A U.S. citizen says Cubans are open to the idea of Americans taking Cuba holidays in the near future
One passionate traveller eager to let Americans know what they're missing from not being able to take Cuba holidays has praised the island and on his recent trip revealed his discovery that "actually Cubans are extremely friendly to Americans"
An American holidaymaker who recently enjoyed Cuba holidays expressed his joy at discovering how Cubans were "actually extremely friendly to Americans" contrary to what many American citizens may believe due to the political hostility between the two countries. But that's the big difference here, Obama and the Castro brothers aside, citizens from both countries are likely to embrace an improved relations situation with more exchange between the two nations, something that would be possible once the Cuba travel ban is lifted and Americans are able to freely book holidays to Cuba.
A fan of Latin American culture who has spent the last 18 years studying life on the Caribbean island as reported by the Cape Cod Times, Peter Swanson is one passionate traveller eager to get the message across to American citizens that Cuba holidays are excitingly unique and that best of all the level of hospitality is unsurpassable, even when it comes to welcoming old foes from the U.S. The truth is that while U.S.-Cuba governmental relations face many political barriers, these political barriers are almost non-existant for the average Cuban citizen.
Swanson said that going taking holidays in Cuba is not a luxury afforded to every US citizen, but one in particular has become "immersed" in the culture, despite restrictions on Cuba travel.
"Coming from a military family and enjoying sailing, Mr. Swanson loves the seclusion that Cuba offers, adding he might travel around the area for days without coming across another boat" the publication added.
The paper said visitors who are fans of the revolutionary Che Guevara might want to attend some of the sites made famous throughout his life. Tourism chiefs are planning a route through South America and Cuba that follows the life of the icon, the daily reports. Cape Cod Times is published by the Cape Cod Media Group, a Dow Jones Local Media Group.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...