United Airlines Launches Debut Flight for Africa Holidays
American travellers will soon be able to enjoy Africa holidays onboard United Airlines flights for the first time as the airline launched its debut service to the continent on Sunday 20th June which departed from Washington and arrived in Accra, Ghana.
United Airlines will be providing travellers with Africa holidays after the airline launched its debut flight to the African continent last weekend.
The first flight to Africa departed Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday 20th June at 10.10pm and arrived at Kotoka International Airport in Ghana’s capital city, Akkra, the next day at 12.40pm.
The new service will give US travellers the chance to enjoy holidays to Africa with carefully times connections at Washington Dulles International Airport, United Airlines main transatlantic gateway, to over 70 cities in North America.
The airline’s first flight was boarded by American Idol finalist, Elliott Yamin, and the Ghanaian ambassador to the United States, The Honourable Daniel Ohene Agyekum.
Senior Vice President of World Sales and Marketing for United Airlines, Jeff Foland, said: “With the addition of service to Accra, United now offers customers nonstop service to points on six continents.
“We’re proud to connect our customers to this vibrant and emerging capital, and look forward to making this new route a tremendous success.”
United Airlines are also joining forces with Malaria No More and ExxonMobil to help distribute over a thousand nets to rural families across Ghana.
President of the United Airline Foundation, Sonya Jackson, said: “Along with the economic value our new service provides to Ghana, we have responsibility and commitment to do our part to address a critical need in the region.”
The new flights not only provide a new route for travellers taking holidays in Africa but they also mark the airline’s reach of their sixth continent.
Ghana is becoming a popular tourist destination with visitors from all over the world enjoying Africa holidays. The stunning country located in West Africa is s rich in culture, full of historical heritage, and comprises stunning beaches, nature parks, castle, cascading waterfalls and wildlife sanctuaries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...