A U.S. citizen says Cubans are open to the idea of Americans taking Cuba holidays in the near future
One passionate traveller eager to let Americans know what they're missing from not being able to take Cuba holidays has praised the island and on his recent trip revealed his discovery that "actually Cubans are extremely friendly to Americans"
An American holidaymaker who recently enjoyed Cuba holidays expressed his joy at discovering how Cubans were "actually extremely friendly to Americans" contrary to what many American citizens may believe due to the political hostility between the two countries. But that's the big difference here, Obama and the Castro brothers aside, citizens from both countries are likely to embrace an improved relations situation with more exchange between the two nations, something that would be possible once the Cuba travel ban is lifted and Americans are able to freely book holidays to Cuba.
A fan of Latin American culture who has spent the last 18 years studying life on the Caribbean island as reported by the Cape Cod Times, Peter Swanson is one passionate traveller eager to get the message across to American citizens that Cuba holidays are excitingly unique and that best of all the level of hospitality is unsurpassable, even when it comes to welcoming old foes from the U.S. The truth is that while U.S.-Cuba governmental relations face many political barriers, these political barriers are almost non-existant for the average Cuban citizen.
Swanson said that going taking holidays in Cuba is not a luxury afforded to every US citizen, but one in particular has become "immersed" in the culture, despite restrictions on Cuba travel.
"Coming from a military family and enjoying sailing, Mr. Swanson loves the seclusion that Cuba offers, adding he might travel around the area for days without coming across another boat" the publication added.
The paper said visitors who are fans of the revolutionary Che Guevara might want to attend some of the sites made famous throughout his life. Tourism chiefs are planning a route through South America and Cuba that follows the life of the icon, the daily reports. Cape Cod Times is published by the Cape Cod Media Group, a Dow Jones Local Media Group.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...