Mauritius luxury hotels group sees fall in first quarter profits
A company who own a number of luxury Mauritius hotels has announced that its pre-tax profits in the first quarter of 2010 have dropped to 178.73 million rupees from 204.37 million rupees compared to the same period in 2009.
Luxury hotel group, Sun Resorts, announced in a recent statement:
"The market conditions remain difficult and uncertain to predict."
The fall in profits is expected to have been caused by the effects of the recent global recession which hit the travel and tourism industry making a considerable impact on Mauritius luxury hotels and travel companies throughout the stunning region. Despite the fall in profits, Sun Resorts said it saw an improvement in room occupancy at all of its Mauritius luxury hotels.
The statement said:
"Group occupancy during the first quarter reached 73.7 percent (of capacity) compared to 65.5 percent in the corresponding period last year."
Tourism generates approximately ten percent of the nation's gross domestic product and heavily relies on travellers taking luxury holidays in Mauritius. Two thirds of the travellers who take Mauritius holidays come from Europe and the global recession caused many travellers, particularly from the UK, to put travel plans on hold until the recession was over and the economy began its recovery.
Since the recession many travellers are looking to book all inclusive holidays as they offer more value for money than self catering and accommodation only breaks. Many Mauritius luxury hotels offer all inclusive breaks for travellers which could provide the region with the vital boost it needs to recover from the economic crisis.
Sun Resorts operate five Maldives and Mauritius luxury hotels and resorts including Long Beach, Sugar Beach Resort, Le Touessrok, La Pirougue, and Kanuhura in the Maldives.
Le Touessrok is the flagship resort of the company and after a re-vamp the luxury hotel was re-launched in 2002 as a contemporary and chic resort offering high end holidays for travellers from all over the world. The resort features an 18-hole golf course, luxury accommodation with views overlooking Trou d'Eau Douce Bay, and three waterfront villas providing the ultimate luxury holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...