St Lucia holidays ranked in Top 10 for Romance & Relaxation
Being the proud receiver of yet another important recognition in the eyes of travellers, St Lucia was recently ranked in TripAdvisors' list of Top 10 destinations for 'Relaxation and Romance' whilst also ranking in the Top 25 destinations in the Caribbean
Strenghtening its reputation as one of the most breathtakingly unique Caribbean holiday destinations, St Lucia holidays have been recently recognised as one of the world's best, as rated by one of the world's top sources for travel tips and advice, who has placed the tiny Caribbean island in its list of 10 best destinations.
The TripAdvisor's "2010 Travelers' Choice Best Destination Awards" ranked St Lucia holidays among the Top 10 holiday destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico region for two categories in which this particular Caribbean destination excelled: Relaxation and Spa and Romance.
"We are delighted to be recognised by travellers as tops in the Caribbean," - were the words from Saint Lucia's Director of Tourism Louis Lewis, who believes this latest award serves adds to an accomplished list of accolades earned by St Lucia holidays and its hotel partners this year.
Lewis disclosed that the Saint Lucia Tourist Board had placed strong emphasis on promoting St Lucia holidays as an ideal destination for both relaxation and romance over the past few years. "We are comforted that more and more visitors are responding with feeling to our romance messaging and feeling the relaxing effect of the massaging they receive once they visit our shores."
In addition to the two popular travel categories in which the island topped the Top 10 destinations chart, St Lucia holidays also ranked amongst the Top 25 destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico for 2010. Trip Advisor's 2010 Traveler's Choice Awards also gave top-ranking to a number of Saint Lucia's inns, villas and resorts.
TripAdvisor, an operating company of Expedia, Inc. and one of the world's largest travel websites, assists travellers with real information, advice, and opinions from millions of travelers. TripAdvisor.Com is a place for insights and tips, that is alive with experiences and opinions. A friendly and relaxed community filled with honest conversations between travellers who interact to share their opinions of the holiday destinations they've been to, TripAdvisor is ultimately a place that feels like a local neighborhood coffee shop or café.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...