Amy Winehouse to take former husband on Cuba holidays
Famous singer, Amy Winehouse, has recently reunited with her former husband and is reportedly taking him with her on their Cuba holidays to mark the occasion with cigars once Blake Fielder Civil's court ordered curfew has ended.
The British singer, who is famous for tracks including Rehab and Back to Black, is planning on taking her estranged husband to Cuba's capital, Havana, after the couple's recent discovery of a mutual interest in cigar smoking. A source explained: Smoking cigars is their new thing. It all started when Amy bought a pack of Romeo y Julieta for Blake, because she thinks they're also tragic lovers.
"Amy and Blake have been spending their time reading up on the history and the culture behind them and followed it to Cuba. She thinks there's a kind of romance to it and would love to go there with Blake."
After being released from jail after attacking a pub landlord, Blake was forced to go to rehab in Sheffield to recover from his drug addiction. During that time the couple got back in touch and have since reportedly rekindled their romance. The 26 year old singer has also recently bought a new home in London and is planning on sharing it with Blake once Blake's curfew have ended and the couple are back from their Cuba holidays.
The source added:
"She wants to go away to celebrate them being back together properly. It will be their 'second honeymoon'. As soon as his curfew allows, they'll be off."
The on-off couple got married in Miami in 2007 with a surprise wedding but married life did not start off too well as Blake was arrested for arrested for grievous bodily harm on a pub landlord later that same year.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, the stunning island is a popular choice for Cuba holidays taken by travellers from all over the world.
The region features authentic and luxury Cuba hotels, spectacular diving sites, miles of pristine white sandy beaches, historic and cultural attractions and sights, a tropical climate, warm friendly locals, and a wide selection of cigars: perfect for relaxing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...