Condor double the number of flights to Barbados
Travellers will be able to enjoy more frequent holidays to the Caribbean as the German-based airline, Condor, announces an increase in flights to Barbados from Frankfurt in Germany starting from November 2010.
Condor has revealed that it will be doubling the number of flights to Barbados from Frankfurt later this year enabling more travellers from Europe to enjoy holidays on the Caribbean Island. Barbados hotels and tourism companies will welcome the increase in visitors from the new schedule of flights to Barbados which will result in two flights arriving on the island from Frankfurt on both Mondays and Fridays.
The new flights will be operated by a 270-seat Boeing 767 aircraft and will fly from Frankfurt -Tobago - Barbados - Frankfurt on Mondays and Frankfurt - Barbados - St. Lucia - Frankfurt on Fridays from November 2010.
Neville Boxill, BTA's aviation consultant, said: "We are pleased also that Condor has revised its pricing model so consumers now have more competitive pricing and more travel options so that the flight overall will be more appealing coming out of Germany."
The new series of regular flights to Barbados are set to operate all year round and will enable travel agents, tour operators, airlines and travel companies to create packages for travellers looking for three-day, five-day, seven-day, 10-day and 14-day Barbados holidays compared to the previous deals which gave customers the choice of seven-day or 14-day breaks.
Boxhill said that talks between BTA and Condor in March earlier this year at Germany's ITB trade show, focused on how to make Condor travel more affordable and competitive in the German travel market.
He went on to confirm that discussions regarding travel via other European carriers are underway will could result in more airlines providing flights to Barbados from a number of destinations, bringing with them an increase in visitors to the luxury Caribbean holidays destination. Condor, previously Thomas Cook, has been operating charter flights since 21 December 1955 and consisted of a fleet of British-made Vickers Viking two-engine propeller 36-seater aircrafts.
Now, over half a century later, Condor provides flights to seven million passengers annually to over 70 destinations across America, Asia, Africa and Europe from nine departure airports in the Germany. Replacing the original twin-engine propeller aircraft are a modern fleet of Boeing 767-300, Boeing 757-300 and Airbus A320.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...