Sol Melia announces two new flagship Paradisus Riviera Maya Hotels and Resorts
Sol Melia have announced the sale of their existing property, Paradisus Riviera Cancun to make way for the development of two new Riviera Maya hotels and resorts under the prestigious Paradisus brand.
The Spanish hotel company is one of the leaders within the Latin America and Caribbean hotel market. After nine years of managing the Paradisus Riviera Cancun, the company announced last week that they had sold their shares in the property to the majority shareholder, Martinon.
Sol Melia will now be concentrating on completing the construction two Riviera Maya hotels and resorts which are expected to be amongst the finest in the region. The two new luxury Riviera Maya hotels, Paradisus Playa del Carmen and Paradisus Xaman, will be situated on some of Mexico’s most stunning eastern coastline, Playa del Carmen and will provide guests on Cancun holidays with high end luxury accommodation and facilities.
Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sol Melia, Gabriel Escarrer Jaume, said:
"In times of change we must capitalize on opportunities, focusing on products which exceed the expectations of our guests, especially in the areas of sustainability, and qualitative value."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean hotel, Paradisus Xaman, will feature two Presidential suites, 325 suites of which 120 will be Family Concierge suites with two and three bedroom accommodation perfect for families on luxury Cancun holidays. Guests staying at the luxury resort will be able to enjoy the choice of five restaurants, four bars, a Kid’s Zone, and a Gabi Beach Club.
Paradisus Playa del Carmen will provide 534 suites of which 122 suites will be Royal Service, and two presidential suites. The resort will feature six restaurants offering international cuisine, and a Gabi beach Club. Both Riviera May hotels will share the use of the 20,000 square-foot YHI Spa and Health Club, 12,000 square feet of meeting and conference space.
The luxury hotels will provide world-class cuisine and premier service; stunning architecture and elegant design; pristine beaches and tropical gardens; and large soothing swimming pools for guests to refresh themselves from the tropical climate.
Senior Vice President of Sol Melia’s Premium Portfolio of hotels, Alvaro Tejeda Schroder, said:
"Each Paradisus resort is envisioned as an oasis of modern design and decor for the sophisticated traveller who wants it all. The pairing of award winning restaurant concepts with luxurious accommodations and exceptional service sets Paradisus as the gold standard amongst all-inclusive resorts."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
Exuding romance and adults-only exclusivity, this luxury retreat will pamper you from head to foot with its indulgent Unlimited Luxury concept.
- Unlimited-Luxury® will give you the celebrity treatment with unlimited premium drinks and gourmet meals
- Relax and rejuvenate at the relax Spa by Pevonia® with a wide range of pampering treatments on offer
- Have the time of your life with exciting parties and endless entertainment
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...
The Maya Riviera has been a tourist magnet for many years now; heed the call of this magical destination and enjoy sun...