East Africa hotels group, Serena Hotels, appoints PR agency
An East Africa hotels group, Serena Hotels, has appointed Lesley Simpson Communications to handle their public relations of their numerous properties in Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda and Zanzibar.
Lesley Simpson Communications has announced that they have been appointed by a leading East Africa hotels group to handle the public relations of numerous properties across the region for the South African marketplace.
Serena Hotels have a collection of luxury safari lodges, resorts and properties including Zanzibar hotels, Tanzania hotels and Kenya hotels which feature native design and furnishings and provide a high quality level of service and hospitality for travellers from all over the globe. Managing Director of the PR company, Lesley Simpson, expressed her delight in joining the East Africa hotels company and said:
"I am delighted at our new partnership with this prestigious hotel group. I am a personal fan of all these destinations, and can remember years ago when LSC hosted one of the first media groups to Zanzibar as South Africans were allowed to return to East Africa. I have been fortunate to go back a few times since, both from a personal and business viewpoint. Each country is a draw card in itself, and I can't wait to highlight their diversities to our media partners, as part of the objective to build an increased awareness and demand from the South African travelling public."
The PR firm will be helping with the re-opening of the famous Polana Serena Hotel which overlooks the Bay of Maputo and is currently undergoing a US$25 million refurbishment. The luxury hotel is due to re-open on 18 August 2010 and will provide a wealth of activities and natural beauty for visitors on Africa holidays.
Group Sales & Marketing Director of Nairobi-based Serena Hotels, Michael Opondo, spoke of the appointment of the PR company and said:
"Our focus is to offer our guests a circuit which matches their individual interest and preference, whether it is combined safari and beach itineraries, or a choice of sophisticated meeting venues.
"Taking the profile of the South African traveller, added to that of the easy logistics between the countries, we have pinpointed this market as one to offer incremental business this year, and hence the decision to appoint a well established PR company such as LSC to assist us with our marketing objectives."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...