A U.S. citizen says Cubans are open to the idea of Americans taking Cuba holidays in the near future
One passionate traveller eager to let Americans know what they're missing from not being able to take Cuba holidays has praised the island and on his recent trip revealed his discovery that "actually Cubans are extremely friendly to Americans"
An American holidaymaker who recently enjoyed Cuba holidays expressed his joy at discovering how Cubans were "actually extremely friendly to Americans" contrary to what many American citizens may believe due to the political hostility between the two countries. But that's the big difference here, Obama and the Castro brothers aside, citizens from both countries are likely to embrace an improved relations situation with more exchange between the two nations, something that would be possible once the Cuba travel ban is lifted and Americans are able to freely book holidays to Cuba.
A fan of Latin American culture who has spent the last 18 years studying life on the Caribbean island as reported by the Cape Cod Times, Peter Swanson is one passionate traveller eager to get the message across to American citizens that Cuba holidays are excitingly unique and that best of all the level of hospitality is unsurpassable, even when it comes to welcoming old foes from the U.S. The truth is that while U.S.-Cuba governmental relations face many political barriers, these political barriers are almost non-existant for the average Cuban citizen.
Swanson said that going taking holidays in Cuba is not a luxury afforded to every US citizen, but one in particular has become "immersed" in the culture, despite restrictions on Cuba travel.
"Coming from a military family and enjoying sailing, Mr. Swanson loves the seclusion that Cuba offers, adding he might travel around the area for days without coming across another boat" the publication added.
The paper said visitors who are fans of the revolutionary Che Guevara might want to attend some of the sites made famous throughout his life. Tourism chiefs are planning a route through South America and Cuba that follows the life of the icon, the daily reports. Cape Cod Times is published by the Cape Cod Media Group, a Dow Jones Local Media Group.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...