Mauritius luxury hotels group sees fall in first quarter profits
A company who own a number of luxury Mauritius hotels has announced that its pre-tax profits in the first quarter of 2010 have dropped to 178.73 million rupees from 204.37 million rupees compared to the same period in 2009.
Luxury hotel group, Sun Resorts, announced in a recent statement:
"The market conditions remain difficult and uncertain to predict."
The fall in profits is expected to have been caused by the effects of the recent global recession which hit the travel and tourism industry making a considerable impact on Mauritius luxury hotels and travel companies throughout the stunning region. Despite the fall in profits, Sun Resorts said it saw an improvement in room occupancy at all of its Mauritius luxury hotels.
The statement said:
"Group occupancy during the first quarter reached 73.7 percent (of capacity) compared to 65.5 percent in the corresponding period last year."
Tourism generates approximately ten percent of the nation's gross domestic product and heavily relies on travellers taking luxury holidays in Mauritius. Two thirds of the travellers who take Mauritius holidays come from Europe and the global recession caused many travellers, particularly from the UK, to put travel plans on hold until the recession was over and the economy began its recovery.
Since the recession many travellers are looking to book all inclusive holidays as they offer more value for money than self catering and accommodation only breaks. Many Mauritius luxury hotels offer all inclusive breaks for travellers which could provide the region with the vital boost it needs to recover from the economic crisis.
Sun Resorts operate five Maldives and Mauritius luxury hotels and resorts including Long Beach, Sugar Beach Resort, Le Touessrok, La Pirougue, and Kanuhura in the Maldives.
Le Touessrok is the flagship resort of the company and after a re-vamp the luxury hotel was re-launched in 2002 as a contemporary and chic resort offering high end holidays for travellers from all over the world. The resort features an 18-hole golf course, luxury accommodation with views overlooking Trou d'Eau Douce Bay, and three waterfront villas providing the ultimate luxury holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...