Expansion for Leela Hotels, Palaces & Resorts with more India hotels
The prestigious luxury hotel group Leela Hotels, Palaces & Resorts has recently expanded its presented in the India luxury holidays market with the planned opening of two new deluxe 5-star properties in New Delhi and Chennai by 2011.
One of the finest luxury hotel groups in India offering exclusive India holidays across a special collection of top class India hotels and resorts, is also one of the country's fastest growing upscale brands. Just last year, The Leela Hotels, Palaces & Resorts opened two new five-star properties in Udaipur and Gurgaon, and soon it will be adding a new luxury hotel in New Delhi by autumnn and another in Chennai in 2011. Showing no signs of slowing down in the blooming India holidays market, over the next few years the resort has plans to open 4 more luxury hotels in Agra, Hyderabad, Pune and Lake Ashtamudi in Kerala which will join the original 4- times award-winning properties for luxury holidays in Bangalore, refined beach holidays Goa and upscale luxury hotels in Kovalam (Kerala) and Mumbai.
Now the group’s most ambitious project to date, The Leela Palace Kempinski New Delhi will be debuting right in time for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in October to provide luxury holidays to guests attending the games. Conveniently located near all the main business and leisurre attractions in Delhi, The Leela will be close to all of the city’s historic monuments as well as its embassies and corporate offices. With 260 expansive rooms and suites, The Leela will have four restaurants serving Indian, Japanese (India’s first Megu) and Italian cuisine, two bars, an ESPA spa, a fitness center and a heated roof-top swimming pool.
Sprawling along 550 square feet of space, the luxury guestrooms will come fully equipped with large business desks, two-line IP phones, Sony high-definition LCD televisions with Blue-Ray players, Boise iPod docks, broadband high-speed Internet access, Wi-Fi and phones and TVs in all bathrooms. In addition to this, more than 10,000 square feet of meetings facilities will be spread over 2 ballrooms and 8 meeting rooms and boardrooms.
Scheduled to open its doors in 2011, The Leela Palace Kempinski Chennai will be the first on the city’s seafront overlooking the Bay of Bengal. Set on six acres on the beach and with a design inspired by the nearby Chettinad Palace, The Leela will be Chennai’s largest business hotel boasting 360 suites and rooms as well as extensive meeting facilities.
Being renowned for having some of the largest guest rooms in India, the Leela brand features anything could ever need for top of the range luxury holidays in India, including state-of-the-art spas, excellent cuisine and cutting-edge business facilities. The company has also made a serious commitment to preserving the environment with 3 of their hotels being tranquil green oases in the heart of bustling cities, while the resort properties are surrounded by acres of palm trees and exotic tropical flowers.
“As the Indian economy rebounds and the influx of international business and leisure travelers continues to come to India, we will see a demand and growth in the luxury premium category. We see this as a tremendous growth opportunity and have invested heavily in the country’s various destinations,” said Vivek Nair, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, The Leela Palace Hotels and Resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...