Cuba holidays enjoying the most successful period
Cuba holidays are currently experienced an unprecedented boost in popularity as the island registers the 4 most successful consecutive months in the history of Cuba travel since the country starting working in generating tourism from abroad.
The holiday industry in Cuba seems to be enjoying a good momentum as the popularity of Cuba has been steadily rising since the beginning of 2010, with the number of tourist arrivals having increased for the first quarter of year. The amount of worldwide travellers taking Cuba holidays has grown to unprecedented margins as the island government reports the most successful 4 months in the history of Cuba travel since the island started promoting tourism as an important source of income for the country.
Cuba’s Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero reported that more than 1.05 million foreigners had come on Cuba holidays as of the end of April, signalling the most-successful four-month span since Cuba began promoting large-scale tourism from abroad.
Addressing a large group of tourism officials attending Cuba's annual FITCUBA 2010 tourism fair, which is being held this week at the Morro Castle in Havana, a Spanish fort built in centuries ago, that guards the sea entrance to Havana, Marrero also said Cuba may exceed the 2.5 million target of foreign visitors arriving in the country in 2010.
"We began with January and February really bad - bad because of the financial crisis, because of many factors," Marrero told his audience. "But March and April have been very good."
Last year, Cuban tourism rose 3.5%, with more than 2.4 million tourists visiting the island, mostly from Europe and Canada, despite the global recession (also largely due to the competitive prices Cuba holidays offered in comparison to other Caribbean holiday destinations).
According to Marrero, 50% more Cuban-Americans visited early this year than during the same period last year, but offered no statistics regarding this segment of the Cuba holiday market. He added that Cuba currently has 50,000 hotel rooms nationwide, many in establishments jointly operated by the government and private companies in Europe.
Marrero also said that in order to generate further growth in Cuba holidays, the government has approved construction of residential projects linked to resorts. He said the government has green-lighted "real estate for tourist purposes."
Investment firms in Canada and Europe have proposed building golf courses coupled with luxury housing under long-term leases with Cuba's government.The decision would allow Cuba's "entrance into new segments and the realization of investments in areas with tourism potential that have yet to be exploited," Marrero added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...