Jumeirah launches new lifestyle brand as occupancy on their Dubai hotels soar
Due to a strong growth being reported in the sale of guest rooms at their Dubai hotels, the luxury group of Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts have announced the creation of a new lifestyle brand of hotels to be formally launched by late 2010.
The luxury brand of Jumeirah hotels has recently reported a strong growth in sales, which has been fuelled mainly by the increasing occupancy rates it experienced on its Dubai hotels this year. Making the most of the big momentum, the group has also unveiled plans to launch a new lifestyle brand later in 2010 which will go under the name of VENU Hotels, marking a new era for the hotelier, which gave its first steps in the Dubai holidays market.
Jumeirah’s beachfront properties, which offer luxury Dubai holidays in premium locations – including the Burj al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the Madinat Jumeirah – registered an unprecedented occupancy level of 92.5 % in April and an average of 89 % during February and March.
Such strength in the Dubai holidays market was particularly encouraging for the group, with the Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel hitting the 75 % mark on occupancy levels for the February-March 2010 period.
“The high occupancy rates recorded at our hotels confirms that Dubai has maintained and consolidated its place as the preferred destination for discerning travellers.” - said Gerald Lawless, Executive Chairman of Jumeirah Group.
Another arena in which the Jumeirah group also did particularly well was at last year’s World Travel Awards, walking away with the title of “Middle East’s Leading Luxury Brand”, while their Jumeirah Emirates Towers hotel picked up the “Middle East’s Leading Business Hotel”. If all this wasn’t enough, at the WTA Grand Final in London last November, the Burj al Arab won the blue ribband category as the “World’s Leading Hotel”.
But Jumeirah’s excellent performance is not limited to its operations on the Dubai holidays market. The Jumeirah’s Essex House in New York has secured average occupancy rates of 85 % during April, while its London properties – Jumeirah Carlton Towers and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel – showed a similar strength during the same period.
Regarding the new lifestyle brand of VENU Hotels Mr Lawless added - “VENU Hotels will, when launched, fulfil a clear market need and one that is highly complementary to the Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts brand. We are looking forward to a busy and exciting period opening new hotels, attracting new guests and introducing a new hotel brand concept to the world.”
Jumeirah’s new contemporary brand will be formally launched by the end of this year as a key element in the group's global expansion programme, which includes a goal of opening 30 new hotels worldwide by 2013.
While the company has yet to confirm the locations of its first set of VENU hotels, it says it is in advanced negotiations with developers interested in opening VENU branded hotels in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Eastern Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Founded in 1997 with the aim of becoming a leading hotelier in the hospitality industry through establishing a world class portfolio of elegant hotels and resorts to offer luxury holidays for the discernign traveller; Jumeirah expects to open at least 10 new hotels within the next 18 months including Jumeirah Frankfurt, Jumeirah Messilah Beach in Kuwait, two new the Maldives hotels as they enter the Maldives holidays market, a further Jumeirah Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi, as well as properties in Al Ain, Shanghai and more Dubai hotels, staying loyal to their Dubai roots serving the always lucrative Dubai holidays sector.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...