Companies and Organisations Providing Africa Holidays Prepare for World Travel Awards
Leading specialists in Africa holidays, airlines, tour operators and travel companies will be battling it out next month as the World Travel Awards take place in South Africa on Wednesday 7th July.
The World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Ceremony will be taking place at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg in South Africa next month where leading Africa accommodation providers, airlines, and specialists in Africa holidays will be battling it out for prestigious titles and recognition.
Described as the “Oscars” of the global travel and tourism sectors, the World Travel Awards have been running for 17 years and help improve the quality, service and value of a number travel providers, destinations, accommodation, and travel services across the world.
The ceremony will be taking place on Wednesday 7th July and is expected to be a spectacular event attended by major travel company CEOs, tourist board and association officials and Government Ministers.
Nomination for the various awards include Africa hotels and companies specialising in holidays in Africa including Kruger Park, South African Airways, Victoria Falls, Sonesta Nile Cruises, African Pride Hotels, Camps Bay Retreat, Sharm el Sheikh, Singita Game Reserves, Marrakech Tourism, and Pen Travel South Africa.
The biggest battle for the awards looks set to be between hotels in Africa as hundreds of companies fight for the prestigious title awarded to accommodation in Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Nominees for the title of Africa’s Leading Beach Hotel include Diaz Strand Hotel & Resort, South Africa; Peponi Hotel Lamu Island, Kenya; The Z Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania; Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna Hurghada, Egypt; Lagoon Beach Hotel, South Africa and many more.
Companies and organisations specialising in Africa holidays are among the 5,000 nominations across 1,000 different categories where airlines, resorts, hotels, cruise companies and destinations from 162 countries will battle it out for the winning titles.
The awards ceremony will see performances from African hip-hop dance group, The Clinch Crew, and appearances from Miss World Contestants in an entertaining event.
The winners of the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean will go through to the final stage, the World Travel Awards, which are scheduled to be held later this year on Sunday 7th November.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
In close proximity to the business district and right in the midst of all the action in Tunis, El Hana International is...