Havana's remodelled Copacabana hotel re-opens for the delight of future guests on Cuba Holidays
After three years of renovations, the Copacabana Hotel in Havana has opened up 70 rooms which were previously closed for remodelling, ready for travellers looking to book luxury accommodation for their Cuba holidays.
The Copacabana Hotel in Havana has opened up 70 rooms which had been closed for three years for remodelling purposes, providing comfortable accommodation for guests enjoying Cuba holidays.
The hotel is operated by Cubanacan Group and partially opened in 2009 with the remodelling of 44 rooms and the fitting of new beds, TVs, air conditioning, mini-bars, curtains and safety boxes.
Additional completed renovations so far include the remodelling of the Tucan buffet restaurant, the D’Oporto Pizzeria, the gym, the swimming pool, the tennis courts, the Lobby bar, the snack bar and the terrace.
The refurbishment of the hotel is expected to continue for the next ten months or so and the property will open up the rest of the rooms and facilities to travellers on Cuba holidays by summer 2011 with a total of 168 rooms.
The Copacabana Hotel offers guests on Cuba holidays a fantastic central location amongst many other Cuba hotels just 100m from La Copa Commercial Center and the National Aquarium. The location enables it to be one of the best hotels in Cuba for travellers to use as a base to explore the island’s vibrant capital city.
The property offers 24-hour internet access with a Cybercafé, car rental, a tourism information office, wedding facilities, business facilities, medical services, a craft shop, and an International Diving Centre which has been sponsored by the Cuban Marlin Marinas which offers guests on Cuba holidays a number of courses with internationally validated certificates.
The three-star hotel first joined a popular district for Havana hotels in 1955 with 88 rooms for guests. A wide reconstruction program took place increasing its capacity and the hotel was reopened in 1992.
According to the Sales Deputy Director, Vivian Vera, the majority of the hotels guests who enjoy Cuba holidays are from Spain, Mexico and Italy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...