Sol Melia announces two new flagship Paradisus Riviera Maya Hotels and Resorts
Sol Melia have announced the sale of their existing property, Paradisus Riviera Cancun to make way for the development of two new Riviera Maya hotels and resorts under the prestigious Paradisus brand.
The Spanish hotel company is one of the leaders within the Latin America and Caribbean hotel market. After nine years of managing the Paradisus Riviera Cancun, the company announced last week that they had sold their shares in the property to the majority shareholder, Martinon.
Sol Melia will now be concentrating on completing the construction two Riviera Maya hotels and resorts which are expected to be amongst the finest in the region. The two new luxury Riviera Maya hotels, Paradisus Playa del Carmen and Paradisus Xaman, will be situated on some of Mexico’s most stunning eastern coastline, Playa del Carmen and will provide guests on Cancun holidays with high end luxury accommodation and facilities.
Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sol Melia, Gabriel Escarrer Jaume, said:
"In times of change we must capitalize on opportunities, focusing on products which exceed the expectations of our guests, especially in the areas of sustainability, and qualitative value."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean hotel, Paradisus Xaman, will feature two Presidential suites, 325 suites of which 120 will be Family Concierge suites with two and three bedroom accommodation perfect for families on luxury Cancun holidays. Guests staying at the luxury resort will be able to enjoy the choice of five restaurants, four bars, a Kid’s Zone, and a Gabi Beach Club.
Paradisus Playa del Carmen will provide 534 suites of which 122 suites will be Royal Service, and two presidential suites. The resort will feature six restaurants offering international cuisine, and a Gabi beach Club. Both Riviera May hotels will share the use of the 20,000 square-foot YHI Spa and Health Club, 12,000 square feet of meeting and conference space.
The luxury hotels will provide world-class cuisine and premier service; stunning architecture and elegant design; pristine beaches and tropical gardens; and large soothing swimming pools for guests to refresh themselves from the tropical climate.
Senior Vice President of Sol Melia’s Premium Portfolio of hotels, Alvaro Tejeda Schroder, said:
"Each Paradisus resort is envisioned as an oasis of modern design and decor for the sophisticated traveller who wants it all. The pairing of award winning restaurant concepts with luxurious accommodations and exceptional service sets Paradisus as the gold standard amongst all-inclusive resorts."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
The expansive hotel complex has a prime position on Mexico's Riviera Maya, facing a private beach and offering something for everyone in the family.
- Sample delectable cuisines at a choice of 8 restaurants
- Fun activities include water sports, horse riding, beach games and pitch'n'putt golf
- The Kids' Club offers a playground and activities such as games, crafts, movies and a mini-disco
- Enjoy up to $1000 resort credit discounts per room per person
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Maya Riviera has been a tourist magnet for many years now; heed the call of this magical destination and enjoy sun...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...