BA operated extra flights for stranded passengers on St Kitts and Antigua holidays
British Airways is showing their ongoing support for stranded customers in the Caribbean as they pull every effort to bring them all back in record time by operating extra flights, used solely to bring back stranded passengers in St Kitts and Antigua.
In order to bring back stranded passengers still on their longer-than-expected Caribbean holidays in Antigua and St Kitts, British Airways operated an extra Boeing 777 flight from Antigua and St Kitts last Thursday 22nd April, 2010 as the airline made every effort to rebuild their global services following the six-day closure of UK airspace on15th April after the eruption of the EyjafjallajoKul volcano in Iceland.
However these extra flights are not open to public sale and are being used solely for stranded BA customers waiting to be rebooked, free of charge as the airline tries its best at bringing everything back to normal as soon as possible without leaving any of its stranded customers behind. Their aim now is to bring back all those still on their Caribbean holidays as soon as possible before they can focus again on normal operations.
BA operational and commercial teams are also looking at adding extra flights and larger aircraft where possible, in order to lead the customer repatriation effort and complete their mission in as little time as they are able to.
In addition, the airline also hopes to add more flights to the schedule during the days ahead using BA resources and also by chartering aircraft where needed.
While operations got off to a good start on Thursday morning, the momentum seems to keep going for restless British Airways, making no halt in their mission to bring back stranded customers. By the end of last Thursday British Airways would have operated more than 1,000 flights since UK airspace was reopened late on Tuesday night.
Speaking on their behalf, an official statement from BA said that the airline is currently doing all it can to help the tens of thousands of customers who have been delayed around the world by these unprecedented circumstances, with special attention to the many still stranded on Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Antigua.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...