Dealchecker.co.uk reports Cuba holidays to be "The Next Holiday Destination"
The popular travel comparison site, dealchecker.co.uk has recently published a resort in which they predict Cuba holidays to become one of the most sought-after holiday destinations in the Caribbean, as reflected by the increasing interest on the island.
It's no secret that Cuba has been quietly and steadily getting its tourism act together for several years now, and now it looks like summer 2010 is set to become the biggest year so far for Cuba holidays, according to a statement published by UK website dealchecker.co.uk.
Having been closed to the outside world during the early years of the revolution, Cuba has (for a while now) been opening its doors to tourism and it seems that travellers are more than eager to flock there in droves. And with the weather being fantastic all-year-round and the people wonderfully warm and friendly, it's no wonder Cuba holidays are becoming the next big thing in the Caribbean holiday market. To top it all, enhancing the Cuba holiday experience for many travellers is the fact that everywhere you go the air is filled with music and the atmosphere has an intoxicating vibrancy.
Of course the fact that the country also is the largest island in the West Indies and the fact that this peculiar country is located in the Caribbean, provides a delightful backdrop to all this, and low cost flights to Cuba have made Cuba holidays much more accessible to a large group of travellers. “Not so long ago, Cuba was a pretty low profile destination, perhaps suffering somewhat because of its communist status,” explains cheap flights and low cost holidays site dealchecker.co.uk Ecommerce Director Troy Collins.
“But in recent years the public’s acceptance of Cuba as a fantastic holiday destination alongside its Caribbean neighbours now means that the magic, music, mystery and romance of Cuba are as likely option as any other in the region.” - he added.
It's a known fact that Cuba holidays deliver much so more than sun, white powdery sands and turquoise beaches. Because the country was a communist stronghold for so many years, there's also a real flavour of the 1950s which can be tasted on Cuba holidays. The cars, the architecture and the mixture of some old-age colonial infrastructure adds to the charm and proves that in some respects Cuba it's a country lost in time, trapped in the mid-20th century.
In other respects it's a thoroughly modern, vibrant place and the tourist facilities, most of which are brand new or only a few years old, are as good as you'll find anywhere in the Caribbean. The combination of old and new, modern and traditional is a highly attractive one and this year dealchecker.co.uk has noticed a distinct rise in the popularity of Cuba holidays and low cost flights to Cuba.
“We've been slightly surprised by the demand we've experienced so far” says Collins. “Perhaps it's the low cost of flights and the bargain holidays available, or perhaps the news about Cuba's unique character and flavour is spreading. Whatever the reason, 2010 is looking like Cuba's biggest year yet.”
Founded in June 2005. dealchecker.co.uk is the UK’s leading flight, accommodation, holiday and car hire price comparison service. The company partners are industry leaders offering the most competitive market travel deals. However it must be noted that dealchecker.co.uk is purely a comparison site and not a tour operator or travel agent as it does not sell any travel products. When a travel selection is made, the final transaction is completed in real-time, direct with the operator or agent that the customer has chosen. Alongside the price comparison search and Real Deals the website provides a price tracker, travel tips, destination content and weather trends.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...