More Flight Choices for Canadian Travellers Taking Barbados Holidays This Summer
Canadian travellers will have more travel options for their Barbados holidays this summer as WestJet and Air Canada expand their summer services flying out of Toronto and Montreal airports running from June through to November 2010.
Air Canada and WestJet will be offering additional summer flights this summer for travellers looking to take holidays to Barbados departing from Toronto and Montréal airports.
Neville Boxill, an aviation consultant for the Barbados Tourism Authority has confirmed that the additional Air Canada flights will be operating from Montréal International Airport from June to November 2010 and the services will then return to the Winter 2010 schedule.
The Barbados Tourism Authority is hoping to pursue a partnership with Air Canada so that travellers will have all year round flight options for their Barbados holidays. Air Canada’s usual daily flights to Barbados will continue from Toronto during the summer season and the usual nine flights per week available during the winter months are expected to continue from November.
Additional flights from WestJet will also be available for tourists booking Caribbean holidays this summer with services scheduled on a five days a week rotation and the airline effectively providing an all year round service to the Caribbean.
The additional flights are adding more competition for the airlines which is lowering the price of airfares, and as a result the stimulated travel market is generating positive growth for both Air Canada and WestJet.
The number of tourists enjoying holidays in Barbados by the end of April 2010 had increased by 10.6 percent in comparison to the same period last year.
Air Canada and WestJet are both major network carriers in Canada and provide passengers with more flight options for their Barbados holidays from main cities across the North American country.
At the 2010 Skytrax World Airline Awards in Hamburg, Germany in May this year, Air Canada received the prestigious award for the “Best Airline North America” which will reassure customers of the high level of standards and service provided on their flights to their tropical Barbados holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Sugar Bay is perfect for travelling solo, enjoying a romantic getaway or special family escape
- Premium All Inclusive hotel with a selection of dining options including a Steakhouse
- Enjoy a Hot Summer now on with savings of upto 40% plus $20 Spa Credit per person
- Ideally located only 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the capital, Bridgetown
- Enjoy a wide selection of activities including beach volleyball, wind surfing, jet skis, sailing and more
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Save up to 50% off with the May FLASH SALE
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...