Preservation of Cuban coasts on the rise for pristine Cuba holidays
Putting a stronger emphasis on the preservation of Cuba's coastal pristine beauty, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15% of the insular platform and a fourth of the island's coral reefs as its main eco-preserving goal
Strengthening the efforts to keep Cuba holidays pristine and beautiful, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15 % of the insular platform and the fourth part of the coral reefs as one of the main goals to be soon achieved.
With all 14 municipalities having basins, the scientific potential of the Cuban westernmost province is immersed into all the conservation modalities, territorial reports of the Ministry of Science Technology and the Environment show.
Links between that sector and tourism have repercussion in the satisfactory preservation of biodiversity, in spots like the biosphere reserve in Guanahacabibes Peninsula, with over 150 immersion points destined to contemplative diving. In order to keep the potential and quality of Cuba holidays the protection of the island's marine wonders is imperative.
Specialised publications marked year 1989 as the date when the protection of the safekeeping of Cuban sea areas started, a labour less developed than the sector emerged from waters, where the tradition is bigger in regard to research.
That made the experts look towards the seas, which treasure biodiversity, landscape wealth with cultural and historical values, and a space for fishing activity, highly demanded worldwide with sustainable criteria.
As Cuba holidays bring sea-lovers with more than 100 coastal areas that are part of the SNAP, with almost 50 out of them with national recognition, while several spots are kept under the zones of protection with special usage regime, promoted by the fishing sector of the Ministry of Food Industry, and the diving entities.
Likewise, the Caribbean nation with some 3 603,95 miles of coasts, reports a process to declare the reef system and the National Park Cienaga de Zapata as World Heritage Site, since it is the biggest wetlands of the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...