New ETA campaign enticing Arab tourists to rediscover Egypt holidays
The Chairman of the Egyptian Tourist Authority (ETA) is calling on Arab tourists to rediscover and recapture the magic of Egypt holidays as new promotional campaign is launched under the title of 'Egypt -the Beginning of the Tale".
A new campaign is calling on Arabs to rediscover the true spirit of Egypt holidays, as the Chairman of the Egyptian Tourist Authority invites Arab tourists to recapture the magic of Egypt’s rich heritage, lively entertainment and vibrant holiday destinations that have inspired many memorable Egypt holiday experiences since the dawn of time.
For this purpose Mr. Amr El Ezabi ,Chairman of The Egyptian Tourist Authority (ETA) announced on Monday the launch of a new Arab Campaign that goes under the title of “Egypt - the Beginning of the Tale”. The announcement was made during a press conference held in Dubai in the presence of His Excellency Mr. Mohab Nasr, Consul General of Egypt in Dubai and Northern emirates, as well as key media, and tourism industry representatives.
“A warm welcome awaits visitors in Egypt where, spirited people and a lively social and artistic agenda entertain them all year long, and a host of breathtaking destinations combining exquisite nature and luxurious resorts, tell thrilling stories of Egypt, the world’s most ancient civilizations” - El Ezabi said.
The new campaign promoting Egypt holidays among Arab travellers will cover the GCC markets including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, as well as Jordan and Libya. The integrated promotional campaign includes highly creative advertisements on television, press ads, outdoor placements, and an extensive online component. Effectively, the ETA will re-launch its official Arabic website (arabic.egypt.travel) on the sidelines of the Arabian Travel Market (ATM). The revamped website will reflect the creativity of the campaign while providing an exciting insight into the various tourist destinations and products such as city breaks in Cairo and Alexandria, Northern Coast, luxury resorts in Sinai and the Red Sea, Nile cruises, Spa & Wellness tourism, shopping, Ramadan.
Aiming to improve the image of Egypt holidays through highlighting the diversity of the Egyptian tourism products and the quality of tourist services; the campaign’s key objective will also be to attract new segments of visitors throughout the year by focusing on new tourism categories such as health, five-star, and luxurious resorts on the Red Sea, Cairo by night, and the North Coast. A tactical campaign will follow to introduce Arabs to the spirit of Egypt during the holy month of Ramadan.
According to El Ezabi it is that, the spirit of Egypt that keeps bringing people back and back again to the country. In fact, a recent survey conducted by the Egyptian Tourist Authority unveiled that about 90% of Arab travelers have visited Egypt at least once. The study came to reinforce the perception that Arabs have long had about Egypt; a vibrant country with fun-loving, friendly, and warm people.
With regards to the overall status of the Egyptian tourism sector, ETA Chairman noted: "With over 3.46 million tourists entering the country from January to March end, a record 29% increase, we have started to see positive signs of recovery. During the first quarter of 2010, our tourism revenues increased 24% to reach USD$2.7 billion. We are confident the rest of the year will only be better."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...