Sol Melia expanding in the Dubai holidays market
Having recently signed an agreement to manage its first ever property in the Middle East, the Spanish hotel chain group of Sol Melia hotels will soon be making their debut in the UAE with its new Melia Dubai hotel, due to open early next year in Dubai.
Expanding onto the blooming Dubai holidays market the Sol Meliá group of Spanish hotels is adding the United Arab Emirates as a new holiday region with the first ever addition of a Dubai property to their hotel portfolio. The new Meliá Dubai will be a luxury hotel scheduled to open at the beginning of next year and will become the first hotel providing Dubai holidays by a Spanish hotel group in the Middle East, a growing market for both domestic tourism and business travel.
Providing ultra-deluxe Dubai holidays right at the heart of the emirate, the newly-built 5 star Meliá Dubai will be located in Al Raffa, Bur Dubai, opposite Port Rashid and in close proximity to the financial and cultural heart of Dubai, Heritage Villa, ideally positioned surrounded by the focus of the main tourism activity in the city.
As expected from luxury Dubai hotels in the area, the new hotel will feature 167 luxury rooms and suites, a haute cuisine restaurant, a Tapas Gastro Bar in-keeping with the Spanish roots of the hotel brand, a 24-hour Coffee Shop, an Euro-Asian fusion restaurant, sky bar, disco bar, energy bar, smoking lounge, business centre and 300 m2 for meetings and events. In addition to all this, for the ultimate spa experience during relaxing and pampering Dubai holidays, the Meliá Dubai will have its very own The Level Service and Spa.
In short, the Meliá Dubai will enjoy all of the services and facilities expected of the most international of the Sol Meliá hotel brands and will become a point of reference for the Spanish hotel industry in the region. Dubai is the second most important city in the United Arab Emirates, and is now the starting point for the first Spanish hotel group to operate in the Middle East. According to Gabriel Escarrer, Chief Executive Officer of Sol Meliá, Dubai holidays are: “an emerging destination which confirms the company growth aspirations in high potential, dynamic markets”
The announcement of the addition of the Meliá Dubai confirms the growth, expansion and geographical diversification strategy of the company, involving new openings in new holiday destinations such as China, Colombia, Cabo Verde or Crete, and the renovation, improvement and rejuvenation of the hotel portfolio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...