BA starts servicing Cancun holidays
Now entering the Cancun holidays market, BA's latest move confirms the carrier's expansion plans as they announce the launching of a new service between Gatwick and Cancun. The twice weekly frequency is due to start operating from November 2010.
Giving a boost to Cancun holidays for British holidaymakers, the UK-based carrier British Airways is expanding its Mexico services with the launch of two weekly direct flights from London Gatwick to Cancun, starting November 2010.
The new route will be serviced by a Boeing 777 aircreaft with three cabin classes. Proudly announcing how the addition of these flights would give UK travellers more flexibility when planning their Cancun holidays, Richard Tams, head of UK & Ireland sales and marketing, said: “We’re delighted to be the only UK scheduled airline offering direct flights to Cancun.
“It is the perfect addition to our Gatwick long-haul premium leisure network.”
Tickets went on sale yesterday and the first flight will be leaving London's Gatwick airport on 3rd November, 2010 at 12.45pm UK time, meaning that passengers will arrive to their Cancun holidays 5.45pm local time.
Meanwhile the new UK coalition government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway at Heathrow could prompt the airline to focus its business in Madrid after its merger with Iberia.
Commenting on how such a move has forced them to re-locate to keep up with their growth plans, BA’s chief executive Willie Walsh told The Financial Times: “You’ve got a fantastic airport in Madrid that has excess capacity… and we’ll grow there.”
“Growth is not going to go away. Growth will just leave the UK and go to other parts of Europe. BA will be able to access that growth because our assets are mobile and we can focus on developing Madrid rather than… London.”
Ealier this year BA and Spanish carrier Iberia signed an agreement to combine operations, and shareholders will vote on the plans in the autumn. The new company, with its main hubs at Madrid and London, will be called International Airlines Group.
The British government’s decision to scrap plans for a third runway was welcomed by environmental campaigners, but the aviation industry was dismayed as demand for flights is expected to more than double between 2000 and 2030. Ministers hope the extra demand can be met by regional airports in England and high speed rail links.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...