Manchester to get a taste of Egypt holidays as Jet2.com launches new Egypt route
The legendary low-cost leisure airline flying British passengers to over 40 popular holiday destinations in Europe and now in Africa too, has announced the launching of a new landmark flight to Hurghada, serving Egypt holidays for the first time ever.
Manchester Airport’s biggest scheduled leisure airline, Jet2.com, reaches a momentous milestone in its history with the launch of its 50th destination taking passengers to Egypt holidays in the popular beach resort of Hurghada. Flights to the divers paradise, which nestles on Egypt’s Red Sea coast will depart from Manchester airport from 15th October 2010. In addition Jet2holidays is also offering package Egypt holidays to the stunning coastal resort.
With Jet2 beginning operations to Hurghada and flying Manchester passengers to one of the most popular hotspots in the Egypt holidays market, Manchester Airport has firmly cemented itself as a key base for Jet2.com which has seen its operations from the airport grow by a massive 27% over the past year. Furthermore, the low fare, friendly airline now carries over one million passengers every year from Manchester with over 200 flights departing per week.
Philip Meeson, boss at Jet2.com, was happy to announce the new route taking passengers to Egypt holidays in Hurghada: “The airline’s 50th route is a considerable milestone in our history and I’m delighted that our customers in the North West will be able to take advantage of direct flights to Hurghada and the stunning Red Sea coast line. It is an extremely popular destination offering year-round sunshine, dazzling beaches and world-class diving and since it sits outside the Euro-Zone, offers fantastic value to those sun-seekers wanting to stretch their budgets that little bit further.
“Jet2.com has come a long way since our launch in 2003: from one base at Leeds Bradford Airport, we now offer 50 routes to a range of summer and winter sun, skiing and golfing destinations. The launch of our new Hurghada and Bodrum services is great news for Manchester and we are heavily focused on providing our customers in the region with the very best in choice and value....watch this space for further announcements!”
Meanwhile Steve Heapy, Managing Director of Jet2holidays added: “We are thrilled to add Hurghada and Bodrum to our existing range of 30 holiday destinations. With our extensive offering of 2 star self-catering to 5 * luxury all-inclusive accommodation, including transfers and fantastic flight times, there really is something for everyone. The launch of these new routes happily coincides with the release of our all-new Jet2holidays brochure, which will be hitting shelves from next week and will also be available to view online from 3rd June. I hope people all over the North West will pick up a copy at their local travel agent and see what we have to offer!”
Andrew Cornish, Managing Director for Manchester Airport, also commented: "Jet2.com are an increasingly strong operator from our airport and we’re very pleased to see more routes being brought on-line today to Hurghada and Bodrum. We’ve seen big expansion plans from many of our airlines this year and Jet2.com have been at the forefront of our development for over five years. They continue to offer a great choice of destinations to users of Manchester Airport."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...