Amy Winehouse to take former husband on Cuba holidays
Famous singer, Amy Winehouse, has recently reunited with her former husband and is reportedly taking him with her on their Cuba holidays to mark the occasion with cigars once Blake Fielder Civil's court ordered curfew has ended.
The British singer, who is famous for tracks including Rehab and Back to Black, is planning on taking her estranged husband to Cuba's capital, Havana, after the couple's recent discovery of a mutual interest in cigar smoking. A source explained: Smoking cigars is their new thing. It all started when Amy bought a pack of Romeo y Julieta for Blake, because she thinks they're also tragic lovers.
"Amy and Blake have been spending their time reading up on the history and the culture behind them and followed it to Cuba. She thinks there's a kind of romance to it and would love to go there with Blake."
After being released from jail after attacking a pub landlord, Blake was forced to go to rehab in Sheffield to recover from his drug addiction. During that time the couple got back in touch and have since reportedly rekindled their romance. The 26 year old singer has also recently bought a new home in London and is planning on sharing it with Blake once Blake's curfew have ended and the couple are back from their Cuba holidays.
The source added:
"She wants to go away to celebrate them being back together properly. It will be their 'second honeymoon'. As soon as his curfew allows, they'll be off."
The on-off couple got married in Miami in 2007 with a surprise wedding but married life did not start off too well as Blake was arrested for arrested for grievous bodily harm on a pub landlord later that same year.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, the stunning island is a popular choice for Cuba holidays taken by travellers from all over the world.
The region features authentic and luxury Cuba hotels, spectacular diving sites, miles of pristine white sandy beaches, historic and cultural attractions and sights, a tropical climate, warm friendly locals, and a wide selection of cigars: perfect for relaxing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...