President Calderon wants aggressive Mexico tourism campaign, especially for Cancun holidays
Mexico's President is urging those in the travel industry to work harder at promoting Mexico holidays and raising awareness about Mexico's appeal as a unique holiday destination for beach, sun, ecotourism, history and culture.
Mexico holidays are keen to bounce back after the detrimental effects the global recession and the swine flu virus had on the country’s tourism sector. And this is why the county’s president is getting involved as he recently confirmed his government’s strong and ongoing commitment to restore the Mexico holidays appeal, with special attention to the ever popular Cancun holidays market. Mexican President Felipe Calderon asked the leaders of the country's tourism industry to more aggressively promote Mexico holidays to drive more tourism the country.
"The advantages we have versus the other destinations worldwide are significant" - Calderon assured.
Making a special trip to speak at the opening of the annual Tianguis tourism fair held in Acapulco beach, the Mexican President said the Mexican culture is "original" and unique and what they have to offer to travellers is a rich history spanning 1500 years, complemented by great sunny beaches and beautiful nature reserves. He cited tourist attractions such as pyramids, music, gastronomy and the arts. Talking about the country’s diverse appeal, Calderon then went on to site Mexico's enviable position as fourth in the world for ecotourism (such as the new eco development of the Mayakoba resort which can be visited during Cancun holidays) and its many outstanding locations and facilities that attract worldwide conferences and summits, including international banking, energy and United Nation's meetings.
He said that "the most important aspect we have as Mexico is that hospitality is embedded in us" and for this he quoted the expression "Mi casa es su casa" translating as "my home is your home." Focusing on Mexico's tourism product and the many attributes of Mexico holidays, the President cited other attractions, including a butterfly reserve and swimming with giant whales as examples of unique tourism experiences to be had during Mexico holidays and which need to be better promoted.
"Tourism is a key industry for Mexico's economy," - said Calderon - "for the momentum of economic recovery and, also, crucially, employment and development of Mexico."
During his administration, Calderon has already shown his strong commitment to tourism through investment in real, visible projects. One clearly beneficial project for Cancun holidays is the newly widened beachfront for both holidaymakers and condo owners to enjoy. Another example is the support for the second runway project at Cancun's International Airport, which is facilitating Cancun holidays and the resort's new focus on becoming an international travel and business convention hub – this will likewise bring new interest to the Cancun holidays market, asw well as bringing new real estate and investment opportunities.
Further indicating the President's efforts in making Cancun holidays shine like never before, in the Riviera Maya bridges are being built on the Cancun-Tulum federal highway through places like Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen and Puerto Aventuras, making weekend outings to the Tulum area more convenient. In Tulum itself, another international airport was just announced (the beginning of the bidding process), which will bring even more tourism and real estate opportunities to Cancun holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...