Island exhibits the appeal of Cuba holidays during a presentation in Portugal
Cuba exhibited the attributes that make it an outstanding Caribbean holiday destination in Portugal. The many rich values of the country were showcased as they gave tips on how to sell Cuba holidays to an audience of travel agents.
Cuba holidays were recently showcased at a tourism event in Portugal. Under the attractive slogan of "Authentic Cuba," the island presented its new tourism promotion campaign in the Portugal's second-largest city much to the warm acclaim it received from attendees.
The bright image of Cuba holidays' so-called "smokeless industry" (and no we don't mean the cigar, that would be quite a contradiction! We actually mean the low levels of pollution in the island leading to an incredibly level of industrial fumes) was on exhibit Wednesday night at the Tiara Park Hotel before an audience of about 90 travel agents and officials of this city, whose historic district was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
During a presentation of the campaign's promotional video, Iyolexis Correa, director of the Cuba Tourism Bureau for Spain and Portugal, urged those present to sell Cuba holidays as something more than just sun and beach fun. Correa instead asked them to highlight many of the island’s many other cultural and historical attributes.
Correa's words were backed up by Havana's ambassador in Lisbon, Eduardo Gonzalez Lerner, who also placed a strong emphasis on the many other extraordinary aspects of Cuba holidays ranging from safety, to the charisma of the always cheerful and hospitable people, and the island’s fantastic and pristine eco-environment.
The Porto campaign launch was attended by many travel agencies currently selling or looking to sell Cuba holidays in the future. These included - Mundo VIP, Halcon Viajes, El Corte Ingles, Almeida Viajes, Abreu, Geostar, Top Atlantico, Grupo GEA, Best Travel, Viajes Iberia, Farmatour, Roquetour and Cosmos Viagens, to list but a few.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...