German Travel Agents Promoting Cuba holidays
During this year's edition of the Forum for Travel Agents, Europe's largest tour operator (TUI) took German travel agents to Cuba holidays with the main aim of promoting this Caribbean destination among German travellers.
Since las week Cuba holidays are being given intensive promotion at the hands of expert German travel agents who have landed on the country to carry out promotional work. Some 900 German travel agents visited Cuba for a week, invited by the tour operator TUI, in order to get to this popular Caribbean holiday destination and improve its promotion, local media said today.
The visit to promote Cuba holidays, which ended just yestereday on Tuesday 25th May, was part of TUI Inside 2010, an annual forum organised by the largest European tour operator, based in the German city of Hannover.
The programme had among its main objectives to teach travel operators about Cuba holidays and their unique appeal, exploring the island's unique attributes and main attractions. The journey through Cuba holidays included excursions to tourist resorts in Cayo Santa Maria, Varadero and Havana, while staying at many of the Cuba hotels from Spanish hotel group Sol Melia.
"The workers participating travel agencies will surely increase sales of trips to Cuba," the responsible for the event, Katrin May told Cuban television explaining how this learning trips strenghtened travel agents' knowledge about the island and its many tourism offerings.
While the previous edition of the forum for travel agents was held in Andalusia in southern Spain, this one marked a shift in the growing trend for European travellers to take long-haul destinations, especially when heading to Cuba holidays, a destination that has been steadily growing and gaining popularity among European travellers.
Germany is the largest source market of tourists in the world but ranks only fifth among the European countries that send travellers to Cuba. Of the 2.4 million people visited the Greater Antilles in 2009, only some 93,000 were German, some 7,000 less than last year.
According to industry experts, before the economic crisis the German tourism was gradually moving away from the Caribbean and increasingly preferring destinations closer sun and sand in Europe so it was important to take this opportunity to show them how Cuba holidays comprised so much more than just sand and beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...