Etihad Airways earns the title of Leading Airline at World Travel Awards
The prestigious, Abu Dhabi-based airline Etihad Airways has just walked away with 6 prizes at the World Travel Awards being held this week in Dubai, among them the coveted title of the region's 'Leading Airline'.
One of the main carriers taking worldwide passengers to luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays has recently received much praise during the World Travel Awards, earning the coveted title of the region’s ‘Leading Airline’
Etihad Airways has walked away with as many as six awards at the Middle East World Travel Awards which is currently taking place in Dubai..
The evening proved hugely successful for the Abu Dhabi-based airline as they scooped up a collection of prices including: ‘Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class’ award, ‘Middle East’s Leading Airline Economy Class’ award, ‘Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff’ award, ‘Middle East’s Leading International Marketing Campaign’ award, and ‘Middle East’s Leading Airline In-flight Entertainment’ award.
Expressing their joy at receiving such recognition James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ chief executive officer, said: “It is a tremendous achievement to win six titles at the World Travel Awards for the Middle East region, which is voted for by members of the travel industry across the world.
“We have invested significantly in our cabin product and service and these awards illustrate that the airline industry and our passengers like what we have delivered.”
This latest success follows Etihad’s previous triumph in November 2009 when the airline won the global title of ‘World’s Leading Airline’. Etihad now accounts with as many as 25 World Travel Awards in total since it took to the skies in November 2003. The regional flyer transporting holidaymakers to Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi breaks in style, will be representing the Middle East region in these categories at the global World Travel Awards which are to be held in London later in the year.
President and founder of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, praised Etihad by dedicating them an encouraging speech: “At the World Travel Awards, our goal is to seek out those players who are doing more than anyone else to transform our industry – those players who make tourism a force for good, and a force for change. One of the classic examples is Etihad, an airline that has grown into a global super-brand in just over six years through its vision, courage and dedication.
“We congratulate Etihad Airways on the fantastic achievement at the World Travel Awards Middle East Ceremony. By winning six awards, including Middle East’s Leading Airline, Etihad has demonstrated that it continues to excel across all aspects of its business.”
The award for ‘Middle East’s Leading First Class Airline’ follows the significant revamp of Etihad’s First class cabin, including longer and wider beds, housed in their own private suites, and a large new changing room to provide improved luxury experiences for passengers to enjoy while en rout to their luxury holidays in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
On the other hand the Inspired Service was one of the main reasons behind Etihad winning the title of ‘Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff’. This unique and revolutionary concept was created to ensure that each passenger receives a personalised service, tailored to individual requirements, during the flight.
Playing more on the luxury holidays factor for added entertainment prior to passengers arriving to their holiday destination, the award for ‘Middle East’s Leading In-flight Entertainment’, gave credit to Etihad’s state-of-the art E-BOX on-demand system, allowing customers to enjoy the latest movies, TV shows, music and interactive games as well as recharge laptop computers and mobile devices.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...