Cuba's 5th Seminar to Focus on Communication and Tourism
The topic of Cuba holidays will be on the agenda at the 5th Seminar on Communication and Tourism which will take place on Sunday 2 May, just before the 30th edition of Cuba's International Tourism Fair 2010 take place from 3 - 8 May.
The seminar will be taking place at the Melia Cohiba Hotel in Havana and aims to boost the links between journalism and tourism and hopes to provide the opportunity to set up exchanges between professionals in the journalism industry whilst promoting hot tourist spots in the Americas and travel to Cuba.
The event will be opened by the organiser of the Seminar, the President of the International Association of Latin Tourism Journalists and Writers, Julio Cesar Debali. The Seminar is backed by Cuba's Tourism Ministry, Cuba's Tourism Office for the Southern Cone in Argentina, the venue host, Sol Melia Hotel chain and Cubana Airlines.
The meeting will include presentations on the importance of building links between the media and the promoting the region, whilst encouraging travellers from all over the world to consider Cuba holidays. Presentations will be held by specialist journalists in the sector including Spanish expert, Luis Callejon, who will hold a talk on Tourist Globalisation and Crisis; and Moises Pinchevsky from Ecuador who will discuss Journalistic Reports as a Vehicle for Travelling.
The Seminar takes place just before the International Tourism Fair in Havana which will this year focus on attracting more Russian travellers to take Cuba holidays and be guests in the ever-increasing Cuba hotels available to tourists. The 30th International Tourism Fair will take place at the Morro-Cabana Complex in Havana and will also dedicate discussions to Events and Incentives and focus on the eastern side of the stunning Caribbean island as up and coming tourist destination.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba offers travellers of all ages a wealth of a culture, historic sites and attractions, watersports, authentic and luxury accommodation, a vibrant music and dance scene, miles of pristine beaches, and a warm tropical climate; all within some of the world's most breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...