United Airlines Launches Debut Flight for Africa Holidays
American travellers will soon be able to enjoy Africa holidays onboard United Airlines flights for the first time as the airline launched its debut service to the continent on Sunday 20th June which departed from Washington and arrived in Accra, Ghana.
United Airlines will be providing travellers with Africa holidays after the airline launched its debut flight to the African continent last weekend.
The first flight to Africa departed Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday 20th June at 10.10pm and arrived at Kotoka International Airport in Ghana’s capital city, Akkra, the next day at 12.40pm.
The new service will give US travellers the chance to enjoy holidays to Africa with carefully times connections at Washington Dulles International Airport, United Airlines main transatlantic gateway, to over 70 cities in North America.
The airline’s first flight was boarded by American Idol finalist, Elliott Yamin, and the Ghanaian ambassador to the United States, The Honourable Daniel Ohene Agyekum.
Senior Vice President of World Sales and Marketing for United Airlines, Jeff Foland, said: “With the addition of service to Accra, United now offers customers nonstop service to points on six continents.
“We’re proud to connect our customers to this vibrant and emerging capital, and look forward to making this new route a tremendous success.”
United Airlines are also joining forces with Malaria No More and ExxonMobil to help distribute over a thousand nets to rural families across Ghana.
President of the United Airline Foundation, Sonya Jackson, said: “Along with the economic value our new service provides to Ghana, we have responsibility and commitment to do our part to address a critical need in the region.”
The new flights not only provide a new route for travellers taking holidays in Africa but they also mark the airline’s reach of their sixth continent.
Ghana is becoming a popular tourist destination with visitors from all over the world enjoying Africa holidays. The stunning country located in West Africa is s rich in culture, full of historical heritage, and comprises stunning beaches, nature parks, castle, cascading waterfalls and wildlife sanctuaries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Relaxing by the pool with a glass of a cocktail while enjoying spectacular views of the Red Sea
- Get the most of the 24-Hour all-inclusive service
- Enjoy the private beach and on-site dive centre with opportunities for scuba diving at the house coral reef
- Great hotel for families with plenty of activities to keep the kids and adults busy throughout
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Enjoy the best of Egypt's coastal riches as you make the resort town of Sharm El Sheikh your home away from home. And...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Beautifully crafted to reflect modern Andalusian style, a Spanish region that was for long conquered by the Moroccan...