President Calderon wants aggressive Mexico tourism campaign, especially for Cancun holidays
Mexico's President is urging those in the travel industry to work harder at promoting Mexico holidays and raising awareness about Mexico's appeal as a unique holiday destination for beach, sun, ecotourism, history and culture.
Mexico holidays are keen to bounce back after the detrimental effects the global recession and the swine flu virus had on the country’s tourism sector. And this is why the county’s president is getting involved as he recently confirmed his government’s strong and ongoing commitment to restore the Mexico holidays appeal, with special attention to the ever popular Cancun holidays market. Mexican President Felipe Calderon asked the leaders of the country's tourism industry to more aggressively promote Mexico holidays to drive more tourism the country.
"The advantages we have versus the other destinations worldwide are significant" - Calderon assured.
Making a special trip to speak at the opening of the annual Tianguis tourism fair held in Acapulco beach, the Mexican President said the Mexican culture is "original" and unique and what they have to offer to travellers is a rich history spanning 1500 years, complemented by great sunny beaches and beautiful nature reserves. He cited tourist attractions such as pyramids, music, gastronomy and the arts. Talking about the country’s diverse appeal, Calderon then went on to site Mexico's enviable position as fourth in the world for ecotourism (such as the new eco development of the Mayakoba resort which can be visited during Cancun holidays) and its many outstanding locations and facilities that attract worldwide conferences and summits, including international banking, energy and United Nation's meetings.
He said that "the most important aspect we have as Mexico is that hospitality is embedded in us" and for this he quoted the expression "Mi casa es su casa" translating as "my home is your home." Focusing on Mexico's tourism product and the many attributes of Mexico holidays, the President cited other attractions, including a butterfly reserve and swimming with giant whales as examples of unique tourism experiences to be had during Mexico holidays and which need to be better promoted.
"Tourism is a key industry for Mexico's economy," - said Calderon - "for the momentum of economic recovery and, also, crucially, employment and development of Mexico."
During his administration, Calderon has already shown his strong commitment to tourism through investment in real, visible projects. One clearly beneficial project for Cancun holidays is the newly widened beachfront for both holidaymakers and condo owners to enjoy. Another example is the support for the second runway project at Cancun's International Airport, which is facilitating Cancun holidays and the resort's new focus on becoming an international travel and business convention hub – this will likewise bring new interest to the Cancun holidays market, asw well as bringing new real estate and investment opportunities.
Further indicating the President's efforts in making Cancun holidays shine like never before, in the Riviera Maya bridges are being built on the Cancun-Tulum federal highway through places like Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen and Puerto Aventuras, making weekend outings to the Tulum area more convenient. In Tulum itself, another international airport was just announced (the beginning of the bidding process), which will bring even more tourism and real estate opportunities to Cancun holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...