Preservation of Cuban coasts on the rise for pristine Cuba holidays
Putting a stronger emphasis on the preservation of Cuba's coastal pristine beauty, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15% of the insular platform and a fourth of the island's coral reefs as its main eco-preserving goal
Strengthening the efforts to keep Cuba holidays pristine and beautiful, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15 % of the insular platform and the fourth part of the coral reefs as one of the main goals to be soon achieved.
With all 14 municipalities having basins, the scientific potential of the Cuban westernmost province is immersed into all the conservation modalities, territorial reports of the Ministry of Science Technology and the Environment show.
Links between that sector and tourism have repercussion in the satisfactory preservation of biodiversity, in spots like the biosphere reserve in Guanahacabibes Peninsula, with over 150 immersion points destined to contemplative diving. In order to keep the potential and quality of Cuba holidays the protection of the island's marine wonders is imperative.
Specialised publications marked year 1989 as the date when the protection of the safekeeping of Cuban sea areas started, a labour less developed than the sector emerged from waters, where the tradition is bigger in regard to research.
That made the experts look towards the seas, which treasure biodiversity, landscape wealth with cultural and historical values, and a space for fishing activity, highly demanded worldwide with sustainable criteria.
As Cuba holidays bring sea-lovers with more than 100 coastal areas that are part of the SNAP, with almost 50 out of them with national recognition, while several spots are kept under the zones of protection with special usage regime, promoted by the fishing sector of the Ministry of Food Industry, and the diving entities.
Likewise, the Caribbean nation with some 3 603,95 miles of coasts, reports a process to declare the reef system and the National Park Cienaga de Zapata as World Heritage Site, since it is the biggest wetlands of the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...