UNESCO's General Director Receives Havana's historian and praises cultural value of Cuba holidays
One of Cuba's most highly acclaimed historians and the one responsible for re-storing many of Havana's historical buildings and monuments; Eusebio Leal has been received in France by UNESCO's General Director to hold discussions about patrimony & culture
The protector of Cuba holidays in Havana and the city's historian, Eusebio Leal, recently flew out to France to hold an interview with UNESCO's General Director, Irina Bokova, with whom he dialogued about patrimony, culture, development and other historic topics concerning the island.
Leal explained to Prensa Latina about his stay in France, while went into details regarding his interview with the head of the United Nations entity.
The Cuban intellectual, who received last year the UNESCO Medal of the World Decade of Cultural Development, arrived to this capital invited by the highest authority of that institution.
Leal, who also has the order of the French Honour Legion in the official grade, said that it was a very useful exchange of opinions, in which they discussed about historic themes relating Latin America and of topics which were of her personal interest, such as Cuba and Bulgaria.
During the meeting, to which Leal attended accompanied by the Cuban ambassador to UNESCO, Mary Florez, they also dialogued about the San Gerónimo university college, a university school attached to the University of Havana aimed at creating new historians and culture experts that prolonged and preserved the cultural and historical value of Cuba holidays.
This institution, located in the historic center of the Cuban capital, forms specialists in preservation work and patrimony management, has been of great interest to Bokova, commented Leal.
It was very nice of her by remembering also her visit to our capital when she was only a candidate to General Director, he added. The historian ended his visit to France with this meeting.
Some days before, he took part in the opening of the academic curse of Humanity of Bordeaux University. Leal commented that he offered a conference to present the project of the restoration of the historic Centre of Havana in all its cultural, social and community values.
During his time in France historian visited the city of Rochelle (centre best) and had an interview with the directors of the museums and patrimony of Aquitania.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...