Tropical storm no longer a threat to Caribbean holidays
As Tropical Disturbance 10 weakens and moves further away, after having caused only minor amount of light rains and mild breezes, Caribbean holidays will soon be as sunny as ever. The storm went down in strength with only scattered showers left now.
Of the tropical storm that had been recently threatening to dampen traveller's plans to take immediate Caribbean holidays coasts, only a weak disturbance of light rains and mild breezes is left. Weakening by the hour, the tropical storm will continue to lose strength as it moves West across the regional waters during the rest of the day. What this means for Caribbean holidays at the time is scattered to numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms with areas of heavy rainfall locally.
Having gone down in strength significally, tropical storm 10 is no longer classified as a serious disturbance affecting Caribbean holidays in the short term. The active tropical wave now located near 57W will enter the Eastern Caribbean early Friday morning and continue to move west-northwest across the regional waters by noon Friday. This system will bring active and inclement weather conditions with thunderstorms and gusty winds through the upcoming weekend.
Residents are reminded to pay close attention to the change in the weather which may affect them negatively in ways such as the flooding of homes, difficult driving conditions and the impact of squall-like conditions on vessels at sea.
At 2:00pm on Wednesday, Tropical Disturbance 10 was located about 625 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. Movement then continued west-northwest to northwestward at about 15 mph.
Showers and thunderstorms within this system are poorly organised and the strong westerly winds at upper levels were expected to remain unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation. And so it happened that the disturbance enventually disappeared leaving Caribbean holidays with a sigh of relief...at least for now.
Residents are again reminded to begin their hurricane preparations as soon as possible. It is never too early to think about stocking up on essential non-perishable items, updating your supply of prescription medication, inspecting homes and businesses, securing personal items and important documents and knowing the locations of Emergency Shelters in your area, just in case. Do not postpone or put off these preparations; finalize the Family/Business Disaster Plan(s), verify your insurance coverage, trim trees, remove debris and make sure that nothing is blocking ghuts and other natural waterways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Come to the Caribbean and take a break from everyday life, as you enjoy 8 days of entertainment at the Grafton Beach...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...