Island exhibits the appeal of Cuba holidays during a presentation in Portugal
Cuba exhibited the attributes that make it an outstanding Caribbean holiday destination in Portugal. The many rich values of the country were showcased as they gave tips on how to sell Cuba holidays to an audience of travel agents.
Cuba holidays were recently showcased at a tourism event in Portugal. Under the attractive slogan of "Authentic Cuba," the island presented its new tourism promotion campaign in the Portugal's second-largest city much to the warm acclaim it received from attendees.
The bright image of Cuba holidays' so-called "smokeless industry" (and no we don't mean the cigar, that would be quite a contradiction! We actually mean the low levels of pollution in the island leading to an incredibly level of industrial fumes) was on exhibit Wednesday night at the Tiara Park Hotel before an audience of about 90 travel agents and officials of this city, whose historic district was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
During a presentation of the campaign's promotional video, Iyolexis Correa, director of the Cuba Tourism Bureau for Spain and Portugal, urged those present to sell Cuba holidays as something more than just sun and beach fun. Correa instead asked them to highlight many of the island’s many other cultural and historical attributes.
Correa's words were backed up by Havana's ambassador in Lisbon, Eduardo Gonzalez Lerner, who also placed a strong emphasis on the many other extraordinary aspects of Cuba holidays ranging from safety, to the charisma of the always cheerful and hospitable people, and the island’s fantastic and pristine eco-environment.
The Porto campaign launch was attended by many travel agencies currently selling or looking to sell Cuba holidays in the future. These included - Mundo VIP, Halcon Viajes, El Corte Ingles, Almeida Viajes, Abreu, Geostar, Top Atlantico, Grupo GEA, Best Travel, Viajes Iberia, Farmatour, Roquetour and Cosmos Viagens, to list but a few.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...