Best Western plans to make a move on the Cuba holiday market as "the hottest Caribbean holiday destination"
Thinking ahead and getting ready for when the U.S embargo on Cuba is finally lifted, Best Western is already eyeing the profitable travel market of Cuba holidays with the intention of investing in Cuba's tourism sector as soon as made possible.
Encouraged by the fact that Cuba holidays seem to be at their best momentum, enjoying a massive success with a whopping number of more than 2.4 million tourists who visited the island in 2009, up 3.3 % from 2008’s record, the American giant hotelier Best Western has set its eye on investing in the island's blooming holiday market once (and if) the American embargo is lifted.
Already speculating about the many possibilites free Cuba travel could pose for the American travel market, Best Western is keenly awaiting for change. Public opinion polls in the U.S. indicated that two-thirds of travellers, including 55 % of Cuban-Americans favour an end to all restrictions on travel to Cuba and visiting the island for leisure purposes and Cuba holidays.
The Travel Restriction Reform and Export Enhancement Act, currently prohibits the U.S. president from regulating travel to and from Cuba and liberalise agricultural trade. The ending of such tight restrictions and measures could be brought to a vote in the House of Representatives as early as July 2010, and many travel companies across the pond are watching expectantly. If the bill were to pass the House, it will be attached to a Senate appropriations bill and, if approved, would go to President Obama, who already has said he would sign it into law. This would open travel to Cuba for all U.S. citizens from as soon as 2011, and the island already expects a massive invasion of Americans going on Cuba holidays as soon as this happens.
Speaking about the future of U.S relations with other countries a statement read “There’s a growing sense in the business community that if we’re going to trade with North Korea, Vietnam, Russia and some countries in the Middle East, why aren’t we trading with Cuba?” said Thomas J. Donahue, president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (back in 2001) “People are asking fundamental questions about a policy that’s clearly illogical”.
A report entitled, “Cuba at the Crossroads: The Role of the U.S. Hospitality Industry in Cuba Tourism Initiatives” published by Cornell University Research back in 2007 stated:
“The process of rapprochement can only start with the lifting of the U.S. embargo on Cuba. To that end, we encourage U.S. hospitality business interests of all types to urge the executive branch and Congress to eliminate the embargo, which has arguably outlived its original purpose…
"We see a historic opportunity for profitable investment in a “new Cuba”… we contend that now is the time to advance prescriptive, forward-thinking insight designed to shift the thinking of the U.S. business community about Cuba and, in so doing, shift the thinking of the Cuban government, businesses, and people about their neighbours to the worth.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...