Gotravel urging travellers to buy insurance prior to departure when going on Cuba holidays
GoTravel, one of the UK's major providers of travel insurance has recently issued a statement urging travellers to be wise and buy ahead for their Cuba holidays as the country's new medical insurance regulations come into force starting 1st May 2010.
The word has been out for a while now that Cuba’s new regulation will require those taking Cuba holidays to buy medical insurance for the duration of their visit. Now, as more and more insurance companies engage in deals with the island to provide proper coverage to worldwide travellers, there is one British insurer in particular urging travellers to take no risks and buy before they go.
Following the announcement made by the Cuban Government which comes into force as soon as next week, for arrivals from 1st May 2010 onwards, Go Travel Insurance made a public call to UK travellers today reinforcing the importance of taking out comprehensive travel insurance to cover travellers during their Cuba holidays. And because according to the new health insurance policy tourists (or Cuban citizens living abroad) visiting the island will be required to have their insurance cover upon arrival in order to to gain entry to the country, Gotravel is urging holidaymakers to buy before they get there in order to make the process as hassle-free and smooth as possible and avoid delays at the airports or ports or entry, leaving travellers to fully enjoy Cuba holidays without being stopped upon arrival and having to wait until their medical insurance is arranged locally in-situ.
The initiative by GoTravel to spread the word comes after the order issued by the Cuban Government in March, stressed how the insurance policy should be obtained in the traveller's home country to cover the full span of their visit, and those arriving without proper coverage would be required to purchase medical cover from a Cuban insurance company at the seaport or airport immediately upon arrival.
The requirement applies to all tourists and visitors, not only those on Cuba holidays, but also for Cubans living abroad coming into the country to visit friends or family, as well as for any any foreigners temporarily living in Cuba. The regulation currently only exempts diplomats and representatives of accredited international organisations.
"It's important for travellers to be aware of the new conditions imposed by the Cuban government for entry into Cuba and to take out adequate travel cover to ensure they don't have to pay for a policy once they arrive." - said a spokesperson for Go Travel Insurance, one of the UK's major providers of travel insurance.
"Taking out travel insurance should be seen as a necessity and not an optional extra and the Cuban governments stand on this seems to supports this."
Offering travel insurance online since 2000, GoTravel is a fast, secure and reliable travel insurance company, and you can get an instant quote from the website.
Whether you are a frequent traveller interested in getting annual travel insurance or a single trip policy to cover your Cuba holidays is what you are after, Go Travel Insurance offers an end to end service, with all claims, medical screening and call centre customer service handled in-house in the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...