Mexico services Cuba holidays with three New Charter Flights
In order to satisfy increased demand and offer passengers with better connections between Mexico and Cuba, 3 new charter flights operating between Guadalajara and Havana will soon be launched as part of a Mexican campaign to make the most of Cuban tourism
Three charter flights between Guadalajara and Havana will soon take place as part of the promotion campaign carried out by Mexico to take advantage of the Cuban tourism offers, after a meeting with tour operators Wednesday.
Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican western state of Jalisco, is gathering representatives of the most important travel agencies in Mexico, which are receiving updated information of the Cuban tourism proposals for this summer.
Aissa Gomez, an expert from a firm called SOLWAYS, said the flights will take place on July 17, 24, and 31, motivated by the increase of the number of visitors, independently from the regular direct links between Mexico and Cuba.
Solways, Viñales and Protours are joining their experiences to facilitate the visits to Havana, and form there, to Varadero Beach and Santa Maria Keys.
After Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara is the second Mexican territory reached by the representation of Autentica Cuba, a new Cuban publicity campaign to show the diversity of the Cuban tourism products and destinations
Now, Cuba has 50,000 rooms for tourists, and the construction of new rooms is on.
The tourist caravan Autentica Cuba (Authentic Cuba) started a tour throughout Mexico to promote the Cuban rest and recreation tourism for Mexicans.
The caravan started its journey in the Mexican city of Monterrey, and the launching of this publicity campaign, which already visited Europe and South America, was attended by scores of Mexicans interested into knowing more about Cuba and its offers.
Authentic Cuba, as a promotion event, was organized by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism along with its Mexican office, and will run through June 19.
The head of the Cuban Tourism office in Mexico Alicia Pérez Casanova said this opening ceremony, held at the Fiesta American Hotel in Monterrey, was of great importance for Cuba.
Perez highlighted that for the first time this campaign includes a series of promotion activities, and added that the main tour operators showed their growing interest on having Cuba as a tourist destination.
Cuban Consul Luis Quitante and the mayor of the Guadalupe municipality Ivonne Álvarez opened the event, which started with a competition of traditional Cuban dances.Official reports said Cuba receives more than 2 million visitors a year, with a dynamic development which permitted the Caribbean island to go from the 23rd place to the 9th among the most preferable destinations in the region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...