Hundreds of buyers and supliers for the Jamaica holiday industry meet in the island
A large numbers of buyers and suppliers will be gathering in Jamaica today to attend the 20th edition of the Jamaica Product Exchange. Over the next 3 days attendees will engage in discussions concerning the investment on various Jamaica holiday products
Numerous overseas buyers and local suppliers in the tourism sector interested in investing or providing for the Jamaica holidays market will be soon meeting in the Jamaican resort ofMontego Bay, from 11th - 13th May for the 20th staging of the Jamaica Product Exchange (JAPEX).
This annual event, founded by the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA) and the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB), offers international buyers and suppliers in the travel sector with the ideal forum for meeting with travel wholesalers and tour operators in a professionally-organised business exchange promoting further investment in Jamaica holidays and the Jamaica holiday product.
Over the course of the next 3 days, participants will engage in discussions; appointment scheduling; networking and scheduled tours of Jamaica hotels and other popular attractions that attract many visitors to come on Jamaica holidays as a favourite Caribbean holiday destination.
Wayne Cummings, President of the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association (JHTA), told JIS News that the three-day affair is a marketing opportunity for the hospitality industry in Jamaica, and brings in major travel partners to come and meet with the hotels and attractions to do contracts, site inspections and generally have a mix of business and social events.
Approximately 72 buyer delegates and 128 suppliers have confirmed to participate with strong representation from main markets such as United States, Canada and United Kingdom.
"JAPEX is one more opportunity for us to say who we are, why we are here and what it is that we are doing," Cummings stated, noting that the event affords suppliers the medium to interact with the travel community and "get a sense of what the rest of the year will look like going into the summer and other seasons."
"There are trade shows held across the world but because this one is uniquely Jamaican, it means that focus will be placed on the Jamaican product with buyers, who are looking to make the best deals to sell Jamaican products. They are coming here to look at the new products, the refurbished products and what Jamaica has going for it," the JHTA President highlighted.
As Jamaica's premier tourism trade show, JAPEX is supported by every Jamaican organisation involved in the development, promotion and sale of Jamaica holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...