BA operated extra flights for stranded passengers on St Kitts and Antigua holidays
British Airways is showing their ongoing support for stranded customers in the Caribbean as they pull every effort to bring them all back in record time by operating extra flights, used solely to bring back stranded passengers in St Kitts and Antigua.
In order to bring back stranded passengers still on their longer-than-expected Caribbean holidays in Antigua and St Kitts, British Airways operated an extra Boeing 777 flight from Antigua and St Kitts last Thursday 22nd April, 2010 as the airline made every effort to rebuild their global services following the six-day closure of UK airspace on15th April after the eruption of the EyjafjallajoKul volcano in Iceland.
However these extra flights are not open to public sale and are being used solely for stranded BA customers waiting to be rebooked, free of charge as the airline tries its best at bringing everything back to normal as soon as possible without leaving any of its stranded customers behind. Their aim now is to bring back all those still on their Caribbean holidays as soon as possible before they can focus again on normal operations.
BA operational and commercial teams are also looking at adding extra flights and larger aircraft where possible, in order to lead the customer repatriation effort and complete their mission in as little time as they are able to.
In addition, the airline also hopes to add more flights to the schedule during the days ahead using BA resources and also by chartering aircraft where needed.
While operations got off to a good start on Thursday morning, the momentum seems to keep going for restless British Airways, making no halt in their mission to bring back stranded customers. By the end of last Thursday British Airways would have operated more than 1,000 flights since UK airspace was reopened late on Tuesday night.
Speaking on their behalf, an official statement from BA said that the airline is currently doing all it can to help the tens of thousands of customers who have been delayed around the world by these unprecedented circumstances, with special attention to the many still stranded on Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Antigua.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...