Hundreds of buyers and supliers for the Jamaica holiday industry meet in the island
A large numbers of buyers and suppliers will be gathering in Jamaica today to attend the 20th edition of the Jamaica Product Exchange. Over the next 3 days attendees will engage in discussions concerning the investment on various Jamaica holiday products
Numerous overseas buyers and local suppliers in the tourism sector interested in investing or providing for the Jamaica holidays market will be soon meeting in the Jamaican resort ofMontego Bay, from 11th - 13th May for the 20th staging of the Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX).
This annual event, founded by the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA) and the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB), offers international buyers and suppliers in the travel sector with the ideal forum for meeting with travel wholesalers and tour operators in a professionally-organised business exchange promoting further investment in Jamaica holidays and the Jamaica holiday product.
Over the course of the next 3 days, participants will engage in discussions; appointment scheduling; networking and scheduled tours of Jamaica hotels and other popular attractions that attract many visitors to come on Jamaica holidays as a favourite Caribbean holiday destination.
Wayne Cummings, President of the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA), told JIS News that the three-day affair is a marketing opportunity for the hospitality industry in Jamaica, and brings in major travel partners to come and meet with the hotels and attractions to do contracts, site inspections and generally have a mix of business and social events.
Approximately 72 buyer delegates and 128 suppliers have confirmed to participate with strong representation from main markets such as United States, Canada and United Kingdom.
"JAPEX is one more opportunity for us to say who we are, why we are here and what it is that we are doing," Cummings stated, noting that the event affords suppliers the medium to interact with the travel community and "get a sense of what the rest of the year will look like going into the summer and other seasons."
"There are trade shows held across the world but because this one is uniquely Jamaican, it means that focus will be placed on the Jamaican product with buyers, who are looking to make the best deals to sell Jamaican products. They are coming here to look at the new products, the refurbished products and what Jamaica has going for it," the JHTA President highlighted.
As Jamaica's premier tourism trade show, JAPEX is supported by every Jamaican organisation involved in the development, promotion and sale of Jamaica holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....