Cuba holidays for those attending Vietnam Film Week in Havana
Vietnamese visitors travelling to Havana for the screening of the Vietnamese film 'Don't Burn' during the Vietnam Film Week Festival being held in the city will be treated to fabulous Cuba holidays with a series of planned tours and events.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in June could be attending the Vietnam Film Week, which will be taking place on the island in its capital city of Havana.
According to a VietnamPlus article posted on Saigon Daily, the opening movie has now been chosen and is likely to entertain many of the travellers who will be on a special tour to Havana between the first and fifth of the month. Flying out to Cuba holidays as part of the Vietnam Culture Week, many Vietnamese tourists will be able to take in the wonders of Havana city while attending the festival.
Dung Dot - translated as Don't Burn - is directed by Dang Nhat Minh and is the movie that will kick-start the festival, alongside other pictures from noted filmmakers such as Nguyen Vinh Son and Pham Nhue Giang.
The Vietnam Film Week in Havana is part of this year’s cultural activities to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-Cuba diplomatic ties, founded on 2nd December, 1950.
Apart from “Dung dot”, other famous films of Vietnam, including “Chuyen cua Pao” (Pao’s story) directed by Ngo Quang Khai, “Trang noi day gieng” (The moon at the bottom of the well) by Nguyen Vinh Son and “Thung lung hoang vang” (The deserted valley) by Pham Nhue Giang will also be shown in Cuba on this occasion.
According to the Granma daily of the Communist Party of Cuba, “Dung dot” was the best movie of Vietnam’s cinematography in 2009 which won six Golden Kite Awards.
Culture vultures on their way to Cuba holidays during this week could also take the time check out the International Poetry Festival, which lasts until 30th May and takes place in many municipalities across Havana's outer cities including Bejucal, San Jose de las Lajas and Artemisa.
Cubarte has also reported that the 28th of this month of May is exclusively reserved for a day devoted to Havana, while readings, various events and things to see and do will be on offer throughout the city for those on Cuba holidays to get a real taste of the country's legendary capital.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...