German Travel Agents Promoting Cuba holidays
During this year's edition of the Forum for Travel Agents, Europe's largest tour operator (TUI) took German travel agents to Cuba holidays with the main aim of promoting this Caribbean destination among German travellers.
Since las week Cuba holidays are being given intensive promotion at the hands of expert German travel agents who have landed on the country to carry out promotional work. Some 900 German travel agents visited Cuba for a week, invited by the tour operator TUI, in order to get to this popular Caribbean holiday destination and improve its promotion, local media said today.
The visit to promote Cuba holidays, which ended just yestereday on Tuesday 25th May, was part of TUI Inside 2010, an annual forum organised by the largest European tour operator, based in the German city of Hannover.
The programme had among its main objectives to teach travel operators about Cuba holidays and their unique appeal, exploring the island's unique attributes and main attractions. The journey through Cuba holidays included excursions to tourist resorts in Cayo Santa Maria, Varadero and Havana, while staying at many of the Cuba hotels from Spanish hotel group Sol Melia.
"The workers participating travel agencies will surely increase sales of trips to Cuba," the responsible for the event, Katrin May told Cuban television explaining how this learning trips strenghtened travel agents' knowledge about the island and its many tourism offerings.
While the previous edition of the forum for travel agents was held in Andalusia in southern Spain, this one marked a shift in the growing trend for European travellers to take long-haul destinations, especially when heading to Cuba holidays, a destination that has been steadily growing and gaining popularity among European travellers.
Germany is the largest source market of tourists in the world but ranks only fifth among the European countries that send travellers to Cuba. Of the 2.4 million people visited the Greater Antilles in 2009, only some 93,000 were German, some 7,000 less than last year.
According to industry experts, before the economic crisis the German tourism was gradually moving away from the Caribbean and increasingly preferring destinations closer sun and sand in Europe so it was important to take this opportunity to show them how Cuba holidays comprised so much more than just sand and beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...