Manchester to get a taste of Egypt holidays as Jet2.com launches new Egypt route
The legendary low-cost leisure airline flying British passengers to over 40 popular holiday destinations in Europe and now in Africa too, has announced the launching of a new landmark flight to Hurghada, serving Egypt holidays for the first time ever.
Manchester Airport’s biggest scheduled leisure airline, Jet2.com, reaches a momentous milestone in its history with the launch of its 50th destination taking passengers to Egypt holidays in the popular beach resort of Hurghada. Flights to the divers paradise, which nestles on Egypt’s Red Sea coast will depart from Manchester airport from 15th October 2010. In addition Jet2holidays is also offering package Egypt holidays to the stunning coastal resort.
With Jet2 beginning operations to Hurghada and flying Manchester passengers to one of the most popular hotspots in the Egypt holidays market, Manchester Airport has firmly cemented itself as a key base for Jet2.com which has seen its operations from the airport grow by a massive 27% over the past year. Furthermore, the low fare, friendly airline now carries over one million passengers every year from Manchester with over 200 flights departing per week.
Philip Meeson, boss at Jet2.com, was happy to announce the new route taking passengers to Egypt holidays in Hurghada: “The airline’s 50th route is a considerable milestone in our history and I’m delighted that our customers in the North West will be able to take advantage of direct flights to Hurghada and the stunning Red Sea coast line. It is an extremely popular destination offering year-round sunshine, dazzling beaches and world-class diving and since it sits outside the Euro-Zone, offers fantastic value to those sun-seekers wanting to stretch their budgets that little bit further.
“Jet2.com has come a long way since our launch in 2003: from one base at Leeds Bradford Airport, we now offer 50 routes to a range of summer and winter sun, skiing and golfing destinations. The launch of our new Hurghada and Bodrum services is great news for Manchester and we are heavily focused on providing our customers in the region with the very best in choice and value....watch this space for further announcements!”
Meanwhile Steve Heapy, Managing Director of Jet2holidays added: “We are thrilled to add Hurghada and Bodrum to our existing range of 30 holiday destinations. With our extensive offering of 2 star self-catering to 5 * luxury all-inclusive accommodation, including transfers and fantastic flight times, there really is something for everyone. The launch of these new routes happily coincides with the release of our all-new Jet2holidays brochure, which will be hitting shelves from next week and will also be available to view online from 3rd June. I hope people all over the North West will pick up a copy at their local travel agent and see what we have to offer!”
Andrew Cornish, Managing Director for Manchester Airport, also commented: "Jet2.com are an increasingly strong operator from our airport and we’re very pleased to see more routes being brought on-line today to Hurghada and Bodrum. We’ve seen big expansion plans from many of our airlines this year and Jet2.com have been at the forefront of our development for over five years. They continue to offer a great choice of destinations to users of Manchester Airport."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...