United Airlines Launches Debut Flight for Africa Holidays
American travellers will soon be able to enjoy Africa holidays onboard United Airlines flights for the first time as the airline launched its debut service to the continent on Sunday 20th June which departed from Washington and arrived in Accra, Ghana.
United Airlines will be providing travellers with Africa holidays after the airline launched its debut flight to the African continent last weekend.
The first flight to Africa departed Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday 20th June at 10.10pm and arrived at Kotoka International Airport in Ghana’s capital city, Akkra, the next day at 12.40pm.
The new service will give US travellers the chance to enjoy holidays to Africa with carefully times connections at Washington Dulles International Airport, United Airlines main transatlantic gateway, to over 70 cities in North America.
The airline’s first flight was boarded by American Idol finalist, Elliott Yamin, and the Ghanaian ambassador to the United States, The Honourable Daniel Ohene Agyekum.
Senior Vice President of World Sales and Marketing for United Airlines, Jeff Foland, said: “With the addition of service to Accra, United now offers customers nonstop service to points on six continents.
“We’re proud to connect our customers to this vibrant and emerging capital, and look forward to making this new route a tremendous success.”
United Airlines are also joining forces with Malaria No More and ExxonMobil to help distribute over a thousand nets to rural families across Ghana.
President of the United Airline Foundation, Sonya Jackson, said: “Along with the economic value our new service provides to Ghana, we have responsibility and commitment to do our part to address a critical need in the region.”
The new flights not only provide a new route for travellers taking holidays in Africa but they also mark the airline’s reach of their sixth continent.
Ghana is becoming a popular tourist destination with visitors from all over the world enjoying Africa holidays. The stunning country located in West Africa is s rich in culture, full of historical heritage, and comprises stunning beaches, nature parks, castle, cascading waterfalls and wildlife sanctuaries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Be amazed by this once in a lifetime nature experience at the Isimangaliso Wetland Park
- Take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience, giving you memories that you'll cherish forever!
- Experience the magestic views and stunning wildlife up close
- Benefit from the local expert knowledge, giving you the best posible experience of the local wildlife
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...