Tropical storm no longer a threat to Caribbean holidays
As Tropical Disturbance 10 weakens and moves further away, after having caused only minor amount of light rains and mild breezes, Caribbean holidays will soon be as sunny as ever. The storm went down in strength with only scattered showers left now.
Of the tropical storm that had been recently threatening to dampen traveller's plans to take immediate Caribbean holidays coasts, only a weak disturbance of light rains and mild breezes is left. Weakening by the hour, the tropical storm will continue to lose strength as it moves West across the regional waters during the rest of the day. What this means for Caribbean holidays at the time is scattered to numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms with areas of heavy rainfall locally.
Having gone down in strength significally, tropical storm 10 is no longer classified as a serious disturbance affecting Caribbean holidays in the short term. The active tropical wave now located near 57W will enter the Eastern Caribbean early Friday morning and continue to move west-northwest across the regional waters by noon Friday. This system will bring active and inclement weather conditions with thunderstorms and gusty winds through the upcoming weekend.
Residents are reminded to pay close attention to the change in the weather which may affect them negatively in ways such as the flooding of homes, difficult driving conditions and the impact of squall-like conditions on vessels at sea.
At 2:00pm on Wednesday, Tropical Disturbance 10 was located about 625 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. Movement then continued west-northwest to northwestward at about 15 mph.
Showers and thunderstorms within this system are poorly organised and the strong westerly winds at upper levels were expected to remain unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation. And so it happened that the disturbance enventually disappeared leaving Caribbean holidays with a sigh of relief...at least for now.
Residents are again reminded to begin their hurricane preparations as soon as possible. It is never too early to think about stocking up on essential non-perishable items, updating your supply of prescription medication, inspecting homes and businesses, securing personal items and important documents and knowing the locations of Emergency Shelters in your area, just in case. Do not postpone or put off these preparations; finalize the Family/Business Disaster Plan(s), verify your insurance coverage, trim trees, remove debris and make sure that nothing is blocking ghuts and other natural waterways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...