Sol Melia expanding in the Dubai holidays market
Having recently signed an agreement to manage its first ever property in the Middle East, the Spanish hotel chain group of Sol Melia hotels will soon be making their debut in the UAE with its new Melia Dubai hotel, due to open early next year in Dubai.
Expanding onto the blooming Dubai holidays market the Sol Meliá group of Spanish hotels is adding the United Arab Emirates as a new holiday region with the first ever addition of a Dubai property to their hotel portfolio. The new Meliá Dubai will be a luxury hotel scheduled to open at the beginning of next year and will become the first hotel providing Dubai holidays by a Spanish hotel group in the Middle East, a growing market for both domestic tourism and business travel.
Providing ultra-deluxe Dubai holidays right at the heart of the emirate, the newly-built 5 star Meliá Dubai will be located in Al Raffa, Bur Dubai, opposite Port Rashid and in close proximity to the financial and cultural heart of Dubai, Heritage Villa, ideally positioned surrounded by the focus of the main tourism activity in the city.
As expected from luxury Dubai hotels in the area, the new hotel will feature 167 luxury rooms and suites, a haute cuisine restaurant, a Tapas Gastro Bar in-keeping with the Spanish roots of the hotel brand, a 24-hour Coffee Shop, an Euro-Asian fusion restaurant, sky bar, disco bar, energy bar, smoking lounge, business centre and 300 m2 for meetings and events. In addition to all this, for the ultimate spa experience during relaxing and pampering Dubai holidays, the Meliá Dubai will have its very own The Level Service and Spa.
In short, the Meliá Dubai will enjoy all of the services and facilities expected of the most international of the Sol Meliá hotel brands and will become a point of reference for the Spanish hotel industry in the region. Dubai is the second most important city in the United Arab Emirates, and is now the starting point for the first Spanish hotel group to operate in the Middle East. According to Gabriel Escarrer, Chief Executive Officer of Sol Meliá, Dubai holidays are: “an emerging destination which confirms the company growth aspirations in high potential, dynamic markets”
The announcement of the addition of the Meliá Dubai confirms the growth, expansion and geographical diversification strategy of the company, involving new openings in new holiday destinations such as China, Colombia, Cabo Verde or Crete, and the renovation, improvement and rejuvenation of the hotel portfolio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...