Mauritius luxury hotels group sees fall in first quarter profits
A company who own a number of luxury Mauritius hotels has announced that its pre-tax profits in the first quarter of 2010 have dropped to 178.73 million rupees from 204.37 million rupees compared to the same period in 2009.
Luxury hotel group, Sun Resorts, announced in a recent statement:
"The market conditions remain difficult and uncertain to predict."
The fall in profits is expected to have been caused by the effects of the recent global recession which hit the travel and tourism industry making a considerable impact on Mauritius luxury hotels and travel companies throughout the stunning region. Despite the fall in profits, Sun Resorts said it saw an improvement in room occupancy at all of its Mauritius luxury hotels.
The statement said:
"Group occupancy during the first quarter reached 73.7 percent (of capacity) compared to 65.5 percent in the corresponding period last year."
Tourism generates approximately ten percent of the nation's gross domestic product and heavily relies on travellers taking luxury holidays in Mauritius. Two thirds of the travellers who take Mauritius holidays come from Europe and the global recession caused many travellers, particularly from the UK, to put travel plans on hold until the recession was over and the economy began its recovery.
Since the recession many travellers are looking to book all inclusive holidays as they offer more value for money than self catering and accommodation only breaks. Many Mauritius luxury hotels offer all inclusive breaks for travellers which could provide the region with the vital boost it needs to recover from the economic crisis.
Sun Resorts operate five Maldives and Mauritius luxury hotels and resorts including Long Beach, Sugar Beach Resort, Le Touessrok, La Pirougue, and Kanuhura in the Maldives.
Le Touessrok is the flagship resort of the company and after a re-vamp the luxury hotel was re-launched in 2002 as a contemporary and chic resort offering high end holidays for travellers from all over the world. The resort features an 18-hole golf course, luxury accommodation with views overlooking Trou d'Eau Douce Bay, and three waterfront villas providing the ultimate luxury holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...