Island exhibits the appeal of Cuba holidays during a presentation in Portugal
Cuba exhibited the attributes that make it an outstanding Caribbean holiday destination in Portugal. The many rich values of the country were showcased as they gave tips on how to sell Cuba holidays to an audience of travel agents.
Cuba holidays were recently showcased at a tourism event in Portugal. Under the attractive slogan of "Authentic Cuba," the island presented its new tourism promotion campaign in the Portugal's second-largest city much to the warm acclaim it received from attendees.
The bright image of Cuba holidays' so-called "smokeless industry" (and no we don't mean the cigar, that would be quite a contradiction! We actually mean the low levels of pollution in the island leading to an incredibly level of industrial fumes) was on exhibit Wednesday night at the Tiara Park Hotel before an audience of about 90 travel agents and officials of this city, whose historic district was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
During a presentation of the campaign's promotional video, Iyolexis Correa, director of the Cuba Tourism Bureau for Spain and Portugal, urged those present to sell Cuba holidays as something more than just sun and beach fun. Correa instead asked them to highlight many of the island’s many other cultural and historical attributes.
Correa's words were backed up by Havana's ambassador in Lisbon, Eduardo Gonzalez Lerner, who also placed a strong emphasis on the many other extraordinary aspects of Cuba holidays ranging from safety, to the charisma of the always cheerful and hospitable people, and the island’s fantastic and pristine eco-environment.
The Porto campaign launch was attended by many travel agencies currently selling or looking to sell Cuba holidays in the future. These included - Mundo VIP, Halcon Viajes, El Corte Ingles, Almeida Viajes, Abreu, Geostar, Top Atlantico, Grupo GEA, Best Travel, Viajes Iberia, Farmatour, Roquetour and Cosmos Viagens, to list but a few.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...