Island exhibits the appeal of Cuba holidays during a presentation in Portugal
Cuba exhibited the attributes that make it an outstanding Caribbean holiday destination in Portugal. The many rich values of the country were showcased as they gave tips on how to sell Cuba holidays to an audience of travel agents.
Cuba holidays were recently showcased at a tourism event in Portugal. Under the attractive slogan of "Authentic Cuba," the island presented its new tourism promotion campaign in the Portugal's second-largest city much to the warm acclaim it received from attendees.
The bright image of Cuba holidays' so-called "smokeless industry" (and no we don't mean the cigar, that would be quite a contradiction! We actually mean the low levels of pollution in the island leading to an incredibly level of industrial fumes) was on exhibit Wednesday night at the Tiara Park Hotel before an audience of about 90 travel agents and officials of this city, whose historic district was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
During a presentation of the campaign's promotional video, Iyolexis Correa, director of the Cuba Tourism Bureau for Spain and Portugal, urged those present to sell Cuba holidays as something more than just sun and beach fun. Correa instead asked them to highlight many of the island’s many other cultural and historical attributes.
Correa's words were backed up by Havana's ambassador in Lisbon, Eduardo Gonzalez Lerner, who also placed a strong emphasis on the many other extraordinary aspects of Cuba holidays ranging from safety, to the charisma of the always cheerful and hospitable people, and the island’s fantastic and pristine eco-environment.
The Porto campaign launch was attended by many travel agencies currently selling or looking to sell Cuba holidays in the future. These included - Mundo VIP, Halcon Viajes, El Corte Ingles, Almeida Viajes, Abreu, Geostar, Top Atlantico, Grupo GEA, Best Travel, Viajes Iberia, Farmatour, Roquetour and Cosmos Viagens, to list but a few.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...