United Airlines Launches Debut Flight for Africa Holidays
American travellers will soon be able to enjoy Africa holidays onboard United Airlines flights for the first time as the airline launched its debut service to the continent on Sunday 20th June which departed from Washington and arrived in Accra, Ghana.
United Airlines will be providing travellers with Africa holidays after the airline launched its debut flight to the African continent last weekend.
The first flight to Africa departed Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday 20th June at 10.10pm and arrived at Kotoka International Airport in Ghana’s capital city, Akkra, the next day at 12.40pm.
The new service will give US travellers the chance to enjoy holidays to Africa with carefully times connections at Washington Dulles International Airport, United Airlines main transatlantic gateway, to over 70 cities in North America.
The airline’s first flight was boarded by American Idol finalist, Elliott Yamin, and the Ghanaian ambassador to the United States, The Honourable Daniel Ohene Agyekum.
Senior Vice President of World Sales and Marketing for United Airlines, Jeff Foland, said: “With the addition of service to Accra, United now offers customers nonstop service to points on six continents.
“We’re proud to connect our customers to this vibrant and emerging capital, and look forward to making this new route a tremendous success.”
United Airlines are also joining forces with Malaria No More and ExxonMobil to help distribute over a thousand nets to rural families across Ghana.
President of the United Airline Foundation, Sonya Jackson, said: “Along with the economic value our new service provides to Ghana, we have responsibility and commitment to do our part to address a critical need in the region.”
The new flights not only provide a new route for travellers taking holidays in Africa but they also mark the airline’s reach of their sixth continent.
Ghana is becoming a popular tourist destination with visitors from all over the world enjoying Africa holidays. The stunning country located in West Africa is s rich in culture, full of historical heritage, and comprises stunning beaches, nature parks, castle, cascading waterfalls and wildlife sanctuaries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...