UNESCO's General Director Receives Havana's historian and praises cultural value of Cuba holidays
One of Cuba's most highly acclaimed historians and the one responsible for re-storing many of Havana's historical buildings and monuments; Eusebio Leal has been received in France by UNESCO's General Director to hold discussions about patrimony & culture
The protector of Cuba holidays in Havana and the city's historian, Eusebio Leal, recently flew out to France to hold an interview with UNESCO's General Director, Irina Bokova, with whom he dialogued about patrimony, culture, development and other historic topics concerning the island.
Leal explained to Prensa Latina about his stay in France, while went into details regarding his interview with the head of the United Nations entity.
The Cuban intellectual, who received last year the UNESCO Medal of the World Decade of Cultural Development, arrived to this capital invited by the highest authority of that institution.
Leal, who also has the order of the French Honour Legion in the official grade, said that it was a very useful exchange of opinions, in which they discussed about historic themes relating Latin America and of topics which were of her personal interest, such as Cuba and Bulgaria.
During the meeting, to which Leal attended accompanied by the Cuban ambassador to UNESCO, Mary Florez, they also dialogued about the San Gerónimo university college, a university school attached to the University of Havana aimed at creating new historians and culture experts that prolonged and preserved the cultural and historical value of Cuba holidays.
This institution, located in the historic center of the Cuban capital, forms specialists in preservation work and patrimony management, has been of great interest to Bokova, commented Leal.
It was very nice of her by remembering also her visit to our capital when she was only a candidate to General Director, he added. The historian ended his visit to France with this meeting.
Some days before, he took part in the opening of the academic curse of Humanity of Bordeaux University. Leal commented that he offered a conference to present the project of the restoration of the historic Centre of Havana in all its cultural, social and community values.
During his time in France historian visited the city of Rochelle (centre best) and had an interview with the directors of the museums and patrimony of Aquitania.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...