Companies and Organisations Providing Africa Holidays Prepare for World Travel Awards
Leading specialists in Africa holidays, airlines, tour operators and travel companies will be battling it out next month as the World Travel Awards take place in South Africa on Wednesday 7th July.
The World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Ceremony will be taking place at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg in South Africa next month where leading Africa accommodation providers, airlines, and specialists in Africa holidays will be battling it out for prestigious titles and recognition.
Described as the “Oscars” of the global travel and tourism sectors, the World Travel Awards have been running for 17 years and help improve the quality, service and value of a number travel providers, destinations, accommodation, and travel services across the world.
The ceremony will be taking place on Wednesday 7th July and is expected to be a spectacular event attended by major travel company CEOs, tourist board and association officials and Government Ministers.
Nomination for the various awards include Africa hotels and companies specialising in holidays in Africa including Kruger Park, South African Airways, Victoria Falls, Sonesta Nile Cruises, African Pride Hotels, Camps Bay Retreat, Sharm el Sheikh, Singita Game Reserves, Marrakech Tourism, and Pen Travel South Africa.
The biggest battle for the awards looks set to be between hotels in Africa as hundreds of companies fight for the prestigious title awarded to accommodation in Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Nominees for the title of Africa’s Leading Beach Hotel include Diaz Strand Hotel & Resort, South Africa; Peponi Hotel Lamu Island, Kenya; The Z Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania; Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna Hurghada, Egypt; Lagoon Beach Hotel, South Africa and many more.
Companies and organisations specialising in Africa holidays are among the 5,000 nominations across 1,000 different categories where airlines, resorts, hotels, cruise companies and destinations from 162 countries will battle it out for the winning titles.
The awards ceremony will see performances from African hip-hop dance group, The Clinch Crew, and appearances from Miss World Contestants in an entertaining event.
The winners of the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean will go through to the final stage, the World Travel Awards, which are scheduled to be held later this year on Sunday 7th November.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Be amazed by this once in a lifetime nature experience at the Isimangaliso Wetland Park
- Take advantage of this once in a lifetime experience, giving you memories that you'll cherish forever!
- Experience the magestic views and stunning wildlife up close
- Benefit from the local expert knowledge, giving you the best posible experience of the local wildlife
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...