German Travel Agents Promoting Cuba holidays
During this year's edition of the Forum for Travel Agents, Europe's largest tour operator (TUI) took German travel agents to Cuba holidays with the main aim of promoting this Caribbean destination among German travellers.
Since las week Cuba holidays are being given intensive promotion at the hands of expert German travel agents who have landed on the country to carry out promotional work. Some 900 German travel agents visited Cuba for a week, invited by the tour operator TUI, in order to get to this popular Caribbean holiday destination and improve its promotion, local media said today.
The visit to promote Cuba holidays, which ended just yestereday on Tuesday 25th May, was part of TUI Inside 2010, an annual forum organised by the largest European tour operator, based in the German city of Hannover.
The programme had among its main objectives to teach travel operators about Cuba holidays and their unique appeal, exploring the island's unique attributes and main attractions. The journey through Cuba holidays included excursions to tourist resorts in Cayo Santa Maria, Varadero and Havana, while staying at many of the Cuba hotels from Spanish hotel group Sol Melia.
"The workers participating travel agencies will surely increase sales of trips to Cuba," the responsible for the event, Katrin May told Cuban television explaining how this learning trips strenghtened travel agents' knowledge about the island and its many tourism offerings.
While the previous edition of the forum for travel agents was held in Andalusia in southern Spain, this one marked a shift in the growing trend for European travellers to take long-haul destinations, especially when heading to Cuba holidays, a destination that has been steadily growing and gaining popularity among European travellers.
Germany is the largest source market of tourists in the world but ranks only fifth among the European countries that send travellers to Cuba. Of the 2.4 million people visited the Greater Antilles in 2009, only some 93,000 were German, some 7,000 less than last year.
According to industry experts, before the economic crisis the German tourism was gradually moving away from the Caribbean and increasingly preferring destinations closer sun and sand in Europe so it was important to take this opportunity to show them how Cuba holidays comprised so much more than just sand and beach.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...