Etihad Airways earns the title of Leading Airline at World Travel Awards
The prestigious, Abu Dhabi-based airline Etihad Airways has just walked away with 6 prizes at the World Travel Awards being held this week in Dubai, among them the coveted title of the region's 'Leading Airline'.
One of the main carriers taking worldwide passengers to luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays has recently received much praise during the World Travel Awards, earning the coveted title of the region’s ‘Leading Airline’
Etihad Airways has walked away with as many as six awards at the Middle East World Travel Awards which is currently taking place in Dubai..
The evening proved hugely successful for the Abu Dhabi-based airline as they scooped up a collection of prices including: ‘Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class’ award, ‘Middle East’s Leading Airline Economy Class’ award, ‘Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff’ award, ‘Middle East’s Leading International Marketing Campaign’ award, and ‘Middle East’s Leading Airline In-flight Entertainment’ award.
Expressing their joy at receiving such recognition James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ chief executive officer, said: “It is a tremendous achievement to win six titles at the World Travel Awards for the Middle East region, which is voted for by members of the travel industry across the world.
“We have invested significantly in our cabin product and service and these awards illustrate that the airline industry and our passengers like what we have delivered.”
This latest success follows Etihad’s previous triumph in November 2009 when the airline won the global title of ‘World’s Leading Airline’. Etihad now accounts with as many as 25 World Travel Awards in total since it took to the skies in November 2003. The regional flyer transporting holidaymakers to Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi breaks in style, will be representing the Middle East region in these categories at the global World Travel Awards which are to be held in London later in the year.
President and founder of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, praised Etihad by dedicating them an encouraging speech: “At the World Travel Awards, our goal is to seek out those players who are doing more than anyone else to transform our industry – those players who make tourism a force for good, and a force for change. One of the classic examples is Etihad, an airline that has grown into a global super-brand in just over six years through its vision, courage and dedication.
“We congratulate Etihad Airways on the fantastic achievement at the World Travel Awards Middle East Ceremony. By winning six awards, including Middle East’s Leading Airline, Etihad has demonstrated that it continues to excel across all aspects of its business.”
The award for ‘Middle East’s Leading First Class Airline’ follows the significant revamp of Etihad’s First class cabin, including longer and wider beds, housed in their own private suites, and a large new changing room to provide improved luxury experiences for passengers to enjoy while en rout to their luxury holidays in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
On the other hand the Inspired Service was one of the main reasons behind Etihad winning the title of ‘Middle East’s Leading Cabin Staff’. This unique and revolutionary concept was created to ensure that each passenger receives a personalised service, tailored to individual requirements, during the flight.
Playing more on the luxury holidays factor for added entertainment prior to passengers arriving to their holiday destination, the award for ‘Middle East’s Leading In-flight Entertainment’, gave credit to Etihad’s state-of-the art E-BOX on-demand system, allowing customers to enjoy the latest movies, TV shows, music and interactive games as well as recharge laptop computers and mobile devices.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...