Cuba holidays for those attending Vietnam Film Week in Havana
Vietnamese visitors travelling to Havana for the screening of the Vietnamese film 'Don't Burn' during the Vietnam Film Week Festival being held in the city will be treated to fabulous Cuba holidays with a series of planned tours and events.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in June could be attending the Vietnam Film Week, which will be taking place on the island in its capital city of Havana.
According to a VietnamPlus article posted on Saigon Daily, the opening movie has now been chosen and is likely to entertain many of the travellers who will be on a special tour to Havana between the first and fifth of the month. Flying out to Cuba holidays as part of the Vietnam Culture Week, many Vietnamese tourists will be able to take in the wonders of Havana city while attending the festival.
Dung Dot - translated as Don't Burn - is directed by Dang Nhat Minh and is the movie that will kick-start the festival, alongside other pictures from noted filmmakers such as Nguyen Vinh Son and Pham Nhue Giang.
The Vietnam Film Week in Havana is part of this year’s cultural activities to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-Cuba diplomatic ties, founded on 2nd December, 1950.
Apart from “Dung dot”, other famous films of Vietnam, including “Chuyen cua Pao” (Pao’s story) directed by Ngo Quang Khai, “Trang noi day gieng” (The moon at the bottom of the well) by Nguyen Vinh Son and “Thung lung hoang vang” (The deserted valley) by Pham Nhue Giang will also be shown in Cuba on this occasion.
According to the Granma daily of the Communist Party of Cuba, “Dung dot” was the best movie of Vietnam’s cinematography in 2009 which won six Golden Kite Awards.
Culture vultures on their way to Cuba holidays during this week could also take the time check out the International Poetry Festival, which lasts until 30th May and takes place in many municipalities across Havana's outer cities including Bejucal, San Jose de las Lajas and Artemisa.
Cubarte has also reported that the 28th of this month of May is exclusively reserved for a day devoted to Havana, while readings, various events and things to see and do will be on offer throughout the city for those on Cuba holidays to get a real taste of the country's legendary capital.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...