Havana's remodelled Copacabana hotel re-opens for the delight of future guests on Cuba Holidays
After three years of renovations, the Copacabana Hotel in Havana has opened up 70 rooms which were previously closed for remodelling, ready for travellers looking to book luxury accommodation for their Cuba holidays.
The Copacabana Hotel in Havana has opened up 70 rooms which had been closed for three years for remodelling purposes, providing comfortable accommodation for guests enjoying Cuba holidays.
The hotel is operated by Cubanacan Group and partially opened in 2009 with the remodelling of 44 rooms and the fitting of new beds, TVs, air conditioning, mini-bars, curtains and safety boxes.
Additional completed renovations so far include the remodelling of the Tucan buffet restaurant, the D’Oporto Pizzeria, the gym, the swimming pool, the tennis courts, the Lobby bar, the snack bar and the terrace.
The refurbishment of the hotel is expected to continue for the next ten months or so and the property will open up the rest of the rooms and facilities to travellers on Cuba holidays by summer 2011 with a total of 168 rooms.
The Copacabana Hotel offers guests on Cuba holidays a fantastic central location amongst many other Cuba hotels just 100m from La Copa Commercial Center and the National Aquarium. The location enables it to be one of the best hotels in Cuba for travellers to use as a base to explore the island’s vibrant capital city.
The property offers 24-hour internet access with a Cybercafé, car rental, a tourism information office, wedding facilities, business facilities, medical services, a craft shop, and an International Diving Centre which has been sponsored by the Cuban Marlin Marinas which offers guests on Cuba holidays a number of courses with internationally validated certificates.
The three-star hotel first joined a popular district for Havana hotels in 1955 with 88 rooms for guests. A wide reconstruction program took place increasing its capacity and the hotel was reopened in 1992.
According to the Sales Deputy Director, Vivian Vera, the majority of the hotels guests who enjoy Cuba holidays are from Spain, Mexico and Italy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...