Hundreds of buyers and supliers for the Jamaica holiday industry meet in the island
A large numbers of buyers and suppliers will be gathering in Jamaica today to attend the 20th edition of the Jamaica Product Exchange. Over the next 3 days attendees will engage in discussions concerning the investment on various Jamaica holiday products
Numerous overseas buyers and local suppliers in the tourism sector interested in investing or providing for the Jamaica holidays market will be soon meeting in the Jamaican resort ofMontego Bay, from 11th - 13th May for the 20th staging of the Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX).
This annual event, founded by the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA) and the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB), offers international buyers and suppliers in the travel sector with the ideal forum for meeting with travel wholesalers and tour operators in a professionally-organised business exchange promoting further investment in Jamaica holidays and the Jamaica holiday product.
Over the course of the next 3 days, participants will engage in discussions; appointment scheduling; networking and scheduled tours of Jamaica hotels and other popular attractions that attract many visitors to come on Jamaica holidays as a favourite Caribbean holiday destination.
Wayne Cummings, President of the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA), told JIS News that the three-day affair is a marketing opportunity for the hospitality industry in Jamaica, and brings in major travel partners to come and meet with the hotels and attractions to do contracts, site inspections and generally have a mix of business and social events.
Approximately 72 buyer delegates and 128 suppliers have confirmed to participate with strong representation from main markets such as United States, Canada and United Kingdom.
"JAPEX is one more opportunity for us to say who we are, why we are here and what it is that we are doing," Cummings stated, noting that the event affords suppliers the medium to interact with the travel community and "get a sense of what the rest of the year will look like going into the summer and other seasons."
"There are trade shows held across the world but because this one is uniquely Jamaican, it means that focus will be placed on the Jamaican product with buyers, who are looking to make the best deals to sell Jamaican products. They are coming here to look at the new products, the refurbished products and what Jamaica has going for it," the JHTA President highlighted.
As Jamaica's premier tourism trade show, JAPEX is supported by every Jamaican organisation involved in the development, promotion and sale of Jamaica holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...