Amy Winehouse to take former husband on Cuba holidays
Famous singer, Amy Winehouse, has recently reunited with her former husband and is reportedly taking him with her on their Cuba holidays to mark the occasion with cigars once Blake Fielder Civil's court ordered curfew has ended.
The British singer, who is famous for tracks including Rehab and Back to Black, is planning on taking her estranged husband to Cuba's capital, Havana, after the couple's recent discovery of a mutual interest in cigar smoking. A source explained: Smoking cigars is their new thing. It all started when Amy bought a pack of Romeo y Julieta for Blake, because she thinks they're also tragic lovers.
"Amy and Blake have been spending their time reading up on the history and the culture behind them and followed it to Cuba. She thinks there's a kind of romance to it and would love to go there with Blake."
After being released from jail after attacking a pub landlord, Blake was forced to go to rehab in Sheffield to recover from his drug addiction. During that time the couple got back in touch and have since reportedly rekindled their romance. The 26 year old singer has also recently bought a new home in London and is planning on sharing it with Blake once Blake's curfew have ended and the couple are back from their Cuba holidays.
The source added:
"She wants to go away to celebrate them being back together properly. It will be their 'second honeymoon'. As soon as his curfew allows, they'll be off."
The on-off couple got married in Miami in 2007 with a surprise wedding but married life did not start off too well as Blake was arrested for arrested for grievous bodily harm on a pub landlord later that same year.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, the stunning island is a popular choice for Cuba holidays taken by travellers from all over the world.
The region features authentic and luxury Cuba hotels, spectacular diving sites, miles of pristine white sandy beaches, historic and cultural attractions and sights, a tropical climate, warm friendly locals, and a wide selection of cigars: perfect for relaxing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...