Amy Winehouse to take former husband on Cuba holidays
Famous singer, Amy Winehouse, has recently reunited with her former husband and is reportedly taking him with her on their Cuba holidays to mark the occasion with cigars once Blake Fielder Civil's court ordered curfew has ended.
The British singer, who is famous for tracks including Rehab and Back to Black, is planning on taking her estranged husband to Cuba's capital, Havana, after the couple's recent discovery of a mutual interest in cigar smoking. A source explained: Smoking cigars is their new thing. It all started when Amy bought a pack of Romeo y Julieta for Blake, because she thinks they're also tragic lovers.
"Amy and Blake have been spending their time reading up on the history and the culture behind them and followed it to Cuba. She thinks there's a kind of romance to it and would love to go there with Blake."
After being released from jail after attacking a pub landlord, Blake was forced to go to rehab in Sheffield to recover from his drug addiction. During that time the couple got back in touch and have since reportedly rekindled their romance. The 26 year old singer has also recently bought a new home in London and is planning on sharing it with Blake once Blake's curfew have ended and the couple are back from their Cuba holidays.
The source added:
"She wants to go away to celebrate them being back together properly. It will be their 'second honeymoon'. As soon as his curfew allows, they'll be off."
The on-off couple got married in Miami in 2007 with a surprise wedding but married life did not start off too well as Blake was arrested for arrested for grievous bodily harm on a pub landlord later that same year.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, the stunning island is a popular choice for Cuba holidays taken by travellers from all over the world.
The region features authentic and luxury Cuba hotels, spectacular diving sites, miles of pristine white sandy beaches, historic and cultural attractions and sights, a tropical climate, warm friendly locals, and a wide selection of cigars: perfect for relaxing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...