Mexico services Cuba holidays with three New Charter Flights
In order to satisfy increased demand and offer passengers with better connections between Mexico and Cuba, 3 new charter flights operating between Guadalajara and Havana will soon be launched as part of a Mexican campaign to make the most of Cuban tourism
Three charter flights between Guadalajara and Havana will soon take place as part of the promotion campaign carried out by Mexico to take advantage of the Cuban tourism offers, after a meeting with tour operators Wednesday.
Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican western state of Jalisco, is gathering representatives of the most important travel agencies in Mexico, which are receiving updated information of the Cuban tourism proposals for this summer.
Aissa Gomez, an expert from a firm called SOLWAYS, said the flights will take place on July 17, 24, and 31, motivated by the increase of the number of visitors, independently from the regular direct links between Mexico and Cuba.
Solways, Viñales and Protours are joining their experiences to facilitate the visits to Havana, and form there, to Varadero Beach and Santa Maria Keys.
After Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara is the second Mexican territory reached by the representation of Autentica Cuba, a new Cuban publicity campaign to show the diversity of the Cuban tourism products and destinations
Now, Cuba has 50,000 rooms for tourists, and the construction of new rooms is on.
The tourist caravan Autentica Cuba (Authentic Cuba) started a tour throughout Mexico to promote the Cuban rest and recreation tourism for Mexicans.
The caravan started its journey in the Mexican city of Monterrey, and the launching of this publicity campaign, which already visited Europe and South America, was attended by scores of Mexicans interested into knowing more about Cuba and its offers.
Authentic Cuba, as a promotion event, was organized by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism along with its Mexican office, and will run through June 19.
The head of the Cuban Tourism office in Mexico Alicia Pérez Casanova said this opening ceremony, held at the Fiesta American Hotel in Monterrey, was of great importance for Cuba.
Perez highlighted that for the first time this campaign includes a series of promotion activities, and added that the main tour operators showed their growing interest on having Cuba as a tourist destination.
Cuban Consul Luis Quitante and the mayor of the Guadalupe municipality Ivonne Álvarez opened the event, which started with a competition of traditional Cuban dances.Official reports said Cuba receives more than 2 million visitors a year, with a dynamic development which permitted the Caribbean island to go from the 23rd place to the 9th among the most preferable destinations in the region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...