Companies and Organisations Providing Africa Holidays Prepare for World Travel Awards
Leading specialists in Africa holidays, airlines, tour operators and travel companies will be battling it out next month as the World Travel Awards take place in South Africa on Wednesday 7th July.
The World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean Ceremony will be taking place at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg in South Africa next month where leading Africa accommodation providers, airlines, and specialists in Africa holidays will be battling it out for prestigious titles and recognition.
Described as the “Oscars” of the global travel and tourism sectors, the World Travel Awards have been running for 17 years and help improve the quality, service and value of a number travel providers, destinations, accommodation, and travel services across the world.
The ceremony will be taking place on Wednesday 7th July and is expected to be a spectacular event attended by major travel company CEOs, tourist board and association officials and Government Ministers.
Nomination for the various awards include Africa hotels and companies specialising in holidays in Africa including Kruger Park, South African Airways, Victoria Falls, Sonesta Nile Cruises, African Pride Hotels, Camps Bay Retreat, Sharm el Sheikh, Singita Game Reserves, Marrakech Tourism, and Pen Travel South Africa.
The biggest battle for the awards looks set to be between hotels in Africa as hundreds of companies fight for the prestigious title awarded to accommodation in Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Nominees for the title of Africa’s Leading Beach Hotel include Diaz Strand Hotel & Resort, South Africa; Peponi Hotel Lamu Island, Kenya; The Z Hotel Zanzibar, Tanzania; Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna Hurghada, Egypt; Lagoon Beach Hotel, South Africa and many more.
Companies and organisations specialising in Africa holidays are among the 5,000 nominations across 1,000 different categories where airlines, resorts, hotels, cruise companies and destinations from 162 countries will battle it out for the winning titles.
The awards ceremony will see performances from African hip-hop dance group, The Clinch Crew, and appearances from Miss World Contestants in an entertaining event.
The winners of the World Travel Awards Africa and Indian Ocean will go through to the final stage, the World Travel Awards, which are scheduled to be held later this year on Sunday 7th November.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Enjoy the best of Egypt's coastal riches as you make the resort town of Sharm El Sheikh your home away from home. And...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Beautifully crafted to reflect modern Andalusian style, a Spanish region that was for long conquered by the Moroccan...