Orascom invest in Egypt hotels
The Swiss-based company, Orascom Development Holding has bought a 4.5 percent stake of a company which provides luxury Egypt hotels and resorts, under a joint plan to develop a new resort property on the Red Sea which will include a marina.
Orascom Development's auxiliary, Orascom Development and Management (ODM) have signed a nine year deal with Egyptian Resorts Co. (ERC) and the two companies are making plans to develop 618 acres of ERC property which surrounds the existing resort of Sahl Hasheesh.
The new additions to ERC's Egypt hotels will feature 4,000 rooms and suites, 2,500 residential units and a marina, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2012. Chief Executive Officer of Egyptians Resorts, Mohamed Kamel, said:
"These strategic assets promise to create significant value for the resort in general and help bring added value for both firms. ODM will act as the development manager and will also market and sell the residential estate units surrounding the marine area, which is considered as one of the pillars of the Red Sea resort of Sahl Hasheesh."
In return for its share, Orascom Development Management will receive a share of profits and revenue fro ERC. Set upon 10,100 acres, the Sahl Hasheesh resort is situated 11 miles south of Hurghada and has 1,577 hotels rooms and suites for its guests on holidays in Egypt as well as 679 real estate units.
The all sea-view resort stands out from other Egypt hotels with is 7.8 miles of shoreline, gorgeous sandy beaches, and the Hasheesh Island, which offers a great diving site for guests on Egypt holidays. As well as the luxury range of accommodation, travellers staying at any of the Egypt hotels on the stunning complex can take advantage of the luxury facilities including golf courts, a cinema complex, numerous swimming pools, and the forthcoming worldwide unique marina.
The warm climate attracts visitors to the luxury resort on an all-year-round basis and there are plenty of historic attractions and sites to visits nearby as well as vibrant city and endless water sports activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Pamper yourself on the sandy beach of the beautiful Red Sea during stay at the Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainment for the whole family
- Enjoy the dine around option during the entire stay at Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh
- Spacious guest rooms with a private balcony or terrace with stunning views of the Red Sea, pools or gardens
- Unlimited use of Health Club, Sauna, Steam and Jacuzzi room
With access to a private beach and every facility imaginable on site it's no wonder guests return to Hilton Sharks bay - it's a perfect for the whole family
- Relax and unwind with a massage or jacuzzi in the health club
- Enjoy a number of dining options including Il Rustico Restaurant - where you can enjoy barbeques on the terrace
- Enjoy the evenings with the nightly entertainment programme
Relaxing by the pool with a glass of a cocktail while enjoying spectacular views of the Red Sea
- Get the most of the 24-Hour all-inclusive service
- Enjoy the private beach and on-site dive centre with opportunities for scuba diving at the house coral reef
- Great hotel for families with plenty of activities to keep the kids and adults busy throughout
Enjoy endless activities at this luxury boutique hotel in a dramatic setting facing azure waters against scenic desert mountains
- Indulge in an array of dining options and choose from 8 restaurants & bars
- Enjoy fun daily activities such as cooking lessons and belly dancing classes
- Go for a dip in either of the two magnificent pools with dramatic waterfalls
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
The Red Sea resort town of Sharm El Sheikh is known for its wonderful beaches; take six days to enjoy the best of this...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Sharm El Sheikh, a resort town sitting on Egypt's Red Sea shores, is one of the country's top tourist destinations. Find...