Preservation of Cuban coasts on the rise for pristine Cuba holidays
Putting a stronger emphasis on the preservation of Cuba's coastal pristine beauty, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15% of the insular platform and a fourth of the island's coral reefs as its main eco-preserving goal
Strengthening the efforts to keep Cuba holidays pristine and beautiful, the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP) plans to take in at least 15 % of the insular platform and the fourth part of the coral reefs as one of the main goals to be soon achieved.
With all 14 municipalities having basins, the scientific potential of the Cuban westernmost province is immersed into all the conservation modalities, territorial reports of the Ministry of Science Technology and the Environment show.
Links between that sector and tourism have repercussion in the satisfactory preservation of biodiversity, in spots like the biosphere reserve in Guanahacabibes Peninsula, with over 150 immersion points destined to contemplative diving. In order to keep the potential and quality of Cuba holidays the protection of the island's marine wonders is imperative.
Specialised publications marked year 1989 as the date when the protection of the safekeeping of Cuban sea areas started, a labour less developed than the sector emerged from waters, where the tradition is bigger in regard to research.
That made the experts look towards the seas, which treasure biodiversity, landscape wealth with cultural and historical values, and a space for fishing activity, highly demanded worldwide with sustainable criteria.
As Cuba holidays bring sea-lovers with more than 100 coastal areas that are part of the SNAP, with almost 50 out of them with national recognition, while several spots are kept under the zones of protection with special usage regime, promoted by the fishing sector of the Ministry of Food Industry, and the diving entities.
Likewise, the Caribbean nation with some 3 603,95 miles of coasts, reports a process to declare the reef system and the National Park Cienaga de Zapata as World Heritage Site, since it is the biggest wetlands of the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
- Exclusive Singles offer at Paradisus Princesa Del Mar – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...