Sol Melia expanding in the Dubai holidays market
Having recently signed an agreement to manage its first ever property in the Middle East, the Spanish hotel chain group of Sol Melia hotels will soon be making their debut in the UAE with its new Melia Dubai hotel, due to open early next year in Dubai.
Expanding onto the blooming Dubai holidays market the Sol Meliá group of Spanish hotels is adding the United Arab Emirates as a new holiday region with the first ever addition of a Dubai property to their hotel portfolio. The new Meliá Dubai will be a luxury hotel scheduled to open at the beginning of next year and will become the first hotel providing Dubai holidays by a Spanish hotel group in the Middle East, a growing market for both domestic tourism and business travel.
Providing ultra-deluxe Dubai holidays right at the heart of the emirate, the newly-built 5 star Meliá Dubai will be located in Al Raffa, Bur Dubai, opposite Port Rashid and in close proximity to the financial and cultural heart of Dubai, Heritage Villa, ideally positioned surrounded by the focus of the main tourism activity in the city.
As expected from luxury Dubai hotels in the area, the new hotel will feature 167 luxury rooms and suites, a haute cuisine restaurant, a Tapas Gastro Bar in-keeping with the Spanish roots of the hotel brand, a 24-hour Coffee Shop, an Euro-Asian fusion restaurant, sky bar, disco bar, energy bar, smoking lounge, business centre and 300 m2 for meetings and events. In addition to all this, for the ultimate spa experience during relaxing and pampering Dubai holidays, the Meliá Dubai will have its very own The Level Service and Spa.
In short, the Meliá Dubai will enjoy all of the services and facilities expected of the most international of the Sol Meliá hotel brands and will become a point of reference for the Spanish hotel industry in the region. Dubai is the second most important city in the United Arab Emirates, and is now the starting point for the first Spanish hotel group to operate in the Middle East. According to Gabriel Escarrer, Chief Executive Officer of Sol Meliá, Dubai holidays are: “an emerging destination which confirms the company growth aspirations in high potential, dynamic markets”
The announcement of the addition of the Meliá Dubai confirms the growth, expansion and geographical diversification strategy of the company, involving new openings in new holiday destinations such as China, Colombia, Cabo Verde or Crete, and the renovation, improvement and rejuvenation of the hotel portfolio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...