BA operated extra flights for stranded passengers on St Kitts and Antigua holidays
British Airways is showing their ongoing support for stranded customers in the Caribbean as they pull every effort to bring them all back in record time by operating extra flights, used solely to bring back stranded passengers in St Kitts and Antigua.
In order to bring back stranded passengers still on their longer-than-expected Caribbean holidays in Antigua and St Kitts, British Airways operated an extra Boeing 777 flight from Antigua and St Kitts last Thursday 22nd April, 2010 as the airline made every effort to rebuild their global services following the six-day closure of UK airspace on15th April after the eruption of the EyjafjallajoKul volcano in Iceland.
However these extra flights are not open to public sale and are being used solely for stranded BA customers waiting to be rebooked, free of charge as the airline tries its best at bringing everything back to normal as soon as possible without leaving any of its stranded customers behind. Their aim now is to bring back all those still on their Caribbean holidays as soon as possible before they can focus again on normal operations.
BA operational and commercial teams are also looking at adding extra flights and larger aircraft where possible, in order to lead the customer repatriation effort and complete their mission in as little time as they are able to.
In addition, the airline also hopes to add more flights to the schedule during the days ahead using BA resources and also by chartering aircraft where needed.
While operations got off to a good start on Thursday morning, the momentum seems to keep going for restless British Airways, making no halt in their mission to bring back stranded customers. By the end of last Thursday British Airways would have operated more than 1,000 flights since UK airspace was reopened late on Tuesday night.
Speaking on their behalf, an official statement from BA said that the airline is currently doing all it can to help the tens of thousands of customers who have been delayed around the world by these unprecedented circumstances, with special attention to the many still stranded on Caribbean holidays in St Kitts and Antigua.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...