A new tourism school to offer better serviced Cuba holidays
For the better development of sustainable tourism at one of Cuba's most popular tourist resorts, the country has founded a new tourism school with the aim of training professionals to look after preserving the ecosystem while providing great Cuba holidays
Ensuring a future of well-serviced Cuba holidays that offer the discerning traveller competitive and efficient tourism packages, the country has opened a new Tourism School; at the same time confirming the Cuba travel industry's increasing spiral which annually brings more than two million visitors from all over the world who come to enjoy Cuba holidays.
Inaugurated by the Hotel and Tourism School (FORMATUR) as part of new actions to further develop Cuba holidays and expand the country’s tourism sector; this new tourism learning centre will be aimed at preserving the marine and land biodiversity already present in the tourist resorts that lie at the north of the island in provinces such as Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Sancti Spiritus and Ciego de Avila.
The institution founded this new Hotel and Tourism School to become the first in that area, which has one of the country's most outstanding recreational sites attracting thousands of tourists every year: Jardines del Rey.
Fully equipped with computers, printers and internet access (very restrictive and limited in the island) this new school will be training tourism professionals from eastern Cuba who in a near future will be looking after sustainable Cuba holidays while preserving the environment in this region.
An official report states the central province of Ciego de Avila, known for its leisure facilities on its northern keys, recently joined the Centre of Sustainable Tourism Development. As part of the Sustainable Centre, the new tourism schoool will carry out research works to monitor and evaluate the impact of tourism development on the region’s ecosystems, and the fragility of such ecosystems when faced against a possible massive inflow from U.S. travellers taking Cuba holidays once the Cuba travel ban is lifted.
The initiative is aimed at preserving the land and marine biodiversity in areas of tourism activities in the northern coast of Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Santi Spiritus and Ciego de Avila provinces.
For training professionals, the new centre features a training room and a service lounge equipped with computers, printers and high-speed Internet access.
It will be devoted to investigative activities, monitoring and impact assessment of tourism development on the area's ecosystems.
For four consecutive years the island has been receiving over two million travellers from around the world who come enticed by the Cuba holidays appeal and the authorities are now opting for a strategy that combines sustainable tourism and sustainable growth to keep the freshness of the Cuba holiday appeal factor for many more years to come.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...