A new tourism school to offer better serviced Cuba holidays
For the better development of sustainable tourism at one of Cuba's most popular tourist resorts, the country has founded a new tourism school with the aim of training professionals to look after preserving the ecosystem while providing great Cuba holidays
Ensuring a future of well-serviced Cuba holidays that offer the discerning traveller competitive and efficient tourism packages, the country has opened a new Tourism School; at the same time confirming the Cuba travel industry's increasing spiral which annually brings more than two million visitors from all over the world who come to enjoy Cuba holidays.
Inaugurated by the Hotel and Tourism School (FORMATUR) as part of new actions to further develop Cuba holidays and expand the country’s tourism sector; this new tourism learning centre will be aimed at preserving the marine and land biodiversity already present in the tourist resorts that lie at the north of the island in provinces such as Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Sancti Spiritus and Ciego de Avila.
The institution founded this new Hotel and Tourism School to become the first in that area, which has one of the country's most outstanding recreational sites attracting thousands of tourists every year: Jardines del Rey.
Fully equipped with computers, printers and internet access (very restrictive and limited in the island) this new school will be training tourism professionals from eastern Cuba who in a near future will be looking after sustainable Cuba holidays while preserving the environment in this region.
An official report states the central province of Ciego de Avila, known for its leisure facilities on its northern keys, recently joined the Centre of Sustainable Tourism Development. As part of the Sustainable Centre, the new tourism schoool will carry out research works to monitor and evaluate the impact of tourism development on the region’s ecosystems, and the fragility of such ecosystems when faced against a possible massive inflow from U.S. travellers taking Cuba holidays once the Cuba travel ban is lifted.
The initiative is aimed at preserving the land and marine biodiversity in areas of tourism activities in the northern coast of Camaguey, Matanzas, Villa Clara, Santi Spiritus and Ciego de Avila provinces.
For training professionals, the new centre features a training room and a service lounge equipped with computers, printers and high-speed Internet access.
It will be devoted to investigative activities, monitoring and impact assessment of tourism development on the area's ecosystems.
For four consecutive years the island has been receiving over two million travellers from around the world who come enticed by the Cuba holidays appeal and the authorities are now opting for a strategy that combines sustainable tourism and sustainable growth to keep the freshness of the Cuba holiday appeal factor for many more years to come.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...