Amy Winehouse to take former husband on Cuba holidays
Famous singer, Amy Winehouse, has recently reunited with her former husband and is reportedly taking him with her on their Cuba holidays to mark the occasion with cigars once Blake Fielder Civil's court ordered curfew has ended.
The British singer, who is famous for tracks including Rehab and Back to Black, is planning on taking her estranged husband to Cuba's capital, Havana, after the couple's recent discovery of a mutual interest in cigar smoking. A source explained: Smoking cigars is their new thing. It all started when Amy bought a pack of Romeo y Julieta for Blake, because she thinks they're also tragic lovers.
"Amy and Blake have been spending their time reading up on the history and the culture behind them and followed it to Cuba. She thinks there's a kind of romance to it and would love to go there with Blake."
After being released from jail after attacking a pub landlord, Blake was forced to go to rehab in Sheffield to recover from his drug addiction. During that time the couple got back in touch and have since reportedly rekindled their romance. The 26 year old singer has also recently bought a new home in London and is planning on sharing it with Blake once Blake's curfew have ended and the couple are back from their Cuba holidays.
The source added:
"She wants to go away to celebrate them being back together properly. It will be their 'second honeymoon'. As soon as his curfew allows, they'll be off."
The on-off couple got married in Miami in 2007 with a surprise wedding but married life did not start off too well as Blake was arrested for arrested for grievous bodily harm on a pub landlord later that same year.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, the stunning island is a popular choice for Cuba holidays taken by travellers from all over the world.
The region features authentic and luxury Cuba hotels, spectacular diving sites, miles of pristine white sandy beaches, historic and cultural attractions and sights, a tropical climate, warm friendly locals, and a wide selection of cigars: perfect for relaxing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...