Emirates are showing all FIFA World Cup games onboard and across airport worldwide
Emirates are stepping up to the massive worldwide football euphoria by offering travellers with the option of watching all the FIFA World Cup matches live from the comfort of their airplanes and across all the worldwide airports they fly to and from.
In-keeping with the worldwide football fever, Emirates are making it possible for all their passengers not to miss any of the FIFA World Cup action by broadcasting all games live from their onboard cabins or the many international airports they fly holidaymakers to. From London to Tokyo, football fans across the world will be able to keep up to date with every 2010 FIFA World Cup™ match thanks to live broadcasts being transmitted on a number of screens installed by Emirates across all the airports in the holiday destinations they feature. Once aboard one of their airplanes flying millions of passengers to and fro Dubai holidays, fans can look forward to updates on their team’s progress with exclusive screenings of the most recent matches, as well as live text updates of current matches being played.
Across a number of airports that the airline serves, passengers waiting to board their flights will not be missing any of the live action thanks to specially designed screens perfectly positioned so that guests can keep their eye on the score in the comfort of the airport lounge. Additionally, a majority of First Class and Business Class Lounges will also broadcast the matches live so that frequent flyers and premium passengers can enjoy all the live football action.
And if all this wasn't enough to get fans to take Dubai holidays without worrying about missing a game, Emirates’ much praised onboard award-winning ice entertainment service will feature recordings of all the games from the 64-match tournament within a few hours of them taking place, as well as live goal-by-goal updates and text commentary.
Big plasma screens broadcasting live coverage of every match will be placed in different locations across airports in New York, Zurich, London Heathrow (Terminal 3), Tokyo, Sydney, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Hamburg, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Dubai.
"While football fans can enjoy live action from the FIFA World Cup™ in airports across our network, we can ensure that our passengers onboard miss none of the joy and heartache of this great sporting tournament, with screenings of recent matches and live score updates. This is another important way that we utilise our FIFA sponsorship to benefit our passengers and sport fans around the world.” - Maurice Flanagan, Executive Vice Chairman, Emirates Airline & Group proudly revealed.
Emirates’ partnership with FIFA goes four years back when it was formed at the previous 2006 FIFA World Cup™. Then it became the first airline to be sponsoring the prestigious sporting event, at the same time promoting the quality of fun and luxurious Dubai holidays they fly their worldwide passengers too. Following on from the success of the last tournament in Germany, Emirates has cemented its status as an Official FIFA Partner up to and including the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...