Mauritius holidays sales increases by 7.4 percent during first quarter of 2010
The number of tourists booking Mauritius holidays has increased during the first quarter of 2010 as tourism revenues rise by 7.4 percent compared to the same period last year, showing that the region is recovering from the effects of the global recession.
The Central Statics Office (CSO) has revealed that Mauritius tourism revenues have increased by 7.4 percent for the first quarter of this year reaching 11.0 billion Mauritius rupees ($326.9 million).The figures were compared to the same period as last year and show that the number of European travellers taking Mauritius holidays has increased by 5.9 percent to over 172,500 arrivals with a sharp increase of visitors from Italy and France. Despite the increase in Europe travellers enjoying Mauritius holidays, the number of UK travellers has fallen.
According to statistics, the number of tourists enjoying Seychelles holidays, Mauritius' closest rivals, between 1 January and 16 may this year has risen by 13 percent compared to the same time in 2009. Some hotel groups are concerned that the current state of the Euro, many Mauritius hotels' main trading currency, will affect revenue figures this year, despite the increase in visitor numbers to the island.
Last year, the global recession affected the luxury travel industry significantly and Mauritius saw a decline in visitors and tourism revenue as consumer spending habits changed and heavy discounts were put in place to attract travellers on Mauritius holidays.
New Mauritius Hotels group ranked among the most traded stocks on the island but have said the outlook looks uncertain as they announce a 25 percent fall in first quarter profits and uncertainty with the euro and the British pound.
The beautiful Indian Ocean island is famous for its array of luxury spas, hotels and resorts which accommodate travellers from all over the world. The white pristine beaches, sparkling waters, and warm climate make Mauritius one of the most luxury idyllic islands in the worlds.
A popular destination for weddings abroad and luxury honeymoons, Mauritius features unique accommodation and facilities ranging from water villas and beach villas, to infinity swimming pools, with all inclusive resorts offering pampering spas full of rejuvenating treatments and natural products creating the ultimate relaxing experience for guests enjoying Mauritius holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
An Exotic Escape at the beachfront Ambre Hotel in Belle Mare comes at an affordable price - it's too good to resist...
- Watersports includes Wind-surfing, kayaks,laser sails, glass-bottom boat trips and snorkelling
- Free Golf Included in your Holiday at Le Touessrok
- Excellent kids club with fun programmes for the little one open twelve hours a day
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...