Emirates are showing all FIFA World Cup games onboard and across airport worldwide
Emirates are stepping up to the massive worldwide football euphoria by offering travellers with the option of watching all the FIFA World Cup matches live from the comfort of their airplanes and across all the worldwide airports they fly to and from.
In-keeping with the worldwide football fever, Emirates are making it possible for all their passengers not to miss any of the FIFA World Cup action by broadcasting all games live from their onboard cabins or the many international airports they fly holidaymakers to. From London to Tokyo, football fans across the world will be able to keep up to date with every 2010 FIFA World Cup™ match thanks to live broadcasts being transmitted on a number of screens installed by Emirates across all the airports in the holiday destinations they feature. Once aboard one of their airplanes flying millions of passengers to and fro Dubai holidays, fans can look forward to updates on their team’s progress with exclusive screenings of the most recent matches, as well as live text updates of current matches being played.
Across a number of airports that the airline serves, passengers waiting to board their flights will not be missing any of the live action thanks to specially designed screens perfectly positioned so that guests can keep their eye on the score in the comfort of the airport lounge. Additionally, a majority of First Class and Business Class Lounges will also broadcast the matches live so that frequent flyers and premium passengers can enjoy all the live football action.
And if all this wasn't enough to get fans to take Dubai holidays without worrying about missing a game, Emirates’ much praised onboard award-winning ice entertainment service will feature recordings of all the games from the 64-match tournament within a few hours of them taking place, as well as live goal-by-goal updates and text commentary.
Big plasma screens broadcasting live coverage of every match will be placed in different locations across airports in New York, Zurich, London Heathrow (Terminal 3), Tokyo, Sydney, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Hamburg, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Dubai.
"While football fans can enjoy live action from the FIFA World Cup™ in airports across our network, we can ensure that our passengers onboard miss none of the joy and heartache of this great sporting tournament, with screenings of recent matches and live score updates. This is another important way that we utilise our FIFA sponsorship to benefit our passengers and sport fans around the world.” - Maurice Flanagan, Executive Vice Chairman, Emirates Airline & Group proudly revealed.
Emirates’ partnership with FIFA goes four years back when it was formed at the previous 2006 FIFA World Cup™. Then it became the first airline to be sponsoring the prestigious sporting event, at the same time promoting the quality of fun and luxurious Dubai holidays they fly their worldwide passengers too. Following on from the success of the last tournament in Germany, Emirates has cemented its status as an Official FIFA Partner up to and including the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...