Getting in the musical mood on Cuba holidays with The Festival of Fire
Adding some musical summer fun to Cuba holidays, Santiago's Festival of Fire will kick up in early July to bring a week-long of all-dancing, all-singing events during carnival parades. Participating countries include Brasil and Curacao.
If you thought carnivals were a thing of the winter months to be enjoyed during Caribbean holidays on December and January only, then think again! Enthusiastic, all-dancing, musically-driven travellers can catch great carnivalistic fun this summer season during Cuba holidays as the Festival of Fire takes place in early July.
The 30th Festival of Fire will be held from July 3 to 9 in the eastern Cuban city of Santiago de Cuba.
The director of the Casa del Caribe (the event’s organizing institution), Orlando Vergés, told the press that this year’s festival includes the participation of delegations from 18 countries.
The 30 Fiesta del Fuego is dedicated to Curacao and the Brazilian region of Pernambuco. It will also pay tribute to the bicentennial of Mexico’s independence and the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution.
The festival is dedicated to strengthening ties between peoples and nations in the region and highlighting common cultural elements.
The largest delegations come from Pernambuco (Brasil) and Curacao. The festival offers more than 40 public stages and 30 gala concerts.
There are also workshops and spaces for debate, presentations and art exhibitions and presentations set up around the city.
The opening gala will take place on July 3 at the Heredia Theater; other much anticipated events are the Serpent Parade (July 5) and the closing with the Burning of the Devil (July 9).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...