Island exhibits the appeal of Cuba holidays during a presentation in Portugal
Cuba exhibited the attributes that make it an outstanding Caribbean holiday destination in Portugal. The many rich values of the country were showcased as they gave tips on how to sell Cuba holidays to an audience of travel agents.
Cuba holidays were recently showcased at a tourism event in Portugal. Under the attractive slogan of "Authentic Cuba," the island presented its new tourism promotion campaign in the Portugal's second-largest city much to the warm acclaim it received from attendees.
The bright image of Cuba holidays' so-called "smokeless industry" (and no we don't mean the cigar, that would be quite a contradiction! We actually mean the low levels of pollution in the island leading to an incredibly level of industrial fumes) was on exhibit Wednesday night at the Tiara Park Hotel before an audience of about 90 travel agents and officials of this city, whose historic district was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
During a presentation of the campaign's promotional video, Iyolexis Correa, director of the Cuba Tourism Bureau for Spain and Portugal, urged those present to sell Cuba holidays as something more than just sun and beach fun. Correa instead asked them to highlight many of the island’s many other cultural and historical attributes.
Correa's words were backed up by Havana's ambassador in Lisbon, Eduardo Gonzalez Lerner, who also placed a strong emphasis on the many other extraordinary aspects of Cuba holidays ranging from safety, to the charisma of the always cheerful and hospitable people, and the island’s fantastic and pristine eco-environment.
The Porto campaign launch was attended by many travel agencies currently selling or looking to sell Cuba holidays in the future. These included - Mundo VIP, Halcon Viajes, El Corte Ingles, Almeida Viajes, Abreu, Geostar, Top Atlantico, Grupo GEA, Best Travel, Viajes Iberia, Farmatour, Roquetour and Cosmos Viagens, to list but a few.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...