Manchester to get a taste of Egypt holidays as Jet2.com launches new Egypt route
The legendary low-cost leisure airline flying British passengers to over 40 popular holiday destinations in Europe and now in Africa too, has announced the launching of a new landmark flight to Hurghada, serving Egypt holidays for the first time ever.
Manchester Airport’s biggest scheduled leisure airline, Jet2.com, reaches a momentous milestone in its history with the launch of its 50th destination taking passengers to Egypt holidays in the popular beach resort of Hurghada. Flights to the divers paradise, which nestles on Egypt’s Red Sea coast will depart from Manchester airport from 15th October 2010. In addition Jet2holidays is also offering package Egypt holidays to the stunning coastal resort.
With Jet2 beginning operations to Hurghada and flying Manchester passengers to one of the most popular hotspots in the Egypt holidays market, Manchester Airport has firmly cemented itself as a key base for Jet2.com which has seen its operations from the airport grow by a massive 27% over the past year. Furthermore, the low fare, friendly airline now carries over one million passengers every year from Manchester with over 200 flights departing per week.
Philip Meeson, boss at Jet2.com, was happy to announce the new route taking passengers to Egypt holidays in Hurghada: “The airline’s 50th route is a considerable milestone in our history and I’m delighted that our customers in the North West will be able to take advantage of direct flights to Hurghada and the stunning Red Sea coast line. It is an extremely popular destination offering year-round sunshine, dazzling beaches and world-class diving and since it sits outside the Euro-Zone, offers fantastic value to those sun-seekers wanting to stretch their budgets that little bit further.
“Jet2.com has come a long way since our launch in 2003: from one base at Leeds Bradford Airport, we now offer 50 routes to a range of summer and winter sun, skiing and golfing destinations. The launch of our new Hurghada and Bodrum services is great news for Manchester and we are heavily focused on providing our customers in the region with the very best in choice and value....watch this space for further announcements!”
Meanwhile Steve Heapy, Managing Director of Jet2holidays added: “We are thrilled to add Hurghada and Bodrum to our existing range of 30 holiday destinations. With our extensive offering of 2 star self-catering to 5 * luxury all-inclusive accommodation, including transfers and fantastic flight times, there really is something for everyone. The launch of these new routes happily coincides with the release of our all-new Jet2holidays brochure, which will be hitting shelves from next week and will also be available to view online from 3rd June. I hope people all over the North West will pick up a copy at their local travel agent and see what we have to offer!”
Andrew Cornish, Managing Director for Manchester Airport, also commented: "Jet2.com are an increasingly strong operator from our airport and we’re very pleased to see more routes being brought on-line today to Hurghada and Bodrum. We’ve seen big expansion plans from many of our airlines this year and Jet2.com have been at the forefront of our development for over five years. They continue to offer a great choice of destinations to users of Manchester Airport."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...