Tropical storm no longer a threat to Caribbean holidays
As Tropical Disturbance 10 weakens and moves further away, after having caused only minor amount of light rains and mild breezes, Caribbean holidays will soon be as sunny as ever. The storm went down in strength with only scattered showers left now.
Of the tropical storm that had been recently threatening to dampen traveller's plans to take immediate Caribbean holidays coasts, only a weak disturbance of light rains and mild breezes is left. Weakening by the hour, the tropical storm will continue to lose strength as it moves West across the regional waters during the rest of the day. What this means for Caribbean holidays at the time is scattered to numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms with areas of heavy rainfall locally.
Having gone down in strength significally, tropical storm 10 is no longer classified as a serious disturbance affecting Caribbean holidays in the short term. The active tropical wave now located near 57W will enter the Eastern Caribbean early Friday morning and continue to move west-northwest across the regional waters by noon Friday. This system will bring active and inclement weather conditions with thunderstorms and gusty winds through the upcoming weekend.
Residents are reminded to pay close attention to the change in the weather which may affect them negatively in ways such as the flooding of homes, difficult driving conditions and the impact of squall-like conditions on vessels at sea.
At 2:00pm on Wednesday, Tropical Disturbance 10 was located about 625 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. Movement then continued west-northwest to northwestward at about 15 mph.
Showers and thunderstorms within this system are poorly organised and the strong westerly winds at upper levels were expected to remain unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation. And so it happened that the disturbance enventually disappeared leaving Caribbean holidays with a sigh of relief...at least for now.
Residents are again reminded to begin their hurricane preparations as soon as possible. It is never too early to think about stocking up on essential non-perishable items, updating your supply of prescription medication, inspecting homes and businesses, securing personal items and important documents and knowing the locations of Emergency Shelters in your area, just in case. Do not postpone or put off these preparations; finalize the Family/Business Disaster Plan(s), verify your insurance coverage, trim trees, remove debris and make sure that nothing is blocking ghuts and other natural waterways.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...