Cuba's 5th Seminar to Focus on Communication and Tourism
The topic of Cuba holidays will be on the agenda at the 5th Seminar on Communication and Tourism which will take place on Sunday 2 May, just before the 30th edition of Cuba's International Tourism Fair 2010 take place from 3 - 8 May.
The seminar will be taking place at the Melia Cohiba Hotel in Havana and aims to boost the links between journalism and tourism and hopes to provide the opportunity to set up exchanges between professionals in the journalism industry whilst promoting hot tourist spots in the Americas and travel to Cuba.
The event will be opened by the organiser of the Seminar, the President of the International Association of Latin Tourism Journalists and Writers, Julio Cesar Debali. The Seminar is backed by Cuba's Tourism Ministry, Cuba's Tourism Office for the Southern Cone in Argentina, the venue host, Sol Melia Hotel chain and Cubana Airlines.
The meeting will include presentations on the importance of building links between the media and the promoting the region, whilst encouraging travellers from all over the world to consider Cuba holidays. Presentations will be held by specialist journalists in the sector including Spanish expert, Luis Callejon, who will hold a talk on Tourist Globalisation and Crisis; and Moises Pinchevsky from Ecuador who will discuss Journalistic Reports as a Vehicle for Travelling.
The Seminar takes place just before the International Tourism Fair in Havana which will this year focus on attracting more Russian travellers to take Cuba holidays and be guests in the ever-increasing Cuba hotels available to tourists. The 30th International Tourism Fair will take place at the Morro-Cabana Complex in Havana and will also dedicate discussions to Events and Incentives and focus on the eastern side of the stunning Caribbean island as up and coming tourist destination.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba offers travellers of all ages a wealth of a culture, historic sites and attractions, watersports, authentic and luxury accommodation, a vibrant music and dance scene, miles of pristine beaches, and a warm tropical climate; all within some of the world's most breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...