Getting in the musical mood on Cuba holidays with The Festival of Fire
Adding some musical summer fun to Cuba holidays, Santiago's Festival of Fire will kick up in early July to bring a week-long of all-dancing, all-singing events during carnival parades. Participating countries include Brasil and Curacao.
If you thought carnivals were a thing of the winter months to be enjoyed during Caribbean holidays on December and January only, then think again! Enthusiastic, all-dancing, musically-driven travellers can catch great carnivalistic fun this summer season during Cuba holidays as the Festival of Fire takes place in early July.
The 30th Festival of Fire will be held from July 3 to 9 in the eastern Cuban city of Santiago de Cuba.
The director of the Casa del Caribe (the event’s organizing institution), Orlando Vergés, told the press that this year’s festival includes the participation of delegations from 18 countries.
The 30 Fiesta del Fuego is dedicated to Curacao and the Brazilian region of Pernambuco. It will also pay tribute to the bicentennial of Mexico’s independence and the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution.
The festival is dedicated to strengthening ties between peoples and nations in the region and highlighting common cultural elements.
The largest delegations come from Pernambuco (Brasil) and Curacao. The festival offers more than 40 public stages and 30 gala concerts.
There are also workshops and spaces for debate, presentations and art exhibitions and presentations set up around the city.
The opening gala will take place on July 3 at the Heredia Theater; other much anticipated events are the Serpent Parade (July 5) and the closing with the Burning of the Devil (July 9).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...