Cuba holidays for those attending Vietnam Film Week in Havana
Vietnamese visitors travelling to Havana for the screening of the Vietnamese film 'Don't Burn' during the Vietnam Film Week Festival being held in the city will be treated to fabulous Cuba holidays with a series of planned tours and events.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in June could be attending the Vietnam Film Week, which will be taking place on the island in its capital city of Havana.
According to a VietnamPlus article posted on Saigon Daily, the opening movie has now been chosen and is likely to entertain many of the travellers who will be on a special tour to Havana between the first and fifth of the month. Flying out to Cuba holidays as part of the Vietnam Culture Week, many Vietnamese tourists will be able to take in the wonders of Havana city while attending the festival.
Dung Dot - translated as Don't Burn - is directed by Dang Nhat Minh and is the movie that will kick-start the festival, alongside other pictures from noted filmmakers such as Nguyen Vinh Son and Pham Nhue Giang.
The Vietnam Film Week in Havana is part of this year’s cultural activities to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-Cuba diplomatic ties, founded on 2nd December, 1950.
Apart from “Dung dot”, other famous films of Vietnam, including “Chuyen cua Pao” (Pao’s story) directed by Ngo Quang Khai, “Trang noi day gieng” (The moon at the bottom of the well) by Nguyen Vinh Son and “Thung lung hoang vang” (The deserted valley) by Pham Nhue Giang will also be shown in Cuba on this occasion.
According to the Granma daily of the Communist Party of Cuba, “Dung dot” was the best movie of Vietnam’s cinematography in 2009 which won six Golden Kite Awards.
Culture vultures on their way to Cuba holidays during this week could also take the time check out the International Poetry Festival, which lasts until 30th May and takes place in many municipalities across Havana's outer cities including Bejucal, San Jose de las Lajas and Artemisa.
Cubarte has also reported that the 28th of this month of May is exclusively reserved for a day devoted to Havana, while readings, various events and things to see and do will be on offer throughout the city for those on Cuba holidays to get a real taste of the country's legendary capital.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...