Major National Park Plans will boost Eco Tourism in Barbados
Eco-friendly travellers taking Barbados holidays will be pleased of the recently announced news by the Barbados government that plans for a National Park which will stretch from the north to the east of the Caribbean island, are now a priority.
The Barbados Government has announced plans to develop a National Park on the stunning Caribbean island which will bring an increase in travellers enjoying green holidays and a welcome boost in eco-tourism in Barbados. The proposed new National Park would run from the north to the south of the island, from Archer's Bay in St Lucy, to Consett Bay in St John.
According to the Dr. Denis Lowe, the Minister of the Environment, Water Resources and Drainage, the National Park would strive to ensure that the development activities would use sustainable land management approaches during the process and residents will continue to enjoy a high quality of life with as little disruption as possible. Dr Lowe said:
"Accordingly, communities will be encouraged to boost their livelihoods in a way that is not detrimental to the local ecology, through the employment of a number of policy measures."
The Soil Conservation Unit was put in place by the Barbados government and has been operating for over 50 years in the Scotland District of Barbados. The project has been employing engineering techniques to monitor the soil integrity and stability in the district to enable the successful implementation of the proposed National Park.
The National Park will not only prove to be beneficial to local residents with the growth and development of fishing communities, but also to the island's tourism sector as it will attract an increase in nature loving and eco-friendly travellers to book Barbados holidays.
As well as white sandy pristine beaches, sparkling azure waters, endless water activities, luxury accommodation and an all year round tropical climate, tourists on holidays in Barbados will be able to enjoy nature activities including hiking and observation of wildlife species including flora and fauna of the National Park.
After turbulent times in the Caribbean travel sector over the last 12 months due to the global recession, flight strikes, and volcanic ash cloud chaos, the news of the proposed National Park is welcomed by many.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Taste delicious local cuisine at the poolside courtyard bistro
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- NEW! From October 2017 Enjoy complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Venture to the island of Barbados where pristine beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean await. To the south...