A new tourism school to offer better serviced Cuba holidays
For the better development of sustainable tourism at one of Cuba's most popular tourist resorts, the country has founded a new tourism school with the aim of training professionals to look after preserving the ecosystem while providing great Cuba holidays
Ensuring a future of well-serviced Cuba holidays that offer the discerning traveller competitive and efficient tourism packages, the country has opened a new Tourism School; at the same time confirming the Cuba travel industry's increasing spiral which annually brings more than two million visitors from all over the world who come to enjoy Cuba holidays.
Inaugurated by the Hotel and Tourism School (FORMATUR) as part of new actions to further develop Cuba holidays and expand the country’s tourism sector; this new tourism learning centre will be aimed at preserving the marine and land biodiversity already present in the tourist resorts that lie at the north of the island in provinces such as Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Sancti Spiritus and Ciego de Avila.
The institution founded this new Hotel and Tourism School to become the first in that area, which has one of the country's most outstanding recreational sites attracting thousands of tourists every year: Jardines del Rey.
Fully equipped with computers, printers and internet access (very restrictive and limited in the island) this new school will be training tourism professionals from eastern Cuba who in a near future will be looking after sustainable Cuba holidays while preserving the environment in this region.
An official report states the central province of Ciego de Avila, known for its leisure facilities on its northern keys, recently joined the Centre of Sustainable Tourism Development. As part of the Sustainable Centre, the new tourism schoool will carry out research works to monitor and evaluate the impact of tourism development on the region’s ecosystems, and the fragility of such ecosystems when faced against a possible massive inflow from U.S. travellers taking Cuba holidays once the Cuba travel ban is lifted.
The initiative is aimed at preserving the land and marine biodiversity in areas of tourism activities in the northern coast of Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Santi Spiritus and Ciego de Avila provinces.
For training professionals, the new centre features a training room and a service lounge equipped with computers, printers and high-speed Internet access.
It will be devoted to investigative activities, monitoring and impact assessment of tourism development on the area's ecosystems.
For four consecutive years the island has been receiving over two million travellers from around the world who come enticed by the Cuba holidays appeal and the authorities are now opting for a strategy that combines sustainable tourism and sustainable growth to keep the freshness of the Cuba holiday appeal factor for many more years to come.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...