Preservation of Cuban coasts on the rise for pristine Cuba holidays
Putting a stronger emphasis on the preservation of Cuba's coastal pristine beauty, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15% of the insular platform and a fourth of the island's coral reefs as its main eco-preserving goal
Strengthening the efforts to keep Cuba holidays pristine and beautiful, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15 % of the insular platform and the fourth part of the coral reefs as one of the main goals to be soon achieved.
With all 14 municipalities having basins, the scientific potential of the Cuban westernmost province is immersed into all the conservation modalities, territorial reports of the Ministry of Science Technology and the Environment show.
Links between that sector and tourism have repercussion in the satisfactory preservation of biodiversity, in spots like the biosphere reserve in Guanahacabibes Peninsula, with over 150 immersion points destined to contemplative diving. In order to keep the potential and quality of Cuba holidays the protection of the island's marine wonders is imperative.
Specialised publications marked year 1989 as the date when the protection of the safekeeping of Cuban sea areas started, a labour less developed than the sector emerged from waters, where the tradition is bigger in regard to research.
That made the experts look towards the seas, which treasure biodiversity, landscape wealth with cultural and historical values, and a space for fishing activity, highly demanded worldwide with sustainable criteria.
As Cuba holidays bring sea-lovers with more than 100 coastal areas that are part of the SNAP, with almost 50 out of them with national recognition, while several spots are kept under the zones of protection with special usage regime, promoted by the fishing sector of the Ministry of Food Industry, and the diving entities.
Likewise, the Caribbean nation with some 3 603,95 miles of coasts, reports a process to declare the reef system and the National Park Cienaga de Zapata as World Heritage Site, since it is the biggest wetlands of the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...