Cuba's 5th Seminar to Focus on Communication and Tourism
The topic of Cuba holidays will be on the agenda at the 5th Seminar on Communication and Tourism which will take place on Sunday 2 May, just before the 30th edition of Cuba's International Tourism Fair 2010 take place from 3 - 8 May.
The seminar will be taking place at the Melia Cohiba Hotel in Havana and aims to boost the links between journalism and tourism and hopes to provide the opportunity to set up exchanges between professionals in the journalism industry whilst promoting hot tourist spots in the Americas and travel to Cuba.
The event will be opened by the organiser of the Seminar, the President of the International Association of Latin Tourism Journalists and Writers, Julio Cesar Debali. The Seminar is backed by Cuba's Tourism Ministry, Cuba's Tourism Office for the Southern Cone in Argentina, the venue host, Sol Melia Hotel chain and Cubana Airlines.
The meeting will include presentations on the importance of building links between the media and the promoting the region, whilst encouraging travellers from all over the world to consider Cuba holidays. Presentations will be held by specialist journalists in the sector including Spanish expert, Luis Callejon, who will hold a talk on Tourist Globalisation and Crisis; and Moises Pinchevsky from Ecuador who will discuss Journalistic Reports as a Vehicle for Travelling.
The Seminar takes place just before the International Tourism Fair in Havana which will this year focus on attracting more Russian travellers to take Cuba holidays and be guests in the ever-increasing Cuba hotels available to tourists. The 30th International Tourism Fair will take place at the Morro-Cabana Complex in Havana and will also dedicate discussions to Events and Incentives and focus on the eastern side of the stunning Caribbean island as up and coming tourist destination.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba offers travellers of all ages a wealth of a culture, historic sites and attractions, watersports, authentic and luxury accommodation, a vibrant music and dance scene, miles of pristine beaches, and a warm tropical climate; all within some of the world's most breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...