Tropical storm no longer a threat to Caribbean holidays
As Tropical Disturbance 10 weakens and moves further away, after having caused only minor amount of light rains and mild breezes, Caribbean holidays will soon be as sunny as ever. The storm went down in strength with only scattered showers left now.
Of the tropical storm that had been recently threatening to dampen traveller's plans to take immediate Caribbean holidays coasts, only a weak disturbance of light rains and mild breezes is left. Weakening by the hour, the tropical storm will continue to lose strength as it moves West across the regional waters during the rest of the day. What this means for Caribbean holidays at the time is scattered to numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms with areas of heavy rainfall locally.
Having gone down in strength significally, tropical storm 10 is no longer classified as a serious disturbance affecting Caribbean holidays in the short term. The active tropical wave now located near 57W will enter the Eastern Caribbean early Friday morning and continue to move west-northwest across the regional waters by noon Friday. This system will bring active and inclement weather conditions with thunderstorms and gusty winds through the upcoming weekend.
Residents are reminded to pay close attention to the change in the weather which may affect them negatively in ways such as the flooding of homes, difficult driving conditions and the impact of squall-like conditions on vessels at sea.
At 2:00pm on Wednesday, Tropical Disturbance 10 was located about 625 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. Movement then continued west-northwest to northwestward at about 15 mph.
Showers and thunderstorms within this system are poorly organised and the strong westerly winds at upper levels were expected to remain unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation. And so it happened that the disturbance enventually disappeared leaving Caribbean holidays with a sigh of relief...at least for now.
Residents are again reminded to begin their hurricane preparations as soon as possible. It is never too early to think about stocking up on essential non-perishable items, updating your supply of prescription medication, inspecting homes and businesses, securing personal items and important documents and knowing the locations of Emergency Shelters in your area, just in case. Do not postpone or put off these preparations; finalize the Family/Business Disaster Plan(s), verify your insurance coverage, trim trees, remove debris and make sure that nothing is blocking ghuts and other natural waterways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...