Aeromexico announces more flights servicing Cancun-Cuba holidays
Catering to the increased demand for Cuba holidays amongst its Mexican travellers and worldwide travellers who have shown an increasing interest in the island, Mexican airline Aeromexico has announced a new route of 4 weekly flights to Havana.
Mexican airline Aeroméxico announced on Monday that it will open a new route of four flights a week to Cuba from July 5, with a stopover in Cancún.
A press release distributed by Aeroméxico, one of the two most important Mexican airlines along with Mexicana de Aviación, says that with this new destination it continues its international expansion and improving its flight network connectivity.
The program of flights to Cuba includes departure from the Federal District on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 09:30 (local time) to arrive in Havana at 14:35 (local time).
This new route joins a new flight to Bogota to promote tourist and business exchange, allowing passengers residents in Cancun to travel to Cuba, added the text.
So far, Aeroméxico just covered the Tijuana-Monterrey-Havana route, with special departures on Saturday and returns on Sunday, chartered by tourist agencies in Cuba.
Aeromexico has its main operation center in Terminal 2 of the Benito Juarez international airport in Mexico City, with more than 600 daily flights to different Mexican cities, the United Sates of America, Central and South America, as well as in Europe and Asia.
But this is not the only Mexican airline to be adding more connections to Cuba holidays, as three new charter flights are due to soon start operations between Guadalajara and Havana. This new flight frequency linking Mexico and Cuba holidays is part of the promotion campaign carried out by Mexico to take advantage of the Cuban tourism offers.
A press release said Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican western state of Jalisco, is gathering representatives of the most important travel agencies in Mexico, which are receiving updated information of the Cuban tourism proposals for this summer.
Aissa Gomez, an expert from a firm called SOLWAYS, said the flights will take place on July 17, 24, and 31, motivated by the increase of the number of visitors, independently from the regular direct links between Mexico and Cuba.
Solways, Viñales and Protours are joining their experiences to facilitate the visits to Havana, and from there, to Varadero Beach and Santa Maria Keys.
After Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara is the second Mexican territory reached by the representation of Autentica Cuba, a new Cuban publicity campaign to show the diversity of the Cuban tourism products and destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...