Rooney books Barbados holidays two days BEFORE World Cup exit
As Footballer Wayne Rooney goes on his Barbados holidays with his wife, Coleen, fans will be disappointed to discover that the holiday had been booked two days before England were defeated by Germany in the FIFA World Cup.
After a disappointing defeat in the World Cup, reports have emerged that footballer, Wayne Rooney, and his wife, Coleen are now enjoying their Barbados holidays which had actually been booked two days before England's exit.
It appears that Rooney himself had little faith in England sailing through to the next stage of the World Cup and he and his wife confirmed the booking of their Barbados holidays two days before England were defeated by Germany, 4-1.
The Manchester United footballer an his wife are staying at their new £5million mansion in the luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort, Royal Westmoreland situated on the west coast of Barbados in the parish of St James. The celebrity couple will stay at the mansion where they will be joined by Coleen's brothers, Joseph and Anthony. After a break at the mansion, Rooney and his wife will be continuing their Barbados holidays onboard a luxury cruise liner and will end their vacation by flying to Las Vegas for ten days.
The exclusive Royal Westmoreland resort is a popular hotspot with celebrities and Rooney's neighbours include boxing champion, Joe Calzhaghe, footballers Rio Ferdinand, and Gary Linnekar, cricketer Freddy Flintoff and TV presenters Ant and Dec. The Caribbean luxury Barbados hotel and villa resort is made up of lavish accommodation, a championship golf course, a luxury spa, and endless activities for high end travellers on Barbados holidays.
According to Rooney's management, "contingency plans" allowed him to book holidays during different stages of the tournament.
The 24-year old striker has cancelled an appearance at the A:3K soccer skills challenge which was scheduled to take place at the O2 Arena this summer. After the poor results for England in the World Cup, the event has been postponed until next summer.
A:3K director, Terry Byrne, said "Both Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney have made it clear they believe it would be inappropriate for them to participate in A:3K at this time.
"We fully understand and respect both players' decisions. We could have replaced them with two other players but feel the players involved are six of the best in the world - and that is what we promised we would deliver.
"Having consulted all parties involved, everyone agreed the only decision possible was to postpone the event until next summer when we intend to deliver the same six player line-up. Our priority right now is to our customers who have purchased tickets.
"We will be offering a full refund or the option to keep the tickets for next year's event. Once again all of us at A:3K would like to apologise to our customers, our partners and stakeholders for any inconvenience caused by the postponement."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Make the most of a good value for money deal, at a family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , a fashionable and lively strip.
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travelers' Choice Award
- Easy access to shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
Relax and enjoy great nightlife on the south coast, stay in a great hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach, where you can choose hassle free accommodation
- Taste delicious local cuisine at the poolside courtyard bistro
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, daily maid service and a balcony or patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars and night clubs.
Enjoy this all-suite resort's warm service and superb facilities on a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados, the gem of the Caribbean
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Great family resort with excellent kids club and educational marine programme
- Enjoy three onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
- NEW! Now Enjoy Complimentary Rounds of Golf including in your stay at Turtle Beach!
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...