United Airlines Launches Debut Flight for Africa Holidays
American travellers will soon be able to enjoy Africa holidays onboard United Airlines flights for the first time as the airline launched its debut service to the continent on Sunday 20th June which departed from Washington and arrived in Accra, Ghana.
United Airlines will be providing travellers with Africa holidays after the airline launched its debut flight to the African continent last weekend.
The first flight to Africa departed Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday 20th June at 10.10pm and arrived at Kotoka International Airport in Ghana’s capital city, Akkra, the next day at 12.40pm.
The new service will give US travellers the chance to enjoy holidays to Africa with carefully times connections at Washington Dulles International Airport, United Airlines main transatlantic gateway, to over 70 cities in North America.
The airline’s first flight was boarded by American Idol finalist, Elliott Yamin, and the Ghanaian ambassador to the United States, The Honourable Daniel Ohene Agyekum.
Senior Vice President of World Sales and Marketing for United Airlines, Jeff Foland, said: “With the addition of service to Accra, United now offers customers nonstop service to points on six continents.
“We’re proud to connect our customers to this vibrant and emerging capital, and look forward to making this new route a tremendous success.”
United Airlines are also joining forces with Malaria No More and ExxonMobil to help distribute over a thousand nets to rural families across Ghana.
President of the United Airline Foundation, Sonya Jackson, said: “Along with the economic value our new service provides to Ghana, we have responsibility and commitment to do our part to address a critical need in the region.”
The new flights not only provide a new route for travellers taking holidays in Africa but they also mark the airline’s reach of their sixth continent.
Ghana is becoming a popular tourist destination with visitors from all over the world enjoying Africa holidays. The stunning country located in West Africa is s rich in culture, full of historical heritage, and comprises stunning beaches, nature parks, castle, cascading waterfalls and wildlife sanctuaries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Impressive architecture, lush gardens and fabulous all-inclusive luxury facilities for everyone in the family. The perfect blend of culture and recreation by the beach.
- Enjoy fabulous Moroccan cuisine combined with traditional music and a romantic atmosphere
- Elegant and modern accommodation with spectacular sea views
- Relax and benefit from the wonderful sandy beach of Agadir
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...