UNESCO's General Director Receives Havana's historian and praises cultural value of Cuba holidays
One of Cuba's most highly acclaimed historians and the one responsible for re-storing many of Havana's historical buildings and monuments; Eusebio Leal has been received in France by UNESCO's General Director to hold discussions about patrimony & culture
The protector of Cuba holidays in Havana and the city's historian, Eusebio Leal, recently flew out to France to hold an interview with UNESCO's General Director, Irina Bokova, with whom he dialogued about patrimony, culture, development and other historic topics concerning the island.
Leal explained to Prensa Latina about his stay in France, while went into details regarding his interview with the head of the United Nations entity.
The Cuban intellectual, who received last year the UNESCO Medal of the World Decade of Cultural Development, arrived to this capital invited by the highest authority of that institution.
Leal, who also has the order of the French Honour Legion in the official grade, said that it was a very useful exchange of opinions, in which they discussed about historic themes relating Latin America and of topics which were of her personal interest, such as Cuba and Bulgaria.
During the meeting, to which Leal attended accompanied by the Cuban ambassador to UNESCO, Mary Florez, they also dialogued about the San Gerónimo university college, a university school attached to the University of Havana aimed at creating new historians and culture experts that prolonged and preserved the cultural and historical value of Cuba holidays.
This institution, located in the historic center of the Cuban capital, forms specialists in preservation work and patrimony management, has been of great interest to Bokova, commented Leal.
It was very nice of her by remembering also her visit to our capital when she was only a candidate to General Director, he added. The historian ended his visit to France with this meeting.
Some days before, he took part in the opening of the academic curse of Humanity of Bordeaux University. Leal commented that he offered a conference to present the project of the restoration of the historic Centre of Havana in all its cultural, social and community values.
During his time in France historian visited the city of Rochelle (centre best) and had an interview with the directors of the museums and patrimony of Aquitania.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...