Havana's remodelled Copacabana hotel re-opens for the delight of future guests on Cuba Holidays
After three years of renovations, the Copacabana Hotel in Havana has opened up 70 rooms which were previously closed for remodelling, ready for travellers looking to book luxury accommodation for their Cuba holidays.
The Copacabana Hotel in Havana has opened up 70 rooms which had been closed for three years for remodelling purposes, providing comfortable accommodation for guests enjoying Cuba holidays.
The hotel is operated by Cubanacan Group and partially opened in 2009 with the remodelling of 44 rooms and the fitting of new beds, TVs, air conditioning, mini-bars, curtains and safety boxes.
Additional completed renovations so far include the remodelling of the Tucan buffet restaurant, the D’Oporto Pizzeria, the gym, the swimming pool, the tennis courts, the Lobby bar, the snack bar and the terrace.
The refurbishment of the hotel is expected to continue for the next ten months or so and the property will open up the rest of the rooms and facilities to travellers on Cuba holidays by summer 2011 with a total of 168 rooms.
The Copacabana Hotel offers guests on Cuba holidays a fantastic central location amongst many other Cuba hotels just 100m from La Copa Commercial Center and the National Aquarium. The location enables it to be one of the best hotels in Cuba for travellers to use as a base to explore the island’s vibrant capital city.
The property offers 24-hour internet access with a Cybercafé, car rental, a tourism information office, wedding facilities, business facilities, medical services, a craft shop, and an International Diving Centre which has been sponsored by the Cuban Marlin Marinas which offers guests on Cuba holidays a number of courses with internationally validated certificates.
The three-star hotel first joined a popular district for Havana hotels in 1955 with 88 rooms for guests. A wide reconstruction program took place increasing its capacity and the hotel was reopened in 1992.
According to the Sales Deputy Director, Vivian Vera, the majority of the hotels guests who enjoy Cuba holidays are from Spain, Mexico and Italy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...