Sol Melia announces two new flagship Paradisus Riviera Maya Hotels and Resorts
Sol Melia have announced the sale of their existing property, Paradisus Riviera Cancun to make way for the development of two new Riviera Maya hotels and resorts under the prestigious Paradisus brand.
The Spanish hotel company is one of the leaders within the Latin America and Caribbean hotel market. After nine years of managing the Paradisus Riviera Cancun, the company announced last week that they had sold their shares in the property to the majority shareholder, Martinon.
Sol Melia will now be concentrating on completing the construction two Riviera Maya hotels and resorts which are expected to be amongst the finest in the region. The two new luxury Riviera Maya hotels, Paradisus Playa del Carmen and Paradisus Xaman, will be situated on some of Mexico’s most stunning eastern coastline, Playa del Carmen and will provide guests on Cancun holidays with high end luxury accommodation and facilities.
Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sol Melia, Gabriel Escarrer Jaume, said:
"In times of change we must capitalize on opportunities, focusing on products which exceed the expectations of our guests, especially in the areas of sustainability, and qualitative value."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean hotel, Paradisus Xaman, will feature two Presidential suites, 325 suites of which 120 will be Family Concierge suites with two and three bedroom accommodation perfect for families on luxury Cancun holidays. Guests staying at the luxury resort will be able to enjoy the choice of five restaurants, four bars, a Kid’s Zone, and a Gabi Beach Club.
Paradisus Playa del Carmen will provide 534 suites of which 122 suites will be Royal Service, and two presidential suites. The resort will feature six restaurants offering international cuisine, and a Gabi beach Club. Both Riviera May hotels will share the use of the 20,000 square-foot YHI Spa and Health Club, 12,000 square feet of meeting and conference space.
The luxury hotels will provide world-class cuisine and premier service; stunning architecture and elegant design; pristine beaches and tropical gardens; and large soothing swimming pools for guests to refresh themselves from the tropical climate.
Senior Vice President of Sol Melia’s Premium Portfolio of hotels, Alvaro Tejeda Schroder, said:
"Each Paradisus resort is envisioned as an oasis of modern design and decor for the sophisticated traveller who wants it all. The pairing of award winning restaurant concepts with luxurious accommodations and exceptional service sets Paradisus as the gold standard amongst all-inclusive resorts."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Stay right next to the world's second largest coral reef, in an idyllic setting that's also been declared a National Park.
- You'll be fantastically placed within walking distance to Puerto Morales, a quaint fishing village
- The tranquil National Park and beachfront setting that boasts the world's second largest coral reef
- French, Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican delights will tempt your palate at the resort's array of restaurants
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
- Family-friendly resort offering a heated kids pool and a Mayan-themed Explorer’s Club that features a planetarium and pyramid-shaped climbing wall
- Intimate wine cellar offering international premium brand wine selections
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Make the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico your home away from home and experience the coastal holiday you've...
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. Set just south of the Yucatan Peninsula, this...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...