Cuba holidays for those attending Vietnam Film Week in Havana
Vietnamese visitors travelling to Havana for the screening of the Vietnamese film 'Don't Burn' during the Vietnam Film Week Festival being held in the city will be treated to fabulous Cuba holidays with a series of planned tours and events.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in June could be attending the Vietnam Film Week, which will be taking place on the island in its capital city of Havana.
According to a VietnamPlus article posted on Saigon Daily, the opening movie has now been chosen and is likely to entertain many of the travellers who will be on a special tour to Havana between the first and fifth of the month. Flying out to Cuba holidays as part of the Vietnam Culture Week, many Vietnamese tourists will be able to take in the wonders of Havana city while attending the festival.
Dung Dot - translated as Don't Burn - is directed by Dang Nhat Minh and is the movie that will kick-start the festival, alongside other pictures from noted filmmakers such as Nguyen Vinh Son and Pham Nhue Giang.
The Vietnam Film Week in Havana is part of this year’s cultural activities to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-Cuba diplomatic ties, founded on 2nd December, 1950.
Apart from “Dung dot”, other famous films of Vietnam, including “Chuyen cua Pao” (Pao’s story) directed by Ngo Quang Khai, “Trang noi day gieng” (The moon at the bottom of the well) by Nguyen Vinh Son and “Thung lung hoang vang” (The deserted valley) by Pham Nhue Giang will also be shown in Cuba on this occasion.
According to the Granma daily of the Communist Party of Cuba, “Dung dot” was the best movie of Vietnam’s cinematography in 2009 which won six Golden Kite Awards.
Culture vultures on their way to Cuba holidays during this week could also take the time check out the International Poetry Festival, which lasts until 30th May and takes place in many municipalities across Havana's outer cities including Bejucal, San Jose de las Lajas and Artemisa.
Cubarte has also reported that the 28th of this month of May is exclusively reserved for a day devoted to Havana, while readings, various events and things to see and do will be on offer throughout the city for those on Cuba holidays to get a real taste of the country's legendary capital.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...