas for the island and so far the impact on tourism has been minimal.
Nevertheless, the bad publicity surrounding the incident has affected tourism to some degree. John Lynch, director of tourism for the JTB, estimated that cancelled hotel bookings since last week’s violence in Kingston number around 300 and although this figure is not alarming every possible effort must be done to ensure a fruitful future for Jamaica holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...