More direct flights serving Jamaica holidays from the Bahamas
Building on the twin-centre holiday potentiality between these two popular Caribbean destinations, the Bahamian owned carrier, Western Air operated its inaugural direct flight from Jamaica's capital of Montego Bay to Nassau in the Bahamas.
Last Friday Bahamian-owned Western Air launched its inaugural direct flight from Sangster International Airport, in Jamaica's capital of Montego Bay, to the Linden Pindling International Airport in Nassau, Bahamas.
This launch comes on the heels of major successes with the airline's inaugural Kingston route as the airline expands its operations servicing a wider span of popular destinations for Caribbean holidays. Western Air, the largest privately owned airline in the Bahamas, responded to several calls by Jamaicans who are living in the country, due to the void left by Air Jamaica, which upon being taken over by Caribbean Airlines had earlier suspended that route, thus ending a schedule of regular flights that took many worldwide travellers to Jamaica holidays.
With an introductory rate of US$320 for a roundtrip, Western Air's new Jamaica flight departs from Nassau at 9:30 a.m. with a scheduled arrival in Montego Bay at 10:30 a.m. It then departs Montego Bay again at 11:30 a.m. and arrives to Nassau at 2:30 p.m.
Director of Operations for Western Air, Jennise Wedderburn, expressed appreciation to the Government of Jamaica for granting the airline the opportunity to provide flight service directly to Nassau, Bahamas from Jamaica and thus enabling a better connection between Bahamas holidays and Jamaica holidays.
"We are committed to providing safe, reliable and affordable air transport services and we thank you very much for the opportunity afforded us to do so," she said.
"As part of Western Air's expansion programme, we are presently constructing a US$4 million state-of-the-art terminal and maintenance facility at the Grand Bahama International Airport in Freeport, with a scheduled opening at the end of the Summer 2010. Upon completion of this complex, the facility will offer flight service from Freeport direct to Jamaica and will serve as the airline's northern hub facilitating the launch of the planned expansion into South Florida and the Northern Bahamas market," Wedderburn added.
She said that passengers travelling to the Bahamas will be able to connect to other parts of the country as Western Air offers daily services from Nassau to Freeport, Marsh Harbour, Congo Town and St Andros, among others.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Discounted rates available for 2018 available for a limited time!
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....