Emirates are showing all FIFA World Cup games onboard and across airport worldwide
Emirates are stepping up to the massive worldwide football euphoria by offering travellers with the option of watching all the FIFA World Cup matches live from the comfort of their airplanes and across all the worldwide airports they fly to and from.
In-keeping with the worldwide football fever, Emirates are making it possible for all their passengers not to miss any of the FIFA World Cup action by broadcasting all games live from their onboard cabins or the many international airports they fly holidaymakers to. From London to Tokyo, football fans across the world will be able to keep up to date with every 2010 FIFA World Cup™ match thanks to live broadcasts being transmitted on a number of screens installed by Emirates across all the airports in the holiday destinations they feature. Once aboard one of their airplanes flying millions of passengers to and fro Dubai holidays, fans can look forward to updates on their team’s progress with exclusive screenings of the most recent matches, as well as live text updates of current matches being played.
Across a number of airports that the airline serves, passengers waiting to board their flights will not be missing any of the live action thanks to specially designed screens perfectly positioned so that guests can keep their eye on the score in the comfort of the airport lounge. Additionally, a majority of First Class and Business Class Lounges will also broadcast the matches live so that frequent flyers and premium passengers can enjoy all the live football action.
And if all this wasn't enough to get fans to take Dubai holidays without worrying about missing a game, Emirates’ much praised onboard award-winning ice entertainment service will feature recordings of all the games from the 64-match tournament within a few hours of them taking place, as well as live goal-by-goal updates and text commentary.
Big plasma screens broadcasting live coverage of every match will be placed in different locations across airports in New York, Zurich, London Heathrow (Terminal 3), Tokyo, Sydney, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Hamburg, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Dubai.
"While football fans can enjoy live action from the FIFA World Cup™ in airports across our network, we can ensure that our passengers onboard miss none of the joy and heartache of this great sporting tournament, with screenings of recent matches and live score updates. This is another important way that we utilise our FIFA sponsorship to benefit our passengers and sport fans around the world.” - Maurice Flanagan, Executive Vice Chairman, Emirates Airline & Group proudly revealed.
Emirates’ partnership with FIFA goes four years back when it was formed at the previous 2006 FIFA World Cup™. Then it became the first airline to be sponsoring the prestigious sporting event, at the same time promoting the quality of fun and luxurious Dubai holidays they fly their worldwide passengers too. Following on from the success of the last tournament in Germany, Emirates has cemented its status as an Official FIFA Partner up to and including the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...