Orascom invest in Egypt hotels
The Swiss-based company, Orascom Development Holding has bought a 4.5 percent stake of a company which provides luxury Egypt hotels and resorts, under a joint plan to develop a new resort property on the Red Sea which will include a marina.
Orascom Development's auxiliary, Orascom Development and Management (ODM) have signed a nine year deal with Egyptian Resorts Co. (ERC) and the two companies are making plans to develop 618 acres of ERC property which surrounds the existing resort of Sahl Hasheesh.
The new additions to ERC's Egypt hotels will feature 4,000 rooms and suites, 2,500 residential units and a marina, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2012. Chief Executive Officer of Egyptians Resorts, Mohamed Kamel, said:
"These strategic assets promise to create significant value for the resort in general and help bring added value for both firms. ODM will act as the development manager and will also market and sell the residential estate units surrounding the marine area, which is considered as one of the pillars of the Red Sea resort of Sahl Hasheesh."
In return for its share, Orascom Development Management will receive a share of profits and revenue fro ERC. Set upon 10,100 acres, the Sahl Hasheesh resort is situated 11 miles south of Hurghada and has 1,577 hotels rooms and suites for its guests on holidays in Egypt as well as 679 real estate units.
The all sea-view resort stands out from other Egypt hotels with is 7.8 miles of shoreline, gorgeous sandy beaches, and the Hasheesh Island, which offers a great diving site for guests on Egypt holidays. As well as the luxury range of accommodation, travellers staying at any of the Egypt hotels on the stunning complex can take advantage of the luxury facilities including golf courts, a cinema complex, numerous swimming pools, and the forthcoming worldwide unique marina.
The warm climate attracts visitors to the luxury resort on an all-year-round basis and there are plenty of historic attractions and sites to visits nearby as well as vibrant city and endless water sports activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy a Wonderfully Relaxing Holiday with a wide range of activities
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...