Sol Melia expanding in the Dubai holidays market
Having recently signed an agreement to manage its first ever property in the Middle East, the Spanish hotel chain group of Sol Melia hotels will soon be making their debut in the UAE with its new Melia Dubai hotel, due to open early next year in Dubai.
Expanding onto the blooming Dubai holidays market the Sol Meliá group of Spanish hotels is adding the United Arab Emirates as a new holiday region with the first ever addition of a Dubai property to their hotel portfolio. The new Meliá Dubai will be a luxury hotel scheduled to open at the beginning of next year and will become the first hotel providing Dubai holidays by a Spanish hotel group in the Middle East, a growing market for both domestic tourism and business travel.
Providing ultra-deluxe Dubai holidays right at the heart of the emirate, the newly-built 5 star Meliá Dubai will be located in Al Raffa, Bur Dubai, opposite Port Rashid and in close proximity to the financial and cultural heart of Dubai, Heritage Villa, ideally positioned surrounded by the focus of the main tourism activity in the city.
As expected from luxury Dubai hotels in the area, the new hotel will feature 167 luxury rooms and suites, a haute cuisine restaurant, a Tapas Gastro Bar in-keeping with the Spanish roots of the hotel brand, a 24-hour Coffee Shop, an Euro-Asian fusion restaurant, sky bar, disco bar, energy bar, smoking lounge, business centre and 300 m2 for meetings and events. In addition to all this, for the ultimate spa experience during relaxing and pampering Dubai holidays, the Meliá Dubai will have its very own The Level Service and Spa.
In short, the Meliá Dubai will enjoy all of the services and facilities expected of the most international of the Sol Meliá hotel brands and will become a point of reference for the Spanish hotel industry in the region. Dubai is the second most important city in the United Arab Emirates, and is now the starting point for the first Spanish hotel group to operate in the Middle East. According to Gabriel Escarrer, Chief Executive Officer of Sol Meliá, Dubai holidays are: “an emerging destination which confirms the company growth aspirations in high potential, dynamic markets”
The announcement of the addition of the Meliá Dubai confirms the growth, expansion and geographical diversification strategy of the company, involving new openings in new holiday destinations such as China, Colombia, Cabo Verde or Crete, and the renovation, improvement and rejuvenation of the hotel portfolio.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...