Mexico services Cuba holidays with three New Charter Flights
In order to satisfy increased demand and offer passengers with better connections between Mexico and Cuba, 3 new charter flights operating between Guadalajara and Havana will soon be launched as part of a Mexican campaign to make the most of Cuban tourism
Three charter flights between Guadalajara and Havana will soon take place as part of the promotion campaign carried out by Mexico to take advantage of the Cuban tourism offers, after a meeting with tour operators Wednesday.
Guadalajara, capital of the Mexican western state of Jalisco, is gathering representatives of the most important travel agencies in Mexico, which are receiving updated information of the Cuban tourism proposals for this summer.
Aissa Gomez, an expert from a firm called SOLWAYS, said the flights will take place on July 17, 24, and 31, motivated by the increase of the number of visitors, independently from the regular direct links between Mexico and Cuba.
Solways, Viñales and Protours are joining their experiences to facilitate the visits to Havana, and form there, to Varadero Beach and Santa Maria Keys.
After Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Guadalajara is the second Mexican territory reached by the representation of Autentica Cuba, a new Cuban publicity campaign to show the diversity of the Cuban tourism products and destinations
Now, Cuba has 50,000 rooms for tourists, and the construction of new rooms is on.
The tourist caravan Autentica Cuba (Authentic Cuba) started a tour throughout Mexico to promote the Cuban rest and recreation tourism for Mexicans.
The caravan started its journey in the Mexican city of Monterrey, and the launching of this publicity campaign, which already visited Europe and South America, was attended by scores of Mexicans interested into knowing more about Cuba and its offers.
Authentic Cuba, as a promotion event, was organized by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism along with its Mexican office, and will run through June 19.
The head of the Cuban Tourism office in Mexico Alicia Pérez Casanova said this opening ceremony, held at the Fiesta American Hotel in Monterrey, was of great importance for Cuba.
Perez highlighted that for the first time this campaign includes a series of promotion activities, and added that the main tour operators showed their growing interest on having Cuba as a tourist destination.
Cuban Consul Luis Quitante and the mayor of the Guadalupe municipality Ivonne Álvarez opened the event, which started with a competition of traditional Cuban dances.Official reports said Cuba receives more than 2 million visitors a year, with a dynamic development which permitted the Caribbean island to go from the 23rd place to the 9th among the most preferable destinations in the region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...