BA operated extra flights for stranded passengers on St Kitts and Antigua holidays
British Airways is showing their ongoing support for stranded customers in the Caribbean as they pull every effort to bring them all back in record time by operating extra flights, used solely to bring back stranded passengers in St Kitts and Antigua.
In order to bring back stranded passengers still on their longer-than-expected Caribbean holidays in Antigua and St Kitts, British Airways operated an extra Boeing 777 flight from Antigua and St Kitts last Thursday 22nd April, 2010 as the airline made every effort to rebuild their global services following the six-day closure of UK airspace on15th April after the eruption of the EyjafjallajoKul volcano in Iceland.
However these extra flights are not open to public sale and are being used solely for stranded BA customers waiting to be rebooked, free of charge as the airline tries its best at bringing everything back to normal as soon as possible without leaving any of its stranded customers behind. Their aim now is to bring back all those still on their Caribbean holidays as soon as possible before they can focus again on normal operations.
BA operational and commercial teams are also looking at adding extra flights and larger aircraft where possible, in order to lead the customer repatriation effort and complete their mission in as little time as they are able to.
In addition, the airline also hopes to add more flights to the schedule during the days ahead using BA resources and also by chartering aircraft where needed.
While operations got off to a good start on Thursday morning, the momentum seems to keep going for restless British Airways, making no halt in their mission to bring back stranded customers. By the end of last Thursday British Airways would have operated more than 1,000 flights since UK airspace was reopened late on Tuesday night.
Speaking on their behalf, an official statement from BA said that the airline is currently doing all it can to help the tens of thousands of customers who have been delayed around the world by these unprecedented circumstances, with special attention to the many still stranded on Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Antigua.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...