Orascom invest in Egypt hotels
The Swiss-based company, Orascom Development Holding has bought a 4.5 percent stake of a company which provides luxury Egypt hotels and resorts, under a joint plan to develop a new resort property on the Red Sea which will include a marina.
Orascom Development's auxiliary, Orascom Development and Management (ODM) have signed a nine year deal with Egyptian Resorts Co. (ERC) and the two companies are making plans to develop 618 acres of ERC property which surrounds the existing resort of Sahl Hasheesh.
The new additions to ERC's Egypt hotels will feature 4,000 rooms and suites, 2,500 residential units and a marina, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2012. Chief Executive Officer of Egyptians Resorts, Mohamed Kamel, said:
"These strategic assets promise to create significant value for the resort in general and help bring added value for both firms. ODM will act as the development manager and will also market and sell the residential estate units surrounding the marine area, which is considered as one of the pillars of the Red Sea resort of Sahl Hasheesh."
In return for its share, Orascom Development Management will receive a share of profits and revenue fro ERC. Set upon 10,100 acres, the Sahl Hasheesh resort is situated 11 miles south of Hurghada and has 1,577 hotels rooms and suites for its guests on holidays in Egypt as well as 679 real estate units.
The all sea-view resort stands out from other Egypt hotels with is 7.8 miles of shoreline, gorgeous sandy beaches, and the Hasheesh Island, which offers a great diving site for guests on Egypt holidays. As well as the luxury range of accommodation, travellers staying at any of the Egypt hotels on the stunning complex can take advantage of the luxury facilities including golf courts, a cinema complex, numerous swimming pools, and the forthcoming worldwide unique marina.
The warm climate attracts visitors to the luxury resort on an all-year-round basis and there are plenty of historic attractions and sites to visits nearby as well as vibrant city and endless water sports activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...