Mauritius holidays sales increases by 7.4 percent during first quarter of 2010
The number of tourists booking Mauritius holidays has increased during the first quarter of 2010 as tourism revenues rise by 7.4 percent compared to the same period last year, showing that the region is recovering from the effects of the global recession.
The Central Statics Office (CSO) has revealed that Mauritius tourism revenues have increased by 7.4 percent for the first quarter of this year reaching 11.0 billion Mauritius rupees ($326.9 million).The figures were compared to the same period as last year and show that the number of European travellers taking Mauritius holidays has increased by 5.9 percent to over 172,500 arrivals with a sharp increase of visitors from Italy and France. Despite the increase in Europe travellers enjoying Mauritius holidays, the number of UK travellers has fallen.
According to statistics, the number of tourists enjoying Seychelles holidays, Mauritius' closest rivals, between 1 January and 16 may this year has risen by 13 percent compared to the same time in 2009. Some hotel groups are concerned that the current state of the Euro, many Mauritius hotels' main trading currency, will affect revenue figures this year, despite the increase in visitor numbers to the island.
Last year, the global recession affected the luxury travel industry significantly and Mauritius saw a decline in visitors and tourism revenue as consumer spending habits changed and heavy discounts were put in place to attract travellers on Mauritius holidays.
New Mauritius Hotels group ranked among the most traded stocks on the island but have said the outlook looks uncertain as they announce a 25 percent fall in first quarter profits and uncertainty with the euro and the British pound.
The beautiful Indian Ocean island is famous for its array of luxury spas, hotels and resorts which accommodate travellers from all over the world. The white pristine beaches, sparkling waters, and warm climate make Mauritius one of the most luxury idyllic islands in the worlds.
A popular destination for weddings abroad and luxury honeymoons, Mauritius features unique accommodation and facilities ranging from water villas and beach villas, to infinity swimming pools, with all inclusive resorts offering pampering spas full of rejuvenating treatments and natural products creating the ultimate relaxing experience for guests enjoying Mauritius holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...