Orascom invest in Egypt hotels
The Swiss-based company, Orascom Development Holding has bought a 4.5 percent stake of a company which provides luxury Egypt hotels and resorts, under a joint plan to develop a new resort property on the Red Sea which will include a marina.
Orascom Development's auxiliary, Orascom Development and Management (ODM) have signed a nine year deal with Egyptian Resorts Co. (ERC) and the two companies are making plans to develop 618 acres of ERC property which surrounds the existing resort of Sahl Hasheesh.
The new additions to ERC's Egypt hotels will feature 4,000 rooms and suites, 2,500 residential units and a marina, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2012. Chief Executive Officer of Egyptians Resorts, Mohamed Kamel, said:
"These strategic assets promise to create significant value for the resort in general and help bring added value for both firms. ODM will act as the development manager and will also market and sell the residential estate units surrounding the marine area, which is considered as one of the pillars of the Red Sea resort of Sahl Hasheesh."
In return for its share, Orascom Development Management will receive a share of profits and revenue fro ERC. Set upon 10,100 acres, the Sahl Hasheesh resort is situated 11 miles south of Hurghada and has 1,577 hotels rooms and suites for its guests on holidays in Egypt as well as 679 real estate units.
The all sea-view resort stands out from other Egypt hotels with is 7.8 miles of shoreline, gorgeous sandy beaches, and the Hasheesh Island, which offers a great diving site for guests on Egypt holidays. As well as the luxury range of accommodation, travellers staying at any of the Egypt hotels on the stunning complex can take advantage of the luxury facilities including golf courts, a cinema complex, numerous swimming pools, and the forthcoming worldwide unique marina.
The warm climate attracts visitors to the luxury resort on an all-year-round basis and there are plenty of historic attractions and sites to visits nearby as well as vibrant city and endless water sports activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...