New ETA campaign enticing Arab tourists to rediscover Egypt holidays
The Chairman of the Egyptian Tourist Authority (ETA) is calling on Arab tourists to rediscover and recapture the magic of Egypt holidays as new promotional campaign is launched under the title of 'Egypt -the Beginning of the Tale".
A new campaign is calling on Arabs to rediscover the true spirit of Egypt holidays, as the Chairman of the Egyptian Tourist Authority invites Arab tourists to recapture the magic of Egypt’s rich heritage, lively entertainment and vibrant holiday destinations that have inspired many memorable Egypt holiday experiences since the dawn of time.
For this purpose Mr. Amr El Ezabi ,Chairman of The Egyptian Tourist Authority (ETA) announced on Monday the launch of a new Arab Campaign that goes under the title of “Egypt - the Beginning of the Tale”. The announcement was made during a press conference held in Dubai in the presence of His Excellency Mr. Mohab Nasr, Consul General of Egypt in Dubai and Northern emirates, as well as key media, and tourism industry representatives.
“A warm welcome awaits visitors in Egypt where, spirited people and a lively social and artistic agenda entertain them all year long, and a host of breathtaking destinations combining exquisite nature and luxurious resorts, tell thrilling stories of Egypt, the world’s most ancient civilizations” - El Ezabi said.
The new campaign promoting Egypt holidays among Arab travellers will cover the GCC markets including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, as well as Jordan and Libya. The integrated promotional campaign includes highly creative advertisements on television, press ads, outdoor placements, and an extensive online component. Effectively, the ETA will re-launch its official Arabic website (arabic.egypt.travel) on the sidelines of the Arabian Travel Market (ATM). The revamped website will reflect the creativity of the campaign while providing an exciting insight into the various tourist destinations and products such as city breaks in Cairo and Alexandria, Northern Coast, luxury resorts in Sinai and the Red Sea, Nile cruises, Spa & Wellness tourism, shopping, Ramadan.
Aiming to improve the image of Egypt holidays through highlighting the diversity of the Egyptian tourism products and the quality of tourist services; the campaign’s key objective will also be to attract new segments of visitors throughout the year by focusing on new tourism categories such as health, five-star, and luxurious resorts on the Red Sea, Cairo by night, and the North Coast. A tactical campaign will follow to introduce Arabs to the spirit of Egypt during the holy month of Ramadan.
According to El Ezabi it is that, the spirit of Egypt that keeps bringing people back and back again to the country. In fact, a recent survey conducted by the Egyptian Tourist Authority unveiled that about 90% of Arab travelers have visited Egypt at least once. The study came to reinforce the perception that Arabs have long had about Egypt; a vibrant country with fun-loving, friendly, and warm people.
With regards to the overall status of the Egyptian tourism sector, ETA Chairman noted: "With over 3.46 million tourists entering the country from January to March end, a record 29% increase, we have started to see positive signs of recovery. During the first quarter of 2010, our tourism revenues increased 24% to reach USD$2.7 billion. We are confident the rest of the year will only be better."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...