Examining the Dubai holidays potential at the Arabian Travel Market
The Arabian Travel Market has kicked off today to an unprecedented number of visitors that include the representation of a total of 72 countries, a record number never seen before through ATM's 17 years of existence.
Welcoming many Dubai holidays experts, the annual Arabian Travel Market (ATM) has recently opened its doors in Dubai, this time with more than 2,100 exhibitors representing a record number of 72 countries in attendance.
As optimism returns to the global travel and tourism industry, expectations are high at what could be one of the most important editions in the event’s 17-year history.
“We have said time and time again ATM serves as a barometer to the health of both the regional and international travel and tourism markets,” –said Mark Walsh, Group Exhibition Director at event organiser Reed Travel Exhibitions.
“To yet again be putting on one of the most significant ever instalments of this show, in the midst of some of the toughest economic conditions we have faced, speaks volumes about the Middle East’s ever-important role as a catalyst for positive business potential, our industry’s resilience and perseverance and the scope for future growth.” – he continued to explain.
The Arabian Travel Market opening ceremony took place earlier today with an impressive exhibitor number increase, rising from 830 in 2009 to more than 960 in 2010 – representing whopping 15% growth.
Countries like Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria and the UAE are all bringing increased tourism contingents for 2010. In the emirates alone, the stands representing Dubai holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and Ras Al Khaimah have all made significant space increases.
As Mr Walsh pointed out, these figures are evidence of how the region has handled its industry recovery efforts and the investment, (especially Dubai holidays) both on individual and government levels, it has put in place to capitalise on future market potential.
“To see such strong growth year-on-year from the Middle East clearly underlines how the region has weathered the economic storm,” he explained.
“Much of this is down to determined marketing efforts from the region’s tourism authorities, strong backing from government bodies, the Middle East’s airline industry capitalisation of market share via fleet expansion and development of existing and new airlinks and its overarching belief in being successful.”
This year’s show has confirmed steady overall space uptake by nearly 60 national tourist bodies representing six continents, including a new-to-market showing from Fiji. Moreover ATM will see representation from the private sector in Nigeria, Monaco, Swaziland, the Ukraine, Nepal, Malta, Libya, Republic of Korea and Iraq.
“We continue to see additional space uptake from non-traditional markets, as well as newly-formed companies, which is a result of enhanced tourism initiatives being instigated both from the region and from international tourism bodies looking to tap into the burgeoning Middle East market. It is also extremely positive to see exhibitors returning after a leave of absence as well as the addition of new-to-market delegations, which only further reiterates the Middle East’s business potential.” – Mr Walsh continued.
The event is currently taking place at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre and will continue promoting Dubai holidays and Middle Eastern Travel highlights until 7th May, 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...