Mauritius luxury hotels group sees fall in first quarter profits
A company who own a number of luxury Mauritius hotels has announced that its pre-tax profits in the first quarter of 2010 have dropped to 178.73 million rupees from 204.37 million rupees compared to the same period in 2009.
Luxury hotel group, Sun Resorts, announced in a recent statement:
"The market conditions remain difficult and uncertain to predict."
The fall in profits is expected to have been caused by the effects of the recent global recession which hit the travel and tourism industry making a considerable impact on Mauritius luxury hotels and travel companies throughout the stunning region. Despite the fall in profits, Sun Resorts said it saw an improvement in room occupancy at all of its Mauritius luxury hotels.
The statement said:
"Group occupancy during the first quarter reached 73.7 percent (of capacity) compared to 65.5 percent in the corresponding period last year."
Tourism generates approximately ten percent of the nation's gross domestic product and heavily relies on travellers taking luxury holidays in Mauritius. Two thirds of the travellers who take Mauritius holidays come from Europe and the global recession caused many travellers, particularly from the UK, to put travel plans on hold until the recession was over and the economy began its recovery.
Since the recession many travellers are looking to book all inclusive holidays as they offer more value for money than self catering and accommodation only breaks. Many Mauritius luxury hotels offer all inclusive breaks for travellers which could provide the region with the vital boost it needs to recover from the economic crisis.
Sun Resorts operate five Maldives and Mauritius luxury hotels and resorts including Long Beach, Sugar Beach Resort, Le Touessrok, La Pirougue, and Kanuhura in the Maldives.
Le Touessrok is the flagship resort of the company and after a re-vamp the luxury hotel was re-launched in 2002 as a contemporary and chic resort offering high end holidays for travellers from all over the world. The resort features an 18-hole golf course, luxury accommodation with views overlooking Trou d'Eau Douce Bay, and three waterfront villas providing the ultimate luxury holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...