International Tourism Conference to discuss the future of Cuba holidays to be held in Havana
The US-Cuba travel dilemma continues to drive much heated debate across all those interested from both sides. Travel agents and tour operators continue to speculate about the possibility of Cuba holidays for American citizens once the travel ban is lifted
Exploring the opening of Cuba holidays to the American travel and tourism market, the International Convention of Tourist Studies is scheduled to held in Havana, Cuba from 12th -16th July, 2010. Complete information and a registration form will be available in Spanish and English at cietcuba.com for those companies, businesses and organisations interested on Cuba hollidays and wishing to participate
As Cuba holidays are rapidly becoming a prime holiday destination in the Caribbean and a top choice for worldwide tourists who each year decide to take Caribbean holidays. The island registered a record-breaking number of 2.4 million visitors to the island last year. Specialists in the travel and tourism sector from all countries but the US can choose to attend to these seminars and conferences held around the subject of Cuba holidays, their present, their future and the many possibilities. American participation is currently hampered by regulations seeking to forbid Cuban organised academic conferences.
The rules were promulgated in 2004 by the Bush Administration for reasons of domestic politics and have not yet been modified by President Obama. However, according to the Washington Post, the White House had been "expected to further loosen remaining travel restrictions for all Americans" in April 2009.
The Hill newspaper reported more specifically that the original intent was to "allow U.S. citizens to travel to Cuba for cultural, academic and humanitarian purposes", but only unlimited Cuban American family reunion visits were authorized to avoid a battle with Cuban-American Senator Robert Menendez (D, NJ).
If the Administration does not finish the job by permitting all educational travel soon enough, qualified Americans can still legally travel to Cuba for purposes of full time professional research under a general license that does not require application.
The legislation in the US Congress (HR 4645, S 3112) that will finally restore to all Americans the right to legally take Cuba holidays has a reasonable chance of passage this summer.
Recent polls report that 61 to 67% of Americans favor the end of restrictions on Cuba travel and 33 to 38% wish to make the journey themselves.
Estimates are that 500,000 to one million US citizens will go in the first year after the ban is lifted and the numbers will grow substantially and quickly.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...