German Travel Agents Promoting Cuba holidays
During this year's edition of the Forum for Travel Agents, Europe's largest tour operator (TUI) took German travel agents to Cuba holidays with the main aim of promoting this Caribbean destination among German travellers.
Since las week Cuba holidays are being given intensive promotion at the hands of expert German travel agents who have landed on the country to carry out promotional work. Some 900 German travel agents visited Cuba for a week, invited by the tour operator TUI, in order to get to this popular Caribbean holiday destination and improve its promotion, local media said today.
The visit to promote Cuba holidays, which ended just yestereday on Tuesday 25th May, was part of TUI Inside 2010, an annual forum organised by the largest European tour operator, based in the German city of Hannover.
The programme had among its main objectives to teach travel operators about Cuba holidays and their unique appeal, exploring the island's unique attributes and main attractions. The journey through Cuba holidays included excursions to tourist resorts in Cayo Santa Maria, Varadero and Havana, while staying at many of the Cuba hotels from Spanish hotel group Sol Melia.
"The workers participating travel agencies will surely increase sales of trips to Cuba," the responsible for the event, Katrin May told Cuban television explaining how this learning trips strenghtened travel agents' knowledge about the island and its many tourism offerings.
While the previous edition of the forum for travel agents was held in Andalusia in southern Spain, this one marked a shift in the growing trend for European travellers to take long-haul destinations, especially when heading to Cuba holidays, a destination that has been steadily growing and gaining popularity among European travellers.
Germany is the largest source market of tourists in the world but ranks only fifth among the European countries that send travellers to Cuba. Of the 2.4 million people visited the Greater Antilles in 2009, only some 93,000 were German, some 7,000 less than last year.
According to industry experts, before the economic crisis the German tourism was gradually moving away from the Caribbean and increasingly preferring destinations closer sun and sand in Europe so it was important to take this opportunity to show them how Cuba holidays comprised so much more than just sand and beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...