Getting in the musical mood on Cuba holidays with The Festival of Fire
Adding some musical summer fun to Cuba holidays, Santiago's Festival of Fire will kick up in early July to bring a week-long of all-dancing, all-singing events during carnival parades. Participating countries include Brasil and Curacao.
If you thought carnivals were a thing of the winter months to be enjoyed during Caribbean holidays on December and January only, then think again! Enthusiastic, all-dancing, musically-driven travellers can catch great carnivalistic fun this summer season during Cuba holidays as the Festival of Fire takes place in early July.
The 30th Festival of Fire will be held from July 3 to 9 in the eastern Cuban city of Santiago de Cuba.
The director of the Casa del Caribe (the event’s organizing institution), Orlando Vergés, told the press that this year’s festival includes the participation of delegations from 18 countries.
The 30 Fiesta del Fuego is dedicated to Curacao and the Brazilian region of Pernambuco. It will also pay tribute to the bicentennial of Mexico’s independence and the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution.
The festival is dedicated to strengthening ties between peoples and nations in the region and highlighting common cultural elements.
The largest delegations come from Pernambuco (Brasil) and Curacao. The festival offers more than 40 public stages and 30 gala concerts.
There are also workshops and spaces for debate, presentations and art exhibitions and presentations set up around the city.
The opening gala will take place on July 3 at the Heredia Theater; other much anticipated events are the Serpent Parade (July 5) and the closing with the Burning of the Devil (July 9).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...