A U.S. citizen says Cubans are open to the idea of Americans taking Cuba holidays in the near future
One passionate traveller eager to let Americans know what they're missing from not being able to take Cuba holidays has praised the island and on his recent trip revealed his discovery that "actually Cubans are extremely friendly to Americans"
An American holidaymaker who recently enjoyed Cuba holidays expressed his joy at discovering how Cubans were "actually extremely friendly to Americans" contrary to what many American citizens may believe due to the political hostility between the two countries. But that's the big difference here, Obama and the Castro brothers aside, citizens from both countries are likely to embrace an improved relations situation with more exchange between the two nations, something that would be possible once the Cuba travel ban is lifted and Americans are able to freely book holidays to Cuba.
A fan of Latin American culture who has spent the last 18 years studying life on the Caribbean island as reported by the Cape Cod Times, Peter Swanson is one passionate traveller eager to get the message across to American citizens that Cuba holidays are excitingly unique and that best of all the level of hospitality is unsurpassable, even when it comes to welcoming old foes from the U.S. The truth is that while U.S.-Cuba governmental relations face many political barriers, these political barriers are almost non-existant for the average Cuban citizen.
Swanson said that going taking holidays in Cuba is not a luxury afforded to every US citizen, but one in particular has become "immersed" in the culture, despite restrictions on Cuba travel.
"Coming from a military family and enjoying sailing, Mr. Swanson loves the seclusion that Cuba offers, adding he might travel around the area for days without coming across another boat" the publication added.
The paper said visitors who are fans of the revolutionary Che Guevara might want to attend some of the sites made famous throughout his life. Tourism chiefs are planning a route through South America and Cuba that follows the life of the icon, the daily reports. Cape Cod Times is published by the Cape Cod Media Group, a Dow Jones Local Media Group.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
The ultimate beach holiday experience awaits you at Los Cactus, a Caribbean paradise for golf-lovers and scuba...