Grupo Mayan Resorts achieves Earthcheck certification for Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels
Leading hotel and resort chain, Grupo Mayan Resorts are proving their commitment to sustainable tourism at their Los Cabos, Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels by investing further resources into environmental procedures and achieve EarthCheck certification.
Grupo Mayan Resorts have succeeded in raising the bar for Green Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels by committing themselves to practicing environmental procedures and completing all three required steps to receive EarthCheck certification.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism and the award is granted to over 1000 hotels in more that 60 countries across the world. Certification is awarded after the three step process which involves affiliation, benchmarking (which indicates environmental impact and operational efficiency), and certification which is the last step once two onsite visits have been carried out.
Grupo Mayan Resorts has ensured that their Mexico and Riviera Maya hotels follow strict measures regarding energy and waste conservation, air and noise controls, and that the properties meet the sustainability practices and legislation criteria. The Grupo Mayan Resorts properties provide excellent Riviera Maya holidays for environmentally aware travellers from all over the world and set an example for other Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels to provide sustainable tourism solutions.
General Manager of the Vallarta Resort, Richard Vallin, said:
"What's great about Grupo Mayan is that they pair luxury with an eco-friendly mission. "We have played an instrumental role in the eco-tourism market here in Mexico by ensuring that our hotels are beneficial to the environment and the local community and economy as well."
Tourists on holidays in Cancun and Mexico can enjoy a range of green activities at the Grupo Mayan Resorts including protection of the marine turtle at the hotel group's Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels. From October until December, guests can witness and take part in the extraordinary experience of the sea turtle laying eggs on the beaches of the Mayan Palace Resort and then freeing them back into the sea once they are hatched.
The hotels and resorts feature green amenities and facilities including hotel rooms with water conserving toilets and showers, electricity saving levels for in-room air conditioning and lighting, special effective laundry agents which allow staff to wash lines at a lower temperature, and the use of recycled water to water the resort's golf greens.
Future environmental efforts will involve introducing solar heating systems to heat the resort's water and swimming pool facilities and environmentally- friendly LED lighting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...