Getting in the musical mood on Cuba holidays with The Festival of Fire
Adding some musical summer fun to Cuba holidays, Santiago's Festival of Fire will kick up in early July to bring a week-long of all-dancing, all-singing events during carnival parades. Participating countries include Brasil and Curacao.
If you thought carnivals were a thing of the winter months to be enjoyed during Caribbean holidays on December and January only, then think again! Enthusiastic, all-dancing, musically-driven travellers can catch great carnivalistic fun this summer season during Cuba holidays as the Festival of Fire takes place in early July.
The 30th Festival of Fire will be held from July 3 to 9 in the eastern Cuban city of Santiago de Cuba.
The director of the Casa del Caribe (the event’s organizing institution), Orlando Vergés, told the press that this year’s festival includes the participation of delegations from 18 countries.
The 30 Fiesta del Fuego is dedicated to Curacao and the Brazilian region of Pernambuco. It will also pay tribute to the bicentennial of Mexico’s independence and the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution.
The festival is dedicated to strengthening ties between peoples and nations in the region and highlighting common cultural elements.
The largest delegations come from Pernambuco (Brasil) and Curacao. The festival offers more than 40 public stages and 30 gala concerts.
There are also workshops and spaces for debate, presentations and art exhibitions and presentations set up around the city.
The opening gala will take place on July 3 at the Heredia Theater; other much anticipated events are the Serpent Parade (July 5) and the closing with the Burning of the Devil (July 9).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...