More direct flights serving Jamaica holidays from the Bahamas
Building on the twin-centre holiday potentiality between these two popular Caribbean destinations, the Bahamian owned carrier, Western Air operated its inaugural direct flight from Jamaica's capital of Montego Bay to Nassau in the Bahamas.
Last Friday Bahamian-owned Western Air launched its inaugural direct flight from Sangster International Airport, in Jamaica's capital of Montego Bay, to the Linden Pindling International Airport in Nassau, Bahamas.
This launch comes on the heels of major successes with the airline's inaugural Kingston route as the airline expands its operations servicing a wider span of popular destinations for Caribbean holidays. Western Air, the largest privately owned airline in the Bahamas, responded to several calls by Jamaicans who are living in the country, due to the void left by Air Jamaica, which upon being taken over by Caribbean Airlines had earlier suspended that route, thus ending a schedule of regular flights that took many worldwide travellers to Jamaica holidays.
With an introductory rate of US$320 for a roundtrip, Western Air's new Jamaica flight departs from Nassau at 9:30 a.m. with a scheduled arrival in Montego Bay at 10:30 a.m. It then departs Montego Bay again at 11:30 a.m. and arrives to Nassau at 2:30 p.m.
Director of Operations for Western Air, Jennise Wedderburn, expressed appreciation to the Government of Jamaica for granting the airline the opportunity to provide flight service directly to Nassau, Bahamas from Jamaica and thus enabling a better connection between Bahamas holidays and Jamaica holidays.
"We are committed to providing safe, reliable and affordable air transport services and we thank you very much for the opportunity afforded us to do so," she said.
"As part of Western Air's expansion programme, we are presently constructing a US$4 million state-of-the-art terminal and maintenance facility at the Grand Bahama International Airport in Freeport, with a scheduled opening at the end of the Summer 2010. Upon completion of this complex, the facility will offer flight service from Freeport direct to Jamaica and will serve as the airline's northern hub facilitating the launch of the planned expansion into South Florida and the Northern Bahamas market," Wedderburn added.
She said that passengers travelling to the Bahamas will be able to connect to other parts of the country as Western Air offers daily services from Nassau to Freeport, Marsh Harbour, Congo Town and St Andros, among others.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...