Sol Melia expanding in the Dubai holidays market
Having recently signed an agreement to manage its first ever property in the Middle East, the Spanish hotel chain group of Sol Melia hotels will soon be making their debut in the UAE with its new Melia Dubai hotel, due to open early next year in Dubai.
Expanding onto the blooming Dubai holidays market the Sol Meliá group of Spanish hotels is adding the United Arab Emirates as a new holiday region with the first ever addition of a Dubai property to their hotel portfolio. The new Meliá Dubai will be a luxury hotel scheduled to open at the beginning of next year and will become the first hotel providing Dubai holidays by a Spanish hotel group in the Middle East, a growing market for both domestic tourism and business travel.
Providing ultra-deluxe Dubai holidays right at the heart of the emirate, the newly-built 5 star Meliá Dubai will be located in Al Raffa, Bur Dubai, opposite Port Rashid and in close proximity to the financial and cultural heart of Dubai, Heritage Villa, ideally positioned surrounded by the focus of the main tourism activity in the city.
As expected from luxury Dubai hotels in the area, the new hotel will feature 167 luxury rooms and suites, a haute cuisine restaurant, a Tapas Gastro Bar in-keeping with the Spanish roots of the hotel brand, a 24-hour Coffee Shop, an Euro-Asian fusion restaurant, sky bar, disco bar, energy bar, smoking lounge, business centre and 300 m2 for meetings and events. In addition to all this, for the ultimate spa experience during relaxing and pampering Dubai holidays, the Meliá Dubai will have its very own The Level Service and Spa.
In short, the Meliá Dubai will enjoy all of the services and facilities expected of the most international of the Sol Meliá hotel brands and will become a point of reference for the Spanish hotel industry in the region. Dubai is the second most important city in the United Arab Emirates, and is now the starting point for the first Spanish hotel group to operate in the Middle East. According to Gabriel Escarrer, Chief Executive Officer of Sol Meliá, Dubai holidays are: “an emerging destination which confirms the company growth aspirations in high potential, dynamic markets”
The announcement of the addition of the Meliá Dubai confirms the growth, expansion and geographical diversification strategy of the company, involving new openings in new holiday destinations such as China, Colombia, Cabo Verde or Crete, and the renovation, improvement and rejuvenation of the hotel portfolio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...