Jumeirah launches new lifestyle brand as occupancy on their Dubai hotels soar
Due to a strong growth being reported in the sale of guest rooms at their Dubai hotels, the luxury group of Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts have announced the creation of a new lifestyle brand of hotels to be formally launched by late 2010.
The luxury brand of Jumeirah hotels has recently reported a strong growth in sales, which has been fuelled mainly by the increasing occupancy rates it experienced on its Dubai hotels this year. Making the most of the big momentum, the group has also unveiled plans to launch a new lifestyle brand later in 2010 which will go under the name of VENU Hotels, marking a new era for the hotelier, which gave its first steps in the Dubai holidays market.
Jumeirah’s beachfront properties, which offer luxury Dubai holidays in premium locations – including the Burj al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the Madinat Jumeirah – registered an unprecedented occupancy level of 92.5 % in April and an average of 89 % during February and March.
Such strength in the Dubai holidays market was particularly encouraging for the group, with the Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel hitting the 75 % mark on occupancy levels for the February-March 2010 period.
“The high occupancy rates recorded at our hotels confirms that Dubai has maintained and consolidated its place as the preferred destination for discerning travellers.” - said Gerald Lawless, Executive Chairman of Jumeirah Group.
Another arena in which the Jumeirah group also did particularly well was at last year’s World Travel Awards, walking away with the title of “Middle East’s Leading Luxury Brand”, while their Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel picked up the “Middle East’s Leading Business Hotel”. If all this wasn’t enough, at the WTA Grand Final in London last November, the Burj al Arab won the blue ribband category as the “World’s Leading Hotel”.
But Jumeirah’s excellent performance is not limited to its operations on the Dubai holidays market. The Jumeirah’s Essex House in New York has secured average occupancy rates of 85 % during April, while its London properties – Jumeirah Carlton Towers and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel – showed a similar strength during the same period.
Regarding the new lifestyle brand of VENU Hotels Mr Lawless added - “VENU Hotels will, when launched, fulfil a clear market need and one that is highly complementary to the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts brand. We are looking forward to a busy and exciting period opening new hotels, attracting new guests and introducing a new hotel brand concept to the world.”
Jumeirah’s new contemporary brand will be formally launched by the end of this year as a key element in the group's global expansion programme, which includes a goal of opening 30 new hotels worldwide by 2013.
While the company has yet to confirm the locations of its first set of VENU hotels, it says it is in advanced negotiations with developers interested in opening VENU branded hotels in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Founded in 1997 with the aim of becoming a leading hotelier in the hospitality industry through establishing a world class portfolio of elegant hotels and resorts to offer luxury holidays for the discernign traveller; Jumeirah expects to open at least 10 new hotels within the next 18 months including Jumeirah Frankfurt, Jumeirah Messilah Beach in Kuwait, two new the Maldives hotels as they enter the Maldives holidays market, a further Jumeirah Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi, as well as properties in Al Ain, Shanghai and more Dubai hotels, staying loyal to their Dubai roots serving the always lucrative Dubai holidays sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...