Grupo Mayan Resorts achieves Earthcheck certification for Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels
Leading hotel and resort chain, Grupo Mayan Resorts are proving their commitment to sustainable tourism at their Los Cabos, Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels by investing further resources into environmental procedures and achieve EarthCheck certification.
Grupo Mayan Resorts have succeeded in raising the bar for Green Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels by committing themselves to practicing environmental procedures and completing all three required steps to receive EarthCheck certification.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism and the award is granted to over 1000 hotels in more that 60 countries across the world. Certification is awarded after the three step process which involves affiliation, benchmarking (which indicates environmental impact and operational efficiency), and certification which is the last step once two onsite visits have been carried out.
Grupo Mayan Resorts has ensured that their Mexico and Riviera Maya hotels follow strict measures regarding energy and waste conservation, air and noise controls, and that the properties meet the sustainability practices and legislation criteria. The Grupo Mayan Resorts properties provide excellent Riviera Maya holidays for environmentally aware travellers from all over the world and set an example for other Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels to provide sustainable tourism solutions.
General Manager of the Vallarta Resort, Richard Vallin, said:
"What's great about Grupo Mayan is that they pair luxury with an eco-friendly mission. "We have played an instrumental role in the eco-tourism market here in Mexico by ensuring that our hotels are beneficial to the environment and the local community and economy as well."
Tourists on holidays in Cancun and Mexico can enjoy a range of green activities at the Grupo Mayan Resorts including protection of the marine turtle at the hotel group's Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels. From October until December, guests can witness and take part in the extraordinary experience of the sea turtle laying eggs on the beaches of the Mayan Palace Resort and then freeing them back into the sea once they are hatched.
The hotels and resorts feature green amenities and facilities including hotel rooms with water conserving toilets and showers, electricity saving levels for in-room air conditioning and lighting, special effective laundry agents which allow staff to wash lines at a lower temperature, and the use of recycled water to water the resort's golf greens.
Future environmental efforts will involve introducing solar heating systems to heat the resort's water and swimming pool facilities and environmentally- friendly LED lighting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...