Mauritius luxury hotels group sees fall in first quarter profits
A company who own a number of luxury Mauritius hotels has announced that its pre-tax profits in the first quarter of 2010 have dropped to 178.73 million rupees from 204.37 million rupees compared to the same period in 2009.
Luxury hotel group, Sun Resorts, announced in a recent statement:
"The market conditions remain difficult and uncertain to predict."
The fall in profits is expected to have been caused by the effects of the recent global recession which hit the travel and tourism industry making a considerable impact on Mauritius luxury hotels and travel companies throughout the stunning region. Despite the fall in profits, Sun Resorts said it saw an improvement in room occupancy at all of its Mauritius luxury hotels.
The statement said:
"Group occupancy during the first quarter reached 73.7 percent (of capacity) compared to 65.5 percent in the corresponding period last year."
Tourism generates approximately ten percent of the nation's gross domestic product and heavily relies on travellers taking luxury holidays in Mauritius. Two thirds of the travellers who take Mauritius holidays come from Europe and the global recession caused many travellers, particularly from the UK, to put travel plans on hold until the recession was over and the economy began its recovery.
Since the recession many travellers are looking to book all inclusive holidays as they offer more value for money than self catering and accommodation only breaks. Many Mauritius luxury hotels offer all inclusive breaks for travellers which could provide the region with the vital boost it needs to recover from the economic crisis.
Sun Resorts operate five Maldives and Mauritius luxury hotels and resorts including Long Beach, Sugar Beach Resort, Le Touessrok, La Pirougue, and Kanuhura in the Maldives.
Le Touessrok is the flagship resort of the company and after a re-vamp the luxury hotel was re-launched in 2002 as a contemporary and chic resort offering high end holidays for travellers from all over the world. The resort features an 18-hole golf course, luxury accommodation with views overlooking Trou d'Eau Douce Bay, and three waterfront villas providing the ultimate luxury holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...