Island tries more tactics to avoid damaging effect of Kingston violence on Jamaica holidays
Putting every effort possible into minimising the damaging effect of the island's recent violent outburst, the Jamaica Tourist Board have organised a series of fam-trips for over 3000 travel agents in order to promote the safety of many Jamaica resorts.
The official Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) announce that in order to give a boost to Jamaica holidays to salvage its reputation from the recent violent incidents in its capital of Kingston, the island is set to bring 3,000 travel agents to the island in a series of family trips that will take place throughout June and then later this fall as one of several initiatives planned to counter any potential tourism downturn due to the recent violence in Kingston.
A Jamaica Tourist Board statement added that most of the trips by foreigners taking Jamaica holidays started this month, but were likely to stop the large inflow of passengers arriving to the country in July and August because because of shortage of air capacity as the airlines are full. The balance of the 3,000 agent will be completed in the fall. Roughly 73 people were killed in Jamaica’s capital when the government attempted to capture alleged drug and weapons dealer Christopher Coke. But tourism officials stress that Kingston is not near any major resort areas for the island and so far the impact on tourism has been minimal.
Nevertheless, the bad publicity surrounding the incident has affected tourism to some degree. John Lynch, director of tourism for the JTB, estimated that cancelled hotel bookings since last week’s violence in Kingston number around 300 and although this figure is not alarming every possible effort must be done to ensure a fruitful future for Jamaica holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...