BA operated extra flights for stranded passengers on St Kitts and Antigua holidays
British Airways is showing their ongoing support for stranded customers in the Caribbean as they pull every effort to bring them all back in record time by operating extra flights, used solely to bring back stranded passengers in St Kitts and Antigua.
In order to bring back stranded passengers still on their longer-than-expected Caribbean holidays in Antigua and St Kitts, British Airways operated an extra Boeing 777 flight from Antigua and St Kitts last Thursday 22nd April, 2010 as the airline made every effort to rebuild their global services following the six-day closure of UK airspace on15th April after the eruption of the EyjafjallajoKul volcano in Iceland.
However these extra flights are not open to public sale and are being used solely for stranded BA customers waiting to be rebooked, free of charge as the airline tries its best at bringing everything back to normal as soon as possible without leaving any of its stranded customers behind. Their aim now is to bring back all those still on their Caribbean holidays as soon as possible before they can focus again on normal operations.
BA operational and commercial teams are also looking at adding extra flights and larger aircraft where possible, in order to lead the customer repatriation effort and complete their mission in as little time as they are able to.
In addition, the airline also hopes to add more flights to the schedule during the days ahead using BA resources and also by chartering aircraft where needed.
While operations got off to a good start on Thursday morning, the momentum seems to keep going for restless British Airways, making no halt in their mission to bring back stranded customers. By the end of last Thursday British Airways would have operated more than 1,000 flights since UK airspace was reopened late on Tuesday night.
Speaking on their behalf, an official statement from BA said that the airline is currently doing all it can to help the tens of thousands of customers who have been delayed around the world by these unprecedented circumstances, with special attention to the many still stranded on Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Antigua.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...