Aeromexico announces more flights servicing Cancun-Cuba holidays
Catering to the increased demand for Cuba holidays amongst its Mexican travellers and worldwide travellers who have shown an increasing interest in the island, Mexican airline Aeromexico has announced a new route of 4 weekly flights to Havana.
Mexican airline Aeroméxico announced on Monday that it will open a new route of four flights a week to Cuba from July 5, with a stopover in Cancún.
A press release distributed by Aeroméxico, one of the two most important Mexican airlines along with Mexicana de Aviación, says that with this new destination it continues its international expansion and improving its flight network connectivity.
The program of flights to Cuba includes departure from the Federal District on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 09:30 (local time) to arrive in Havana at 14:35 (local time).
This new route joins a new flight to Bogota to promote tourist and business exchange, allowing passengers residents in Cancun to travel to Cuba, added the text.
So far, Aeroméxico just covered the Tijuana-Monterrey-Havana route, with special departures on Saturday and returns on Sunday, chartered by tourist agencies in Cuba.
Aeromexico has its main operation center in Terminal 2 of the Benito Juarez international airport in Mexico City, with more than 600 daily flights to different Mexican cities, the United Sates of America, Central and South America, as well as in Europe and Asia.
But this is not the only Mexican airline to be adding more connections to Cuba holidays, as three new charter flights are due to soon start operations between Guadalajara and Havana. This new flight frequency linking Mexico and Cuba holidays is part of the promotion campaign carried out by Mexico to take advantage of the Cuban tourism offers.
A press release said Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican western state of Jalisco, is gathering representatives of the most important travel agencies in Mexico, which are receiving updated information of the Cuban tourism proposals for this summer.
Aissa Gomez, an expert from a firm called SOLWAYS, said the flights will take place on July 17, 24, and 31, motivated by the increase of the number of visitors, independently from the regular direct links between Mexico and Cuba.
Solways, Viñales and Protours are joining their experiences to facilitate the visits to Havana, and from there, to Varadero Beach and Santa Maria Keys.
After Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara is the second Mexican territory reached by the representation of Autentica Cuba, a new Cuban publicity campaign to show the diversity of the Cuban tourism products and destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...