A U.S. citizen says Cubans are open to the idea of Americans taking Cuba holidays in the near future
One passionate traveller eager to let Americans know what they're missing from not being able to take Cuba holidays has praised the island and on his recent trip revealed his discovery that "actually Cubans are extremely friendly to Americans"
An American holidaymaker who recently enjoyed Cuba holidays expressed his joy at discovering how Cubans were "actually extremely friendly to Americans" contrary to what many American citizens may believe due to the political hostility between the two countries. But that's the big difference here, Obama and the Castro brothers aside, citizens from both countries are likely to embrace an improved relations situation with more exchange between the two nations, something that would be possible once the Cuba travel ban is lifted and Americans are able to freely book holidays to Cuba.
A fan of Latin American culture who has spent the last 18 years studying life on the Caribbean island as reported by the Cape Cod Times, Peter Swanson is one passionate traveller eager to get the message across to American citizens that Cuba holidays are excitingly unique and that best of all the level of hospitality is unsurpassable, even when it comes to welcoming old foes from the U.S. The truth is that while U.S.-Cuba governmental relations face many political barriers, these political barriers are almost non-existant for the average Cuban citizen.
Swanson said that going taking holidays in Cuba is not a luxury afforded to every US citizen, but one in particular has become "immersed" in the culture, despite restrictions on Cuba travel.
"Coming from a military family and enjoying sailing, Mr. Swanson loves the seclusion that Cuba offers, adding he might travel around the area for days without coming across another boat" the publication added.
The paper said visitors who are fans of the revolutionary Che Guevara might want to attend some of the sites made famous throughout his life. Tourism chiefs are planning a route through South America and Cuba that follows the life of the icon, the daily reports. Cape Cod Times is published by the Cape Cod Media Group, a Dow Jones Local Media Group.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...