East Africa hotels group, Serena Hotels, appoints PR agency
An East Africa hotels group, Serena Hotels, has appointed Lesley Simpson Communications to handle their public relations of their numerous properties in Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda and Zanzibar.
Lesley Simpson Communications has announced that they have been appointed by a leading East Africa hotels group to handle the public relations of numerous properties across the region for the South African marketplace.
Serena Hotels have a collection of luxury safari lodges, resorts and properties including Zanzibar hotels, Tanzania hotels and Kenya hotels which feature native design and furnishings and provide a high quality level of service and hospitality for travellers from all over the globe. Managing Director of the PR company, Lesley Simpson, expressed her delight in joining the East Africa hotels company and said:
"I am delighted at our new partnership with this prestigious hotel group. I am a personal fan of all these destinations, and can remember years ago when LSC hosted one of the first media groups to Zanzibar as South Africans were allowed to return to East Africa. I have been fortunate to go back a few times since, both from a personal and business viewpoint. Each country is a draw card in itself, and I can't wait to highlight their diversities to our media partners, as part of the objective to build an increased awareness and demand from the South African travelling public."
The PR firm will be helping with the re-opening of the famous Polana Serena Hotel which overlooks the Bay of Maputo and is currently undergoing a US$25 million refurbishment. The luxury hotel is due to re-open on 18 August 2010 and will provide a wealth of activities and natural beauty for visitors on Africa holidays.
Group Sales & Marketing Director of Nairobi-based Serena Hotels, Michael Opondo, spoke of the appointment of the PR company and said:
"Our focus is to offer our guests a circuit which matches their individual interest and preference, whether it is combined safari and beach itineraries, or a choice of sophisticated meeting venues.
"Taking the profile of the South African traveller, added to that of the easy logistics between the countries, we have pinpointed this market as one to offer incremental business this year, and hence the decision to appoint a well established PR company such as LSC to assist us with our marketing objectives."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...