10 million USD for Marketing Campaign to Encourage Travellers to Book Jamaica Holidays
The Jamaican government has approved US$10 million to repair the damage inflicted on the country's image which was caused by the recent gun violence in an attempt to encourage travellers to once again enjoy Jamaica holidays.
After the recent gun-fire attacks in Kingston, the Jamaican government has approved US$10 million which will be used to try and repair the country’s image in a series of marketing campaigns to attract travellers to book holidays to Jamaica.
Last month the island’s capital saw gun violence hit the streets as supporters of the well known drugs lord, Christopher "Dudus" Coke, clashed with police when they found out that police were trying to extradite “Dudus” to the US where he would face a series of drugs and weapon trafficking charges.
Gun-fire was exchanged leaving dozens dead in Tivoli Gardens in Kingston and businesses were forced to close as many travellers on Jamaica holidays were too scared to travel to the island.
Many Jamaica resorts and Jamaica hotels all over the island have suffered as a result of the gun violence as travellers postpone their holidays in Jamaica and flights to the islands avoid landing after dark.
The multi-million dollar marketing make-over for the island is expected to help encourage travellers back to the region and reassure them that it is a safe place to travel to.
The campaign will be funded by the Tourism Enhancement Fund together with private industry stake-holders and is being led by the Tourism Minister, Ed Bartlett.
Travel and tourism representatives will be working hard to persuade travel agents, tour operators, airlines, travel writers and the media to highlight Jamaica holidays to travellers and help the island’s tourism economy rebuild after the tragic event. The Government will be targeting social networking sites including Twitter and Facebook to entice travellers from all over the world to visit the beautiful region.
The gun fire attacks occurred just as the Caribbean island was celebrating record number visitor numbers as 500,000 travellers enjoyed Jamaica holidays during the first three months of 2010, nearly ten percent up on the same period in 2009.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...