Expansion for Leela Hotels, Palaces & Resorts with more India hotels
The prestigious luxury hotel group Leela Hotels, Palaces & Resorts has recently expanded its presented in the India luxury holidays market with the planned opening of two new deluxe 5-star properties in New Delhi and Chennai by 2011.
One of the finest luxury hotel groups in India offering exclusive India holidays across a special collection of top class India hotels and resorts, is also one of the country's fastest growing upscale brands. Just last year, The Leela Hotels, Palaces & Resorts opened two new five-star properties in Udaipur and Gurgaon, and soon it will be adding a new luxury hotel in New Delhi by autumnn and another in Chennai in 2011. Showing no signs of slowing down in the blooming India holidays market, over the next few years the resort has plans to open 4 more luxury hotels in Agra, Hyderabad, Pune and Lake Ashtamudi in Kerala which will join the original 4- times award-winning properties for luxury holidays in Bangalore, refined beach holidays Goa and upscale luxury hotels in Kovalam (Kerala) and Mumbai.
Now the group’s most ambitious project to date, The Leela Palace Kempinski New Delhi will be debuting right in time for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in October to provide luxury holidays to guests attending the games. Conveniently located near all the main business and leisurre attractions in Delhi, The Leela will be close to all of the city’s historic monuments as well as its embassies and corporate offices. With 260 expansive rooms and suites, The Leela will have four restaurants serving Indian, Japanese (India’s first Megu) and Italian cuisine, two bars, an ESPA spa, a fitness center and a heated roof-top swimming pool.
Sprawling along 550 square feet of space, the luxury guestrooms will come fully equipped with large business desks, two-line IP phones, Sony high-definition LCD televisions with Blue-Ray players, Boise iPod docks, broadband high-speed Internet access, Wi-Fi and phones and TVs in all bathrooms. In addition to this, more than 10,000 square feet of meetings facilities will be spread over 2 ballrooms and 8 meeting rooms and boardrooms.
Scheduled to open its doors in 2011, The Leela Palace Kempinski Chennai will be the first on the city’s seafront overlooking the Bay of Bengal. Set on six acres on the beach and with a design inspired by the nearby Chettinad Palace, The Leela will be Chennai’s largest business hotel boasting 360 suites and rooms as well as extensive meeting facilities.
Being renowned for having some of the largest guest rooms in India, the Leela brand features anything could ever need for top of the range luxury holidays in India, including state-of-the-art spas, excellent cuisine and cutting-edge business facilities. The company has also made a serious commitment to preserving the environment with 3 of their hotels being tranquil green oases in the heart of bustling cities, while the resort properties are surrounded by acres of palm trees and exotic tropical flowers.
“As the Indian economy rebounds and the influx of international business and leisure travelers continues to come to India, we will see a demand and growth in the luxury premium category. We see this as a tremendous growth opportunity and have invested heavily in the country’s various destinations,” said Vivek Nair, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, The Leela Palace Hotels and Resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...