Jamaica holidays ready to welcome more flights
During the 3rd International Civil Aviation Organisation conference held last Sunday in Montego Bay, the Jamaican Minister of Transport and Works expressed the island's keen interest inn signing new flight deals as the country was ready for more capacity
More capacity and flelxibility is to be given to Jamaica holidays as the Caribbean island foresees a future of increased flights servicing this popular holiday destination. Minister of Transport and Works, Mike Henry, recently confirmed that Jamaica was ready to sign new deals, which will bring more flights into the island.
Henry cited improvements carried out at the island's two international airports, noting that the current facilities can accommodate up to 10 million more travellers and thus increase the inflow of worldwide passengers flying to Jamaica holidays.
Speaking at a cultural reception for delegates attending the 3rd International Civil Aviation Organisation conference (ICAO), held on Sunday in Montego Bay, Mr Henry made a strong emphasis on how Jamaica holidays would benefit from an increase in flight operations, also noting that the island's airports were ready to receive an increased number of passengers.
Representatives from 43 member states of ICAO are currently attending the six-day conference, where Jamaica is expected to sign at least 7 new open skies agreements and open the door for another 20 or more contracts.
According to the Minister, the conference is important in boosting Jamaica's open skies policy and expand the aeronautical industry, by inviting more countries to fly into Jamaica and introduce the market for Jamaica holidays to its citizens.
The neew arrangements to be concluded soon, he said, will positively impact on the running of the island's airports, lead to better business opportunities, lower the cost of travel, and boost job creation and the visitor market. He said that the intention is to make Jamaica a hub for the travelling world, offering greater flexibility and connections between Jamaica holidays and the rest of the world.
Henry encouraged the delegates, even as they conclude the formal arrangements, to take time out to enjoy the offerings of the country.
The ICAO is the United Nations agency with responsibility for international civil aviation. To facilitate the ease and convenience of member states negotiating air service agreements, the agency devised the ICAN Conference, so that delegates could meet annually, at one venue, to negotiate deals.
More than 150 delegates are participating in the conference, which ends on July 2. During the six days, Jamaica expects to negotiate agreements with countries from Africa, Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...