BA starts servicing Cancun holidays
Now entering the Cancun holidays market, BA's latest move confirms the carrier's expansion plans as they announce the launching of a new service between Gatwick and Cancun. The twice weekly frequency is due to start operating from November 2010.
Giving a boost to Cancun holidays for British holidaymakers, the UK-based carrier British Airways is expanding its Mexico services with the launch of two weekly direct flights from London Gatwick to Cancun, starting November 2010.
The new route will be serviced by a Boeing 777 aircreaft with three cabin classes. Proudly announcing how the addition of these flights would give UK travellers more flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays, Richard Tams, head of UK & Ireland sales and marketing, said: “We’re delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to Cancun.
“It is the perfect addition to our Gatwick long-haul premium leisure network.”
Tickets went on sale yesterday and the first flight will be leaving London's Gatwick airport on 3rd November, 2010 at 12.45pm UK time, meaning that passengers will arrive to their Cancun holidays 5.45pm local time.
Meanwhile the new UK coalition government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway at Heathrow could prompt the airline to focus its business in Madrid after its merger with Iberia.
Commenting on how such a move has forced them to re-locate to keep up with their growth plans, BA’s chief executive Willie Walsh told The Financial Times: “You’ve got a fantastic airport in Madrid that has excess capacity… and we’ll grow there.”
“Growth is not going to go away. Growth will just leave the UK and go to other parts of Europe. BA will be able to access that growth because our assets are mobile and we can focus on developing Madrid rather than… London.”
Ealier this year BA and Spanish carrier Iberia signed an agreement to combine operations, and shareholders will vote on the plans in the autumn. The new company, with its main hubs at Madrid and London, will be called International Airlines Group.
The British government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway was welcomed by environmental campaigners, but the aviation industry was dismayed as demand for flights is expected to more than double between 2000 and 2030. Ministers hope the extra demand can be met by regional airports in England and high speed rail links.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...