BA starts servicing Cancun holidays
Now entering the Cancun holidays market, BA's latest move confirms the carrier's expansion plans as they announce the launching of a new service between Gatwick and Cancun. The twice weekly frequency is due to start operating from November 2010.
Giving a boost to Cancun holidays for British holidaymakers, the UK-based carrier British Airways is expanding its Mexico services with the launch of two weekly direct flights from London Gatwick to Cancun, starting November 2010.
The new route will be serviced by a Boeing 777 aircreaft with three cabin classes. Proudly announcing how the addition of these flights would give UK travellers more flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays, Richard Tams, head of UK & Ireland sales and marketing, said: “We’re delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to Cancun.
“It is the perfect addition to our Gatwick long-haul premium leisure network.”
Tickets went on sale yesterday and the first flight will be leaving London's Gatwick airport on 3rd November, 2010 at 12.45pm UK time, meaning that passengers will arrive to their Cancun holidays 5.45pm local time.
Meanwhile the new UK coalition government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway at Heathrow could prompt the airline to focus its business in Madrid after its merger with Iberia.
Commenting on how such a move has forced them to re-locate to keep up with their growth plans, BA’s chief executive Willie Walsh told The Financial Times: “You’ve got a fantastic airport in Madrid that has excess capacity… and we’ll grow there.”
“Growth is not going to go away. Growth will just leave the UK and go to other parts of Europe. BA will be able to access that growth because our assets are mobile and we can focus on developing Madrid rather than… London.”
Ealier this year BA and Spanish carrier Iberia signed an agreement to combine operations, and shareholders will vote on the plans in the autumn. The new company, with its main hubs at Madrid and London, will be called International Airlines Group.
The British government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway was welcomed by environmental campaigners, but the aviation industry was dismayed as demand for flights is expected to more than double between 2000 and 2030. Ministers hope the extra demand can be met by regional airports in England and high speed rail links.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...