Grupo Mayan Resorts achieves Earthcheck certification for Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels
Leading hotel and resort chain, Grupo Mayan Resorts are proving their commitment to sustainable tourism at their Los Cabos, Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels by investing further resources into environmental procedures and achieve EarthCheck certification.
Grupo Mayan Resorts have succeeded in raising the bar for Green Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels by committing themselves to practicing environmental procedures and completing all three required steps to receive EarthCheck certification.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism and the award is granted to over 1000 hotels in more that 60 countries across the world. Certification is awarded after the three step process which involves affiliation, benchmarking (which indicates environmental impact and operational efficiency), and certification which is the last step once two onsite visits have been carried out.
Grupo Mayan Resorts has ensured that their Mexico and Riviera Maya hotels follow strict measures regarding energy and waste conservation, air and noise controls, and that the properties meet the sustainability practices and legislation criteria. The Grupo Mayan Resorts properties provide excellent Riviera Maya holidays for environmentally aware travellers from all over the world and set an example for other Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels to provide sustainable tourism solutions.
General Manager of the Vallarta Resort, Richard Vallin, said:
"What's great about Grupo Mayan is that they pair luxury with an eco-friendly mission. "We have played an instrumental role in the eco-tourism market here in Mexico by ensuring that our hotels are beneficial to the environment and the local community and economy as well."
Tourists on holidays in Cancun and Mexico can enjoy a range of green activities at the Grupo Mayan Resorts including protection of the marine turtle at the hotel group's Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels. From October until December, guests can witness and take part in the extraordinary experience of the sea turtle laying eggs on the beaches of the Mayan Palace Resort and then freeing them back into the sea once they are hatched.
The hotels and resorts feature green amenities and facilities including hotel rooms with water conserving toilets and showers, electricity saving levels for in-room air conditioning and lighting, special effective laundry agents which allow staff to wash lines at a lower temperature, and the use of recycled water to water the resort's golf greens.
Future environmental efforts will involve introducing solar heating systems to heat the resort's water and swimming pool facilities and environmentally- friendly LED lighting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...